Feeling guilty on missing a trade

This has to do something with your wrong time and money management, I think. I know that trading positions as 24/7 business, but you need clearly see your goal and how much time per day or per week you should spend on it. This simple thing will help you to avoid the anxiety.

great advice here mate, i find working out & boxing a great way to keep the mindset in focus, i do some meditation after boxing helps zone me in too

1 Like

Thatā€™s something I must add to my own down time list mate !
Yoga and meditation in general great way to relax a traders already overly stimulated mind :ok_hand:

couldnā€™t agree more! whenever i feel anxious, they are my first options. and not just saying. meditating really helps me to calm down and start again fresh.

To leave the feeling of guilt is to accept that things are as they are and that each person gives the best response that can to each situation. Not being right before a problem does not imply that you have to feel guilty about it, because that ā€œerrorā€ becomes an aid to learn. Learn to improve your strategy for example.

Used to happen with me a lot when i first started trading, but eventually i realised there are plenty of other opportunities around, should not hold on to the one i missed rather find the next one. thatā€™s how i got hold over my guilt feeling.

1 Like

If you risk only 2%, then you earn nothing. In addition, you monitor the market, wait a long time and patiently, and when you finally see the desired pattern, use little money to implement it. Is it right?

I think a trader should not torture oneself over missing a trade. Much as aggressiveness is very important for the success of any trader it is also critical for a trader to know his limits. Sometimes you should just watch the market from the sidelines

Though it hurts bad for missing a profitable trade, but one must be grateful that there were many missing losing trades as well. But I hear ya, books are good, there are popular books like Mark Douglasā€™ ā€œTrading in the Zoneā€ or ā€œThe Art of Thinking Clearly_ā€. Sometimes these alone canā€™t help, it takes your stable mind to slap your irresponsible attitude. :slight_smile:
Youā€™ll get there.

1 Like

There are so many opportunities for trading, since the market never stops. Instead of regretting over a missed trade, it is important to sit back and analyse the market. Most traders are more concerned

Missing a trade is not the end of the world. I think what is very important here is not only to know when to trade, but also when not to trade. Overtrading the market is one of the reasons that can make a trader feel very bad for missing a trade. Overcome greed to be able to control your thirst

2 Likes

You can find a thread about your problem in this forum. might be able to resolve your issue.

the market will always be there , chill :slight_smile:

worst feeling ever !!

1 Like

guys, the struggle on top of this is that trading can be LONELY and CREEPY! I am not saying I want some cuddles while looking at the charts, but man I need to explode some of my feelings and NO ONE around gets it. Having said that, you are all my victims whether you care or not (probably not) ā€“ I still donā€™t care and I will continue to vent ā€¦ xD

1 Like

one hundred percent agree here. you do have to lose sometimes in order to win; to learn from mistakes, and because there have to be losers to have winners.
Worst case scenario, go back to a demo and practice before placing the live trades :slight_smile:

You should never feel guilty about ā€˜missing a tradeā€™ unless you are in a mindset of scarcity. There are so many opportunities in the FX markets that you should focus on abundance. Take the positive that your analysis picked a winning trade, analyse why you didnt take the trade (maybe you were away from the charts, maybe you hesitated, maybe you exited the trade early)!

There are a lot of opportunities that will come your way in forex. Never be guilty on missing a trade. I know this is a part of trading, canā€™t skip that but stay calm and focus on catching the other ones.

Thatā€™s true. Thereā€™s always a new opportunity for you in the market. How could anyone regret that more than a lose trade?

Donā€™t feel guilty and learn from your mistakes. I donā€™t prefer to read such trading books but i believe in analyzing, learning from mistakes which will help you to sustain well in forex.

1 Like