FCA bans all binary options permanently

I should hope so. Unfortunately, scammers don’t really care whether binary options are banned or not as they are already comitting a crime. :frowning:

Personally I like Binary Options - I hope this ban only applies to UK brokers though, as I’m actively trading them with an Aussie broker.
Bit frustrating to say the least though.

1 Like

Good news.

I agree. They are still widely available on many brokerages. Sad. :frowning:

1 Like

One has to be very careful when picking a broker in order to avoid bucketshops. Always choose a well-regulated company.

Things like that couldn’t go on indefinitely. There is so much shady things going on in stocks, options, forex and crypty and various bizopps, that such government actions are only a matter of time really. Thanks to the god I am not located in the UK and didn’t affected by that.

A question for the moderators.

If binary options are banned across the major markets (UK, EU, US, Japan, Australia, Canada, etc), can we expect the binary options section and threads on BabyPips to be closed?

2 Likes

I am not sure why people fall in this.

The risk reward ratio in binary options is the worst!

I was wondering about that too.
Personally I hope that it won’t be, the Asian market is massive and binary options are legal in most jurisdictions there, as far as I know. There are a lot of English-speaking Asian traders who can and do find their way here, they may want to discuss the issues related to binary options too.

Still not banned in the US. I’m seeing Nadex ads on this site. I suppose when it’s banned in the US too being that this site is based in the US. Wouldn’t make sense for them to keep that section up.

I find it so strange that Forex seems to be more heavily regulated than binary options in the US? Or is that a wrong impression?

I think that this is going to be permanent ban. I don’t have nothing against binary options trading, but indeed, they tend to be very risky. It is not at all easy to make right decision when to buy option and let along that there are not so much risk management tools which can be applied

Well, they claim it’s a permanent ban, but nothing is stopping them from changing their minds down the road.

Same in Europe!

1 Like

True, but I am not sure ESMA will change its mind any time soon.

Hey eddieb,

That’ sounds like a reasonable assumption. But given the status of some of the bans as mentioned by others (the ESMA extended their ban only until Jun 2019), and the fact that binary options trading is still allowed in the US, it makes since to keep the section open.

Perhaps even if a complete ban comes down the line, globally, we’ll just make the section read-only with disclaimers that this form of trading is no longer legal or allowed in certain markets.

So currently, we’re taking a wait and see approach.

Thanks!

1 Like

The FCA just made its decision to restrict leverage for CFDs and CFD-like instruments permanent. The only instrument you can trade with leverage above 1:30 is government bonds of all things.

2 Likes

YES!!! Sanity prevails!!! For once anyway.

1 Like

Are you referring to the government bonds leverage?

What is going on with these regulators lately? I have seen similar actions not only from FCA but also from EU and Canada. What has happened with concept of free market and why would some assets be forbidden to trade?