Feedback for Forums Redesign Sep 2018

The redesign has been released! Sweet!

Please share your feedback with us and let us know how we’re doing. Good or bad, let us know how you feel about the redesign, the new features, what you like, what you don’t like - we really appreciate it!

So use this thread to voice your questions, concerns and feedback, but please make it constructive.

Thanks!

6 Likes

This may be an unbiased opinion, but I love it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, front page is way more manageable.

This thread is already well down but yet it was easy to see and find.

Job well done imo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m pretty late to this (was away and then in the back to school mayhem (the kids, not me) but FWIW: I think the redesign is a vast improvement, has really helped with my issues surrounding navigation (sorry if I was a moaner, previously). The large ‘Categories’ button has basically fixed my primary hesitation, I just start from there every time, now, it has given the place much more of the feel it used to have, I feel more grounded and less adrift at sea. Personally, I would have it so that when clicking on the three horizontal lines to the left of our Avatar at the top left of the screen, the top button to appear would be ‘Categories’, above the lists of latest posts, newest posts etc. But that’s a minor thing - I love the newest iteration of the new look, it has made the whole place make much more sense to me, and feels much more familiar to me, given I have been here a few years.

So thank you very much, am delighted with it.

ST

2 Likes

Well here I am to bitterly complain about two things.

1. I hate the fonts, and I don’t believe I have mentioned this before, so there you are.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2. This thing that pops up on the right side, man I feel like I am in grade school, it doesn’t stop me from doing anything , I just don’t like the way it is worded, it rubs me the wrong way. Here is a quote.

Consider replying to several posts at once
Rather than several replies to a topic in a row, please consider a single reply that includes quotes from previous posts or @name references.

You can edit your previous reply to add a quote by highlighting text and selecting the quote reply button that appears.

It’s easier for everyone to read topics that have fewer in-depth replies versus lots of small, individual replies

Arrrrrrgh, it gives me the Willies.

The Ever Hating The Willies VIPER

Please ignore Jason, he is not reliable.

Vipe - how come I cannot see those thingymejigs?

Anyways, here’s a different willie :slight_smile:

Here’s a suggestion

And here’s an Atta-Boy!

1 Like

You are most welcome! Thanks for pointing that out, Clint!

In the Community Guidelines I came across the following…

…Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic.

How do you do this?