..experienced traders

It’s psychological - Either Van Tharp, or Elder (can’t remember which) had a client who was findng the same ceiling issues (with real money .) - You need to identify the problem - why exactly does your subcnscious feel thet you should not be rich …?

Only then can you cure it - Or is it just that you are scared to risk real money and this is a mechanism to avoid the neccessity to trade for real .?

I don’t know - but you need to find out what the real issue is … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely agree its about psychological. I believe it is the hardest to learn in trading.

Your post was indeed lengthy, but I read it all. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

It was Elder.

I highly recommend both him and Douglas. Elder for newer traders, because he spends a lot of time on indicators, risk management and trading systems, which will be most useful to new traders. Douglas is all about the psychology, making him better suited to more experienced traders. He feels more ‘new age’ than Elder, but I felt the issues he addressed were closer to my own issues than what Elder was focusing on.

It’s early days, but I really feel they helped me bring my trading up a level.

1 Like

@Prosperlex
@Falstaff
I agree with Falstaff
it’s very likely it’s psychological , the mind is a funny thing and a beautiful thing and a really interesting thing.

this is why i said TEST YOURSELF and then FIND REASONS to why things are happening.
now, those things could be , you are not managing things correctly
or you are scared or something else psychologically

Bottom line is , the subconscious mind controls the conscious mind

if you want to look into this
Research NLP and NAC (Neuro Linguistic Programming) (Neuro Associative Conditioning)
also catch Anthony Robbins you tube video’s about eating Healthy, PH Levels in your body and how they affect your emotional state

he also discusses the NAC thing in his series called Personal Power II
I’m not marketing him here. for the record

I’ve seen his seminars
I’ve got all his video’s and Tapes
i’ve got the book UNSHAKEABLE, it’s a good read, but i think money master the game is better.

but I’M JUST SAYING
the lesson’s on “Learning to push your own buttons” as he calls it… is very beneficial and it looks like it may apply in your situation

if you don’t want to do that
talk to a doctor about it
or
Talk to a psychologist about it
seriously… for the sake of improving your trading… why not ?

there are also courses (At least here in Australia) on things like Personal Coaching or Life Coaching that incorporate NLP
the one’s i’m referring to (that a friend of mine completed and said that he loved) was like $1,100
you get a diploma at the end , or a Cert 3 depending on which one you choose
and after it , you get to be an N.L.P. Practitioner

i think Falstaff is correct
your problem likely is psychological
there is no question as to whether forex is a scary place

or you could just watch that episode of mythbusters hehe where grant had to face his fears and had several tarantula’s walking all over his face while his head was in a glass jar

Maybe you should put your head in a glass jar with spiders in it to help your trading. … NO NO NO… Just kidding hehe

I think this is a valid excercise in your position - an interesting question, Is it the percentage or the absolute $7500 which is the problem ?

NLP as @anon81929759 says is a valuable attempt at a curative, bypassing the “why” and just going to “the cure” - and all the self help books from the first one “Think and Grow Rich” attempt to change your thinking in this way.

My own recomends for “Understanding” - if you want to go there would start with the “Parent, Adult, Child” relationship as expounded by Eric Berne in “Games People Play” and some of his later stuff - see how the “Child” (subconscious) rules the “Parent” and the “Adult” ! (And learn what the agendas of some of the people around you in everyday life is too :astonished: )

My wife is in childcare and is experienced in child psychology

i agree with all of what @Falstaff said

i especially agree with this… Good Point

Thank you so much for this @PanchoVilla84

@Drekieyja
@phenomclub
@Wara_arif

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I am a mid level traders I guess, not that much experienced I have. But I must agree that knowledge, expertise and experience all three in a combination can great for making trading journey smooth and effective. So I think each mistakes we made or each the profitable trade we made is a great lesson, of course the mistake that I made earlier won’t be repeated again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I took your advice and started trading with around .3 to .6 lots and I’ve broke that 7000 barrier… now I’m trying to break that 10,000 barrier… basically I was def putting way too much risk despite how aggressively I trade … I been killing gbpjpy today upndown… gotta love forex! But yes, thank you appreciate it brotha! @anon81929759

1 Like

You’re welcome… good to hear

waaaw, @anon81929759 this so helpful, its so educative. as i was reading, it was touching all of what have been happening to me. Thank you so much

waoh. really helpful. tnx bro

@Protase
good to hear
glad i could help you mate.

@Chuddiee
Not a problem mate, i’m glad i could help

Good stuff on the forum

I am a Newbie trader just out of the womb. I haven’t even completed School of Pipsology yet. But this topic has been one of the best ones I’ve experienced so far. As I begin my Forex journey I will continually refer back to this topic to keep my head level when I feel I don’t know what I’m doing (which will probably be often). Thank you to all of the experienced traders who remember what it was like being new and trying to impart some wisdom to us newbies. @anon81929759 @Falstaff @3Bar Thank you very much.

@kwanbrown1
You’re Welcome mate
and… thanks for the laugh hehe (Fresh out of the womb huh )

everything changed when I realized that the market moves in cycles which are countable and measurable