European Football back in action!

Watched my favs Arsenal and Bayern play this weekend. A bit of the same from both. Bayern destroying their opponent, and Arsenal…not.

Oh well, it’s just the start of the season… Plenty of new faces for the Gunners. I’m hopeful! With Bayern, you don’t worry too much about the league, but Champions League. And Juventus looks like a beast this year. A juve v Real Madrid final would be something. Of course I’m hoping Bayern make the final. But May is a long ways away.

Who’s your team(s)?

1 Like

Arsenal with another loss. :neutral_face:. But, better offense, and a wealth of goal scoring opportunities missed. Defense, well, giving up 5 goals over two games is not a great start (granted it was MC and Che), but still).

But I have to say, what about that ManU game! How restless are the ManU fans getting with him?

No soccer/football fans? Hard to believe. Nonetheless, Arsenal with a win, finally. Welbeck seals the deal in injury time!

1 Like

Just found this FX, and I was just beginning to like you till you said you supported Arse…:wink:

1 Like

No love? SAD! Haha! Long time fan. What can I say. They’re style of play was appealing, and still is, in some respect. Henry grabbed my attention back in the day and got me interested.

But today, they definitely have defensive issues, and you can bet some big money that more goals will leak in. But the team additions in the last 2 years have been way more interesting than in the past. Let’s see if they can do something about it. Top 4 though will be very very very tough to achieve.

Who do you follow?

MIGHTY SPURS!
I would have thought that since this forum seems to be fairly International, we’d have more football followers?!

My thoughts too, but maybe all their time is spent trading.

Or they’re West Ham fans… Sorry, I had too. :slight_smile:

Ouch! That’s gonna leave a mark!

1 Like

Whole bunch of national team friendlies over the next couple of days. Did you catch any?

I didn’t. Still feel the burn from the World Cup. Did see Spain v Germany but didn’t see result. Who did England play?

Actually, England and Spain played. Spain, 2-1. Rashford with a nice goal.

Germany played France, 0-0. Decent game for both sides. Germany had plenty of chances.

Wales made a meal of Ireland. 4-1!

How do you like 3-4X? You in US?

I am a huge football lover although my national team is quite weak but I am huge fan of the Germany. Bayern Munich is my favorite football club and Thomas Muller is my favorite player as well. Which one is your favorite team, club, and player? Share with us! Which league d o you follow?

1 Like

Which national team, Kreg? WooHoo! There are 3 of us now…
It seems there may be a more international presence here so, hopefully, we will get more followers.
USMNT(US Men’s Natl. Team) is the home side. After that Israel. Then England.
Mighty Tottenham Hotspur is my favourite! Which means I HAVE to “hate” all the other London clubs!
Except Fulham. How can you hate Fulham? :wink:

You catch CL today? Ouch to the Spurs. Messi doing Messi things. Mbappe is nasty! Liverpool win it late. That was a great game.

Yes and yes! Lahm was my favorite before retiring. Like I mentioned, grew up a watching the Gunners, Bayern, and AC Milan. Watched a Milan v Chelsea game in the States while Ronaldinho was still playing. That was fun!

Yeah. We stink…:frowning:
We have 3 “easy” (I know, no such thing) matches in EPL so time to start collecting points again!

Interesting on the red card for Ronaldo today. Didn’t look like much and I’m not really a fan of his.

Still won the game though.

And Bayern won a game they should have. Excellent! Manu with a win. Real Madrid win convincingly. And Man City lose in a shocker.

My teams all with tie and wins this weekend. Arsenal played well enough to put the game away in the second, and Bayern did what Bayer does.
Haven’t watched AC Milan in some time, but they got a tie. Small football fan world that Arsenal’s CEO is leaving for ACM.

Spurs were also on the ropes a bit, but got a win. Manu and Chelsea, not so lucky!

Touchdown MIIIIAMMMMMMIIIII 3 and 0 baby, AFC east 1 st place woooooohooooo. What, Oh, ok sorry, Home Of Golf just told me this was a soccer thread Sorry.

The Ever 1st Place DOLPHINS VIPER

Look at the Dolphins, chance for 4-0! At the Pats next though. Sounds like word on the street is the Pats are in trouble, down and out, end of an era. Ha, you know how it goes at this time of the year.

What ya think?