Expectations vs Reality in trading

12% yearly gains? I would say its too much for big hedge funds.

1 Like

For sure on the high end. From my understanding most target 1-2% monthly gains. A 12% increase would be a heck of a year.

1 Like

This is extremely powerful knowledge my friend i love this

A good rule of thumb I use for a leveraged account is 1-8% gain monthly target. Some will be better, some worse. Consistency is the key

1 Like

This is really nice target for investors but what I read from mainstream media like Bloomberg or CNBC, they barely outperform S&P 500. Could you please name some widely known funds which claim such mouth-watering yields

1 Like

There have been years where they have exceeded 12%, although not as much lately. Check this out which shows funds FX returns since 1987

1 Like

That is the hard reality of forex. Most of the people think that in forex business you’ll get to wear a fancy suit, drive posh cars, etc etc in a matter of months. But the reality is different. It is extremely hard work. However if you are smart enough to survive till the end then you could get all these riches. But that happens with very few. Most just fizzle out in the beginning

2 Likes

WOOOW this is poweful!!

Absolutely, it’s a long rise; I agree with you because a number of new traders join here with a short-term success plan!

1 Like

Very true,which country do you come from

Oh this one make sense, I mean that after financial crises profits have considerably shrunk. Black Swans really erase all efforts to earn

1 Like

Hello mate, nice to meet you! I’m from Malaysia! You from?

1 Like

Agreed. I’m sure we all remember. Your expectation of Forex, or any other market for that matter, is fast profits… Your just counting down the hours until you can quit your job and go buy that Yacht… MUCH MORE DIFFICULT! But the Great thing is IT IS POSSIBLE, it takes hard work, patience, CONSISTENCY. I know of a guy that started learning years ago and runs a million dollar fund now… Tons of hard work involved, but you CAN DO IT

2 Likes

What are the ultimate targets you set for trading guys? I mean earn one million$, buy house, learn to code EA or what. Money target are lacking motivation, that’s why I’m searching for some non monetary goals…

Thanks in advance.

#1 Freedom. Working for yourself and knowing you can make money anywhere in the world is true freedom.
#2 Time. Time is precious. Being able to trade only a couple hours a day tops and having the rest of your day to literally do whatever you want is the way to live.

Forex business is not easy to become profitable trader need hard work and always learning, as trader also need high dedication to survive on this field, sometimes will facing many obstacle and difficulties, but if we having confidence if someday later will capable to making profit hence with never lose hope will still alive to motivated

very well said @Bionic0101!! Hard work is the only road to success. However we should stop viewing hard work as something unachievable. If your will power is strong enough then anything is possible. You can make huge bucks in forex also! :wink:

Hehe, I wish I had such special techniques… But no, I still struggle sometimes with this but the longer the experience is, the easier it becomes to control your emotions. So there is no universal secret, it’s just practice and constant learning

Those are kind of general targets, any intermediary goals to break the way into several milestones and make it easier to achieve big ones?

When I was practicing my demo accounts, it seemed me that trading is not that difficult. But when it comes to real trading I felt that I was in a mental pressure and fear of losing my hard earned money. I think this is the biggest difference in reality and expectations in my case.