Following crude oil, NIKKEI, SPX500, DJ, CHINA, ASX200 etc

Anyone know of (preferably free) live charting options for watching equity futures + oil with MT4? Having difficulty locating decent web-based ones by google

Also just to clarify its the futures we should be looking at not the actual indicies right? Any tips on their behaviour at all?

Thanks

Try this:

Commodity Futures and Forex Trading Charts

Here’s another link that might be of use:

futuresource.com | Futures & Commodities Charts - Real-Time Charts, Free Charts

What instruments do you want to trade…?

Ty for the suggestions, found ODL’s MT4 platform from Joce on the TA thread to be a huge relief

What instruments do you want to trade…?

Currently trading G/U, E/U, A/U and occasionally G/Y - trying to get bearings on the fundamentals of currency movement based on equity markets and commodities to help gauge the directional bias if any and entry to risk:reward distances. Based on the advice I’ve been getting/reading around - and a fair share of bad experiences - it seems like getting familiar with a pair and avoiding news isn’t nearly enough, or at least it would be complemented greatly by coming to terms with understanding the operation of responsible markets

So far I’ve only managed to learn the hard way that a market open and close can hit as hard as a news report lol. Coulda sworn when I first started out that most of the beginner material I went through only mentioned that while equity markets were open = good volume

If you want a web based chart, NetDania has a decent free one through their website and it has LOTS of instruments such as indices, metals, futures, weird currency cross rates, etc NetDania - FinanceChart - Application - Live forex charts, real-time forex charts, live currency charts . I just found this one today myself while looking for a spot gold chart.

E/U & A/U correlates with Gold.

The correlation with Gold has been tricky to say the least in the past six month because of the Bullion Banks capping. But that is about to change [B]if[/B] Gold breaks out.

Generally speaking it is a good idea to keep an eye on volume. Shifts in volume are a very reliable as an idicator of the direction involved pairs are likely to take. They will move either leading or lagging according to volume movements. I use the CCI and weekly COT reports to keep track on volumes. Once you start keeping an eye on it you’ll notice that there are specific cycles expressed in time of the day and day of the month when these volume shifts occur that drive price action of involved instuments.

Sometimes a G8 intervention is messing it up.

I don’t use volume tracking and correlation for short time trades. Minimum is one week…sometimes one month…sometimes even longer. I found it unsuitable for trades lasting less than five days.

Hmmm, a gold thread would be fun :smiley:

Thanks cas and co., bit of a bump but I just realised I forgot to read up the remaining replies some 9 months ago. Wish I did, I’ve spent countless pips chasing gold price s&p dj30 and uk futures around the block on a split second scale thinking they were reliable leading indicators during those cop-out break away from the system random scalping sessions. I had a feeling I was doing something wrong…(apart from the revenge trading).

Not sure if this is going to help anyone but I might as well mention that anyone as crazy as I was scalping GBPUSD by chasing gold around it can work - until someone big starts playing with EURGBP. Wondering why a dive in gold suddenly decided to mean an increase in GBPUSD when it was ‘working’ fine for the past few hours, I haven’t been so surprised since I made my first >5 pip trade