Example of the relationship between "smart money" and the disparate masses,

Used to think this was true in forex as many do including some authors and “room traders”.

I not sure this is the case in forex. As it applies to equity markets, futures etc… yes.

It’s my understanding that this action you describe is the smart $$ shaking out the retailers and will start to move the market higher after a low volume test.

That’s my understanding fwiw.

YMMV…

I’m flat with 2 eyes on the same side,

KC

I would say that’s hidden holy grail in plain site!!

Truly well spoken!!

KC

@ 6 foot 2" I’ll never be short.

This is right near me!!! I never knew!!

KC

There’s something special about Livermore - maybe the Massachusetts air :slight_smile:

Seriously, if you check out the paragraph entitled Publications and works.

That book in 1939 is filled with knowledge - it was his last challenge, the market had become almost boring, it seemed as if he could make and lose a fortune at will.

Sadly even meeting that challenge didn’t bring peace of mind.

the thread is not about volume but how price takes a detour before going the usual way

Sorry @zrrsys , you had referred to OBV and it was my impression volume played a role in it’s calculation. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I have reviewed the thread from the beginning and was hoping you could explain the euphemism “takes a detour before going the usual way”. Are you referring to a pullback or are you referring to a exhaustion candle formation at a top or bottom. Sorry to be such a bone head regarding what seems such a simple topic.

If you could perhaps post an anotated chart that would be great! tx :grinning:

KC

do not be sorry
it is no problem