First margin call. Need help

Exactly.
I dont have to much faith in them either, but if you are going to use them you need to use other indications in conjunction with them.
I wonder has anyone been using PSAR together with RSI ?
I believe the PSAR is one of the more under rated indicators out there.

I would also add, 200 pips to reach a margin call means your risk is way too high, you should be looking to reduce your lot size to where a minimum of 1000 pips loss = margin call.
A lot of traders would even consider that too high a risk but its a lot more reasonable than 200.

Thread dredgery afoot…

Nothing like current replies to an almost 2 year old post.

As for the PSAR, not a big fan here. Of course that is immaterial. It just seems to fail miserably in any sort of consolidation.

yes it does but I was wondering more about its potential use as a trend vs consolidation indicator … your right about the dredgery too I hadnt noticed how old this one was until you mentioned that

Hi there
I know this is a little off topic but I am desperate to get a pro view on margin call versus risk in my situation
I have a robot that takes profit at 40 pips and stop loss at 40 pips
I am trading GPBUSD with a $10K AUD a/c
The suggested risk is 2% or say .2 lot
I have been trading on a $10K demo using .5 and 1 lot but don’t get to see the trades in action so can’t tell whether the margin call is tight or not
I am with GO MARKETS in Australia
Can anyone tell me what the scenario’s would be when the stop loss 40 pips is hit on these types of lot sizes (.2,.5,1 lot)?
I am only placing one trade at a time
Many thanks
Geoff