Fib Retracement Trading

that indicator is calculated off the # of candles in some fashion IIRC, so i’m assuming the time chart would have more candles, thus the pullback would be divided up over a larger denominator, making the indicator appear not to be such a large pullback, whereas the tick chart probably had less candles and thus, the pullback showed up larger on the tick chart stochastics.

ok im going over some of my losing trades and it seems had i indeed put my stops at the 100% level i would have eventually been in the black but this is only after a few days. So how long should i consider having these positions open in future? Do you still only target the 23% level ?

Theres a reason why I say to put stops at the 100% level. :wink: There is a method to my madness! It makes you more money!

I keep the positions open until I get my target or I stop out. Binary outcomes. Time isn’t important. I only target the 23.6% on Deep pullbacks, -10% on shallows.

This is a deep pull back i took on monday. I just closed it today, i entered in at the 78.6 fib level then closed at the 23.6 fib level. I was nearly stopped out on wednesday due to the BoC surprise 50bp rate cut.

Good job kagein.

VERY nice trade Kagein. Your seeing the whole picture these days and you’ve made very impressive progress!!!

It gone all quite around here, should i assume everyone is trading successfully :slight_smile:

Have you guys found anything to trade over the past 4-5 days? These huge moves just ran away, no pullbacks to enter on. I’ve been sitting on my hands here. I also am starting to trade the S&P500 e-mini again this week.

That, and i’m getting my ass handed to me on an AUDUSD short right now… I think I made a bad decision.

Yeah, I’m sitting on the sidelines too. Other than my little eur/usd trade that made me a little money today.

Yeah, not many retracements this week. i have placed no live trades so far. On the other other hand the s&r method im demo’ing is doing quite well.

Today has been a great day. 104 pips profit!! No losses! I’m taking the rest of the day off!

Hope everyone’s trades is going their way!

NOICE!!! Post up your chart setup if you get a chance!

I just went short in the EURJPY from 158.71 on the 4H chart. Essentially entered at the 87% level, targeting the 23.6 level. Technically it made a lower low, lots of consolidation at the 87% and the price is at a nice discount. A good risk:reward ratio always makes things tasty.

Sitting up +43 on it as we speak but its far from over and its far from a risk free trade.

I got HAMMERED on an AUDUSD short yesterday for a -63 pip loss because I violated one of my key rules. I don’t think i’ve illustrated this point to you guys, just mentioned it in a few pms amoungst us fellow fib traders so i’ll try and add that to here.

Haven’t been posting much because, well, there hasn’t been anything to add. The method is what it is!

Today I used fibs and s/r lines. I played eur/usd and usd/jpy also. Took alot of pips in those as well. I’ll post the eur/jpy trades. I realize I left ALOT of money on the table but I am happy with my wins today. Mostly because I had no losses. Thats always a good thing. I was watching the last eur/jpy trade, was about to close it out for a loss and seen that a bottom was forming so I left it open.

Well, I didn’t take the day off. I took two more trades:D . Gotta love the retracements. The second was just a counter trend I played. I just knew it was going to go back up…just didn’t know how far so I closed it out too.

I didn’t post the grids I had drawn but you can clearly see the pullbacks I played.

Trade well!

nice trades :smiley:

Eurjpy short sitting at +143 currently… still got some more work for it to do for me overnight before i’ll be a happy camper! :wink:

Guys, I just had to share this… so that eurjpy trade… I just closed it out for 233 PIPS!!! That is the biggest fx trade i’ve ever made. I’m stoked!!!

Entry was at 158.71, exit at 156.43… the rest is history!

Cheers folks!

I had opened a short on that pair a couple of days ago (according to the OzFx entry signal) and didn’t put a stop loss. Had been sooo tempted to close it at a huge loss, but since it was only a demo, decided to let it run to see what would happen. I too was ecstatic to see it come back and finally closed it out at a profit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I was also watching the news reports and they seemed to suggest it would, and also drew several fib grids to relieve my demo anxiety, all which factored favourably in to my decision to wait. :slight_smile:

Very nice trade daedalus! Seems this pair is everyone’s fav. for the moment.

I have done the same repeatedly with disastrous results. Still waiting for E/U to come down to 154 level and getting killed with interest. I don’t recommend it.
S.