Finding successful forex strategy

WoooHoooo, the monitors almost got a spritz of coffee.

The Ever Drinking Coffee VIPER

1 Like

A Unicorn fantasy? That’s a good name for the website i’m launching next year, which will show you that Unicorns exist.

[quote=“FOREXunlimited, post:48, topic:104433”]
To me, the idea/concept of the ‘retail daytrader’ is nothing more than a unicorn fantasy.There are a few that exist out there, but the majority fold when asked to show proof of their trading history for > 3 months.[/quote]

A few known only to you? or in the general forum domain. If it’s the latter, then i would tend to agree. But how about those who don’t, or no longer participate in the forum space & operate completely off the radar of public scrutiny?

Very very few genuinely successful practitioners strut around financial forums flapping their jaws all day long. In fact they would be extremely reluctant to go into any amount of detail of how they operate.

Peep into the data of any (retail) brokerage however, filter & spotlight the specific information of interest & you might alter your views regarding that conjecture.

Sure- here’s your “peep” into the data that interests me the most:

What about the data from the active UK, European & Australasian brokers that show it’s a little more than the few you claim that exists out there over a significantly longer period of time than a 4 year old data capture.

Also their client base, although large, predominantly attracted punters with virtually no experience & lemonade pockets. The vast majority of them were under water (over the long term) whether they punted short, medium or long term views.

The vast majority of them were under water (over the long term) whether they punted short, medium or long term views.

–This is my point. I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you’re trying to claim?

A Unicorn fantasy? That’s a good name for the website i’m launching next year, which will show you that Unicorns exist.

Why do I need to wait a year again?

[quote=“FOREXunlimited, post:54, topic:104433”] I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you’re trying to claim?
[/quote]
I’m not trying to claim anything. I’m simply replying to your vague comment referencing maybe only “a few” day traders existing out there in unicorn fantasy land whilst basing it on one lemonade pocket bucket shop firm highlighting 4 year old data.

They haven’t been the only shop out there accommodating retail punters down through the years.

I & other colleagues who occasionally pop in & out of here have been involved with a variety of UK, US, European & Australasian brokerage shops spanning 26 years & we’ve seen (& in some instances compiled) the stats, ratios & activity levels regarding the different participation time spans, & can assure you there are far more than merely “a few” successful day trading punters plying their wares out there on a regular basis, as there has been for many years across the product spectrum (including fx).

1 Like

Got it- may you share your data for review? Would be interested in seeing it.

[quote=“FOREXunlimited, post:57, topic:104433, full:true”]Got it- may you share your data for review?
[/quote]

If it’s not already accessible via public download through the individual broker outlet, then no. Some of them occasionally publish snippets of activity information when referencing similar themed content, but it’s neither common practice nor knowledge.

Most of the highly visible shops (including the long established spread bet firms) have only recently begun publishing their product specific positional weightings on a minute-by-minute basis, data which was only previously available in-house & to higher end a-book punters.

A lot of dealers & a-bookers weren’t happy about making the weightings data available for public use in the first place, but their fears have been somewhat allayed due to the fact the majority of punters are still ignoring the obvious & carrying on regardless. So it’ll be a wee while before they’re dragged kicking & screaming into divulging any more in-house data stats.

Ok. Sounds about right. I’ll be awaiting that day.

There are many strategies that are needed to be learnt, if you wanna become an expert trader. You cannot rely on a single strategy.

Dear whack ,
using too many trading strategies cannot right decision. This can make you at random when using practically. If you want to get maximal result , just focus single trading strategy and of course with great money management.

it’s great that you are searching for a strategy instead of a prediction method.

Prediction can be great when it comes to a professional trader , basically some senior traders can predci the real faction of this market with certainly by their long time experience.

Prediction may work for one or two trades but you cannot rely on it totally, you need to learn how to analyze the market, and use various analysis to trade with Forex. That could yield you more income.

Searching for and trying different strategies is fine but at the end of the day I believe each trader has to develop his own system.

I also believe experienced traders dont make predictions. A trade shouldnt be a prediction, it should be a well calculated attempt to take advantage of a low risk opportunity that presents itself.

1 Like

That changed my mind a little, the way you pen it down that it shouldn’t be a prediction.

Im glad I was able to be of some assistance.

I wish you success and many pips.

Good luck and happy trading to you.

huh :confused:, just don’t tell people.