EURUSD Top Down Analysis

USDJPY Weekly Technical Outlook

The USDJPY price action on the weekly time frame has breached a rising trendline (blue) and is presently respecting a falling trendline (red). Last week it printed a bearish candlestick which touched the 106.930 horizontal support zone. Based on the recent pattern of order flow on the weekly time frame, we may see a sideways of price action in the 106.930 zone this week. Any northward pullback is temporary and may result in a southward continuation.

The doji-like candlestick printed on the daily time frame last week Friday points to a pause in bearish momentum. As price action is located around a horizontal support zone, we may see a pullback or sideways in the early part of this week. Any pullback is not likely to be deep, perhaps to the 108.150 area. A bearish continuation is likely to target the 106.040 area (magenta) initially.

I may be wrong. Trade safe and prosper.

GBPUSD Weekly Technical Outlook

The market has been consolidating around a horizontal support area in the past four weeks. Last week, a (bullish) piercing pattern was formed on the weekly time frame. Should bulls manage a follow-through this week, we may see a retest of the 1.28180 area, which is congruent to the monthly pivot.

The daily time frame shows that bulls are taking price action northwards. We may see them target the 1.28180/1.28840 zone before any southward turnaround.

On the H4 time frame, price action is respecting a rising trendline (magenta) but nearing the 1.28180 horizontal resistance. The 1.28180 horizontal resistance is likely to be tested by price action before any pullback towards, perhaps, the rising trendline. A breakdown of the rising trendline may see bears attempt a bearish move towards the 1.25810 horizontal support zone.

A mid-week technical update is always important for a swing trader. I have just observed a technical situation on the USDCAD and I will like to point it out here.

The USDCAD market has broken down a multi-year rising channel (blue) on the weekly time frame. Technically, a pullback to the channel support trendline with a role flip would provide momentum for a bearish drive. The likely initial target for such a bearish drive is the immediate horizontal support around the 1.30620 area (magenta). I am watching what happens.

Any trader presently tracking the GBPUSD? The bearish engulfing candlestick printed on the daily time frame yesterday was a rejection of the monthly pivot (1.27884) and a retest of a broken down horizontal support for a role flip. This is likely to have a follow-through towards the next horizontal support around the 1.25560 area.

One of the pairs I am tracking this week is the GBPJPY. Presently, price action has broken below the support trendline of a sloping channel (red) but the channel has not been breached. Presently there is sideways of price action just around the channel support trendline. However, a retracement of price action to the 138.010/139.450 zone (magenta) will pique my interest for a sell trading opportunity. The confluence of factors in the area appear interesting.

I am a longer term trader D, W, M.

Indicated where I would place the channel and strong trading activity in the blue squares. Would agree that it may pull back to the level you suggest but l am on the bullish side.

KC

I am a short-term swing trader; using the W, D & H1 tfs.

Trade safe.

You as well!!

XAUUSD Weekly Technical Outlook

The XAUUSD market on the weekly time frame has been bullish for quite a long while, breaching significant highs along the way. Presently, price action is located above the multi-year high created in July 2013. However, the bullish momentum appears to be in decline as the market printed an inverted hammer around the 1434.85 resistance zone last week. And we may see a retracement to an area of value soon.

A topping pattern is developing around the 1426.15 horizontal resistance area on the daily time frame but a rising trendline (red) is still in play. We may see further sideways of price action or a retest of the trendline. A target of any southward retracement of price action is the immediate horizontal support around the 1390 area.

A wedge pattern (blue) has formed on the H4 time frame and bearish prints are predominant within it. We may see a breakdown of the wedge foe a bearish pullback to an area of value. The 1390 area is such a likely place where price can pullback to. A breakdown of the rising trendline (red) seen on the daily time frame is likely going to see bears target the 1348 horizontal support area.

GBPCAD Weekly Technical Outlook

The GBPCAD market on the weekly time frame is basically in consolidation but presently with a bearish momentum. Bearish price action rejected a rising trendline (blue) seven weeks ago but there has been a limited follow-through since. Last week, price action printed a bearish continuation candlestick, but the small wicks at both ends indicated that bears were not fully in control. Trading is presently taking place around the 1.65730 horizontal support and we may see some sideways in the area.

On the daily time frame, price action has moved to far from the value area without significant pullback and we may see a retracement to the immediate broken down previous horizontal support around 1.67830/1.68930 (bound by magenta horizontal lines).

On the H4 time frame, price action is respecting a sharply falling trendline (black). The candlesticks printed in the last four sessions on Friday favour the bulls and a northward breach of the falling trendline (black) may result in a retracement to, perhaps, the 1.67830/1.68930 area (bound by magenta horizontal lines).

GBPJPY Weekly Technical Outlook

The GBPJPY market is in a corrective phase of an impulsive falling trend on the weekly time frame. Seven weeks ago, price action breached southwards a rising channel (blue) and is now in a sideways mode around the 136.430 horizontal support. The candlestick prints in the last two weeks are doji-like and ambivalent.

On the daily time frame, price action is operating within an inner falling channel (red) and presently located around the channel support trendline. In the last few days, bulls have shown more influence in price action than bears and we may see them take price action further northwards and within the channel.

On the H4 time frame, price action has formed a triangular pattern (black) and presently operating near the upper trendline. Any northward breakout of the triangle is potentially a fading opportunity for a sell trade, giving the bearish impulsive trend on the weekly time frame.

USDJPY Weekly Technical Outlook

The USDJPY market is in a consolidation mode on the weekly time frame. Last week, the market printed a bullish candlestick that pierced the above the middle of the bearish candlestick printed the previous week. Both candlesticks are between the 108.615 horizontal resistance and the 106.930 horizontal support, with last week’s candlestick inching towards the 108.615 horizontal resistance.

On the daily time frame, price action is operating in a falling channel (blue) and bullish prints are bearing northwards, perhaps to retest the channel resistance line. Technically there are barriers to any northward move, including the 108.450 minor horizontal resistance (magenta) and the 109.540 significant horizontal resistance. Nevertheless, any retracement is likely to be temporary and a sell trading opportunity is a more feasible option.

On the H4 time frame, early price action on Friday favoured a bullish response but bears became influential later. So, we had an ambivalent situation. Therefore, how price action plays out in the early part of this week should be watched. I hold a bearish bias USDJPY but a feasible sell trade is not likely to materialize until a northward pullback to an area of value. I will wait for a favorable northward pullback before committing to any sell trade.

XAUUSD Weekly Technical Outlook

The XAUUSD market is still disposed positively although on the weekly time frame the bullish momentum is weakening. Recent price action has printed top-shadow wicks at a multi-year resistance zone on the weekly time frame.

A topping M-formation has formed on the daily time frame but a rising trendline (red) is still intact. Technicals on the daily time frame still favour the bulls.

On the H4 time frame, price action briefly breached a rising trendline (red) southwards but bulls have managed to take price back to keep the trendline in play. Although the candlestick printed in the last session of Friday is ambivalent, the bullish print a session earlier is an indication of the intention of bulls to be influential in the market. Should bulls succeed, we may see a retest of the multi-year horizontal resistance around the 1432.00 area. But they have to contend with the immediate horizontal resistance around the 1420.60 area. At any rate, bulls are likely to retain control of the market in the early part of this week.

I am bullish XAUUSD.

After ranging for the first four months this year, the GBPCAD market has disposed southward since May 2019. In June, the market printed a bearish continuation candlestick and technical on the monthly time frame favour more negative move. The 1.61080 is a significant horizontal support area.

Price action on the weekly time frame is disposed negatively and the technical are in sync. Last week it printed a bearish continuation candlestick and we may see bears target the 1.61080 horizontal support area as target.

The bearish move of price action on the daily time frame has been parabolic in nature and I expect a pullback to an area of value in the early part of this week. The 1.66070/1.66810 horizontal resistance is likely to be such a value area and may result in a role flip for a southward turnaround after such a pullback. We should also be aware of the falling trendline (blue) from May 6, 2019 which is still in play as resistance.

A minor resistance trendline (black) is in play on the H4 time frame but it is rather acute and likely to be breached for a northward pullback, perhaps to retest the outer trendline (blue).

I am bearish GBPCAD, but I will await a northward pullback to an area of value on the H4/D1 timeframe before looking for a sell trading opportunity.

GBPNZD Weekly Technical Outlook

Technically, the GBPNZDY market is still range bound on the monthly time frame. In June 2019, the market printed a bearish candlestick as follow-up of the bearish pinbar printed in May but price action is located just a few pips above the 1.87890 horizontal support, which is the lower part of the range. A breakdown of the 1.87890 area is likely to expose the 1.80890 handle.

The weekly time frame shows a GBPJNZD market operating in a consolidating, horizontal channel. An inner ascending channel (red) recently formed has been breached southwards. Looking left and judging by the preceding price action patterns, we are likely to see a bearish continuation with the 1.84030 inception area as target. The bearish candlestick printed two weeks ago broke down a minor horizontal range but there was no follow through last week leading to the printing of a doji-like candlestick which pierced but did not break the 1.87890 horizontal support. We may see a pullback to an area of value early this week, perhaps the 1.90605 monthly pivot, which adjoins the base of the horizontal range broken down two weeks ago, before a bearish continuation.

A falling trendline (black) is in play as resistance on the daily time frame. Bulls took price action northwards from a horizontal support are last week Thursday and had a follow-up on Friday. However, given the holidays in the USA and Canada last week we may have to await further price action in the early part of this week. A pullback to an area of value, say the 1.90605 area or the falling trendline (black) is likely to be temporary and may give way to a southward turnaround.

I am bearish GBPNZD on a medium-term basis. The short term is likely to be sideways or a bullish move and temporary in nature.

The GBPJPY market is presently sideways on the monthly time frame. The bearish candlestick printed is May was apparently aimed to target the low (131.220) of the long-tailed bullish candlestick printed in January 2019. The indecision candlestick printed in May indicated a pause in directional momentum, but any bearish continuation will likely target the 131.220 zone.

On the weekly time frame, price action printed a bearish candlestick last week after the print of indecision candlesticks three and two weeks ago. However, the candlestick has a lower shadow and failed to breach the low of the candlesticks printed three weeks ago. Besides, the operation is located at the 135.560 horizontal support zone. Therefore, we may have to await how the market handles the 135.560 area in the early part of this week.

On the daily time frame, the technicals favour a bearish continuation. But a retracement is likely because a Tom-Demark falling trendline (black) is in play and its northward breach by price action is likely to lead to a retracement to an area of value.

A bottoming pattern can be seen on the H4 time frame. Price action is making a retest of the broken-down 135.880/137.230 horizontal channel (magenta). The pattern indicates a sluggishness in bearish momentum, and we may see a retracement to an area of value, perhaps the falling trendline (black) or the broken-down horizontal support around 137.670.

The rising trendline (red) on the daily time frame from the low of May 30, 2019 is still in play. A breakdown of the trendline on a daily closing basis may lead to a bearish drive and target the 1370 horizontal support zone. In the meantime, bulls are still techically favoured.

Trade safe.

The GBPJPY market is operating around a multi-month support zone. An indecision candlestick was printed in the zone in June. The May candlestick print was decisively bearish but was not able to breach the zone. Any bearish follow through after the present indecision is likely to break down the zone.

The technicals on the weekly time frame favour bears but presently the bearish prints have been relatively insignificant. This indicates a weakening of bearish influence. We may see bulls attempt a northward pullback this week.

A bottoming pattern has emerged on the H4 daily time frame. Given the most recent preceding pattern of price action, we may see a retest of the broken down rising trendline (magenta) or an area of value, say the 136.300 former horizontal support.

A symmetrical triangle (red) has formed on the GBPCAD monthly time frame with price action presently located at the proximal line around the 1.62850 horizontal support. A breach of the proximal line southward is likely to meet with contention around the 1.60750 horizontal support.

The market printed a small indecision candlestick on the weekly time frame around the proximal trendline of the symmetrical triangle (red) seen on the monthly time frame. This is indicative that bulls may likely step in to contend for market influence. As the 1.62850 horizontal support is a only about 120 pips below present price location, we may see bears test the area before any retracement northwards. At any rate, we may not see much bearish momentum until a significant breakdown of the 1.62850 area.

On the daily time frame both bulls and bears have recently been in contention of order flow. The parabolic move that earlier marked the descent from the 1.77340 area on May 6, 2019 has waned; and we may experience a pullback to retest a broken-down area of value. One such area is the 1.65100/1.66300 zone (bound by magenta horizontal lines).

GBPUSD Weekly Technical Outlook

The GBPUSD market is in consolidation. The weekly time frame shows a 300-pip horizontal channel (1.27680/1.24920) within which recent price action has been confined. Last week, a bullish pinbar was printed at the proximal channel line; a likely intention of bulls to challenge the bearish print of the previous week. A follow through is likely to see bulls target a value area, perhaps the high of the bearish candlestick printed two weeks ago.

On the daily time frame, the market printed three bullish candlesticks in the last three days of last week. This may see bulls attempt a retest of the broken-down horizontal support around the 1.27680 area.