Follow my journey, growing my USD 2,339 account - Current P/L: [+5.84%]

It looked like it was going to reverse because the price had already bounced off that dynamic area 3 times prior (photo below). When I looked down on the 4hr chart there was a strong bull pin bar while also oversold in RSI. That was my trigger and I took it - it worked.

I understand risk management, but tight stop losses don’t work for me. I prefer to use a 300-500 pip stop loss, risking 5-10%… that’s just what works for me.

It has worked wonders for me since I made those tweaks so I want to continue experimenting using that method.

ur strategy is ok mate, the biggest issue u have and u ll have is ur risk tolerence. with such a wide stoploss, u must either have a 90% plus winrate so ur winners outweight ur losers, or, a way bigger account then 2 or 3 k euros to be able to risk that much per trade and still survive. u have guts, i ll give u that, i d never risk so much lol, anyways, i hope i m wrong, but think about it in this way, if u enter around support or resistance areas, why the heck u need such a big stop? just set ur stop where u think the trade is no longer valid if it reaches that certain point, and that s it. i get that u wanna give it room, and it s ok, but for ur account i personally think it s just 2 much room, anyways, it s just my opinion, doesn t mean i m right

1 Like

my initial stop was 18 pips, mind u that s the 1 hr tf, i set the stop where i think the long is no longer valid if price goes against me. then i just trail the stop or set break even etc
if price goes against u, depending on the tf u trade ofc, will break some areas of support resist along the way, at a certain point, u shouldn t hope that will finally go ur way and pull back… that s gonna kill u if u trade with that impression, cut losses faster and trail ur winners

Mate absolutely, and I really appreciate your feedback. I know that my strategy is far from perfect and understand it never will be.

I agree regarding your point with support and resistance but, they have proved me wrong so many times. We both know they’re not gospel and price sometimes travels to higher or lower levels and then finally reverses into the pattern I anticipated but, by then I’m stopped out kicking myself haha.

You’re clearly a much better trader than me with very good entries (looking at the picture you’ve attached) - nice trade man!

i m the best trader I KNOW lol. and i say that cos i have to be to keep the confidence and be sure of my analyses and not second guess myself. not better then u! ur strategy is ok mate, u just need to work on risk reward ratio and timing ur entries,rsi is lagging, using price action is the way to go. i wouldn t trade of daily or 4hrly with 2k in my account, or have such stops, not cos i m smarter or better, just i wouldn t feel comfortable to risk that much. try and set for every trade u take a risk %. that s what u should care about. cos for example if u have 10 trades, 5 are losing trades and 5 winning, then u broke even( and that s just a coin toss). but if u can have 6 winners and 4 lossers, like 60% accuracy u ll start to see progress way faster then u doing right now imo. i m just sharing my thoughts here hoping might help u, don t wanna sound condescending or anything, i was right in the spot where u are now, second guessing what s best and how to deal and cope with risk vs reward. u can have a crappy strategy, and still be profitable, it s all in the risk vs reward mindset and plan. anyways, keep up the good work and don t let bleeders kill u

thanks man, come back next week, I might be crying with no money haha

Wish you the best from the rest of the week dude, keep me posted on what you’re up to!

1 Like

another trade i m in, where was my innitial stop around 40 pips, and where is it now, and i let it run.u also could have certain points to take profit along the way, meaning taking half or a 3rd of the trade off the table when in profit. there are ways to go about it.

Quality mate - smashed it!

The EUR has been kind this week!

this is how it looks without heikinashi candles which i use cos makes the chart cleaner and smoother, but i m still trading off levels and waves, in this case my stop was 40 pips right bellow support few pips accounting for the spread and a possible stop hunting which brokers often do, but still 40 pips is 40 pips not 300. anyways hope this helps u, just try and let me know how it goes, cheers

Thanks for your help mate, I will do.

forgot to say, don t trade during the news events lol. unless u really know what u doing and ur good with fundamentals. ussually that s when market makers hunt stops. and as a rule lol, u buy on bad news and sell on good news lol. don t know if u ve noticed but often when news are bad for a certain currency, price goes up and viceversa… that s the stop hunting and pre/positioning of large operators, so stay away lol

Nice this is rare case when I agree with technical analysis. Gold has very good chances to continue rally because of strong fundamental reasons, I’m talking about worsening outlook for the US economy and respective demand for safe heavens. It’s not a one-day or one-week long sentiments they will stay considerably longer because we are heading to downward leg of economic cycle.

1 Like

Update on Goldspot. The consolidation channel looks to be forming.

Hi all,

As BabyPips has kindly mentioned this journal in their email shoutout, I thought it would be best I upload my transaction report again to show my +5.84% gain since opening this topic.

You’ll see that I have also personally deposited a further USD 1,500.36 into my trading account yesterday.

Still hunting my drawdown, USD -386.79 to go…

I’m trying to be as transparent as possible here, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
APCity

1 Like

Hi mate…
I only saw the first prints about your trades and I think you’re doing wrong the tp and sl…
Why you do the Stoploss so long and tps so short?
Did you see the correlation about your tps and sl?

Yes we have to cut losses short and keep profits as long as possible. Most of us fail at this step because of psychological constraints (low tolerance of losses or overconfidence in your trading approach).

I congratulate you on your success. However, keep in mind that this might only be temporarily. You should be more focused on your previous lose deals instead of yachts and cocktails. See what you have exactly done wrong previously and try to improve it

Hi Cariar,

Thanks for checking out this feed. I agree with your points. Therefore, reviewing the reasons for my drawdown has been my priority.

Declaring my expensive taste in women, cocktails and watches is just satire, to keep things light-hearted.

I hope you have a profitable week.

Cheers,
APCity

Hey guys,

I’ve been a bad person this week. I cheated on my strategy by going against the monthly trend like a fool. These are my current positions.

I could not have got these positions more wrong but hey, this is trading. I know I’m likely to receive messages stating my R/R ratio is up sh*t creek and that I’m doing it ALL wrong. Just sit back and relax, it’s not your account so don’t worry about, just learn from it.

Let’s see if any of these positions recover. EUR/AUD was miles away at one point but found its way back. Interesting week!

Cheers,
APCity

1 Like

Since these trades weren’t part of your system, may I ask what was the reason for entering them? No judgment here, just curious.

I think your EUR positions do have a chance; less optimistic about your CHF positions.