Football (Soccer) is Rigged!

I’m not sure how you’ve ended up on a trading forum if your basic maths isn’t up to scratch.

Why would Barca lose on purpose to save £5M when they could just win the Champions League.

Finalists get £12.9M for reaching the final and the winners get an additional £3.5M - yet by your logic you think its easier to lose and save £5M.

Hope your trading isn’t like this.

1 Like

The Bonus for winning goes to the players, not the club, so the club would still pay and lose the 5 Million. Besides, they could have been bribed even more to help Liverpool win

The really big clubs, like Barcelona, have clauses in their sponsorship contracts whereby they receive additional sponsors fees if they win major competitions such as the Champions League.
£5m is nothing in modern football terms.

Bayern Munich just signed a sponsorship deal with Audi for $1bn. Yup, billion, over 10 years, I think. Crazy money. Mercedes was trying to replace them, but couldn’t/wouldn’t offer more.

It is ridiculous to think lower table teams can compete with this level of money coming in. And Bayern has been at the top of the food chain since forever. So they been realizing the benefits of such deals for many many years whereas others haven’t even for one year.

I have a video here that shows how Football is Rigged ! So I knew it all along.

And here is a documentary:

All sports are rigged and Soccer is the worst.
It’s the biggest sport in the world…it could be rigged on a local team suburbs level or a high team level. It’s a business, run by people who want money, they knew there was money to be made in the sports entertainment industry. They don’t care about you, they don’t care about the teams, they care about money. I bet on sports all the time and it’s amazing how world famous teams get beaten by nobody unknown teams all the time…How?? How do the worlds best professionals get beaten by random nobodies, yet in sports it happens all the time.

there always been allegations of match rigging this in the UK let alone other parts of the globe ,though why on earth would they rig the biggest games in world club football when under the scrutiny of the global media. English teams happened to meet each other in both finals because in earlier rounds they have to be avoided. As for Barca losing at Anfiled (liverpool) its the most difficult venue in world club football to get result in recent years, there was something special in the atmosphere that night .

yes it possible cos in football a team can have 78 % possession have 20 shots on goal hit the woodwork 3 times and still not score then the underdogs have one shot on target and win. That why bookmakers love football punters

A lot of sports are rigged, that’s why I mostly just watch for the show than anything else.

It’s Metalwork, Not woodwork. It’s made of metal.

lol in the UK we call it woodwork but hey we quirky to the rest of the world

Never heard metalwork. What’s that? :joy:

Might be the worst, but I don’t believe the top tier teams and leagues are susceptible to this. Too much money involved in needing to win for those teams and players.

I like to think of myself as a Liverpool fan. Probably only because … I was 10 years when Hillsborough happened Live on TV.

I’ve watched the Rooney goal that the O.P mentions. However, in my view, there is not enough evidence to doubt the instinct and intelligence of Wayne Rooney as an attacker on this one.

Still, the 4 - 0 Remontada of Liverpool vs Barcelona… No. To this day, I do not buy it.

I believe that there might have been a time when sponsors like Adidas, Nike, Puma(?) called the shots on what individual players could and could not do. By now, I’m pretty sure that’s a thing of the past.

Aren’t we hearing of betting markets being worth trillions of dollars nowadays?
Where does the most money for any game that’s being played in the middle of a raging pandemic in front of an empty stadium come from… if not from thousands of people betting $5 on a multi-fold bet where the carrot nearly gets detached from the stick… until Bilbao puts 4 past Betis for a clean sheet where the latter enjoyed most of the possession, and a significantly superior passing accuracy, while only managing one shot on target somehow… and most significantly, 0 card shown for 24 fouls!

I’m pretty sure that nowadays, the bookies call the shots. From how many cards, corners, throw-ins, free-kicks, goal-kicks, goals, to half-time/full-time exoticism, first player booked, player to be booked…

Every ‘market’ that a bookie offers is a line where they’ve made sure they have a way of turning a profit. Otherwise, they’d simply not offer it. If we see a lot of games where bet365 offers ‘Red card in match’ in Spain and Italy, but not in Germany… that’s because bet365 has made sure that they have a way of calling for a red card or not … in a timely fashion, contrary to what the ‘Bigger Fool’ market has told bet365 they believe will happen.

The joke has always been on the punters. Is it at all a coincidence that the first two Champions League games of the day end 5 solid minutes clear of the start of all the rest? Or does that give to punters the illusion that they have enough ‘thinking’ time to book their next multi-fold bet of the day?

1 Like

This very day… Chelsea surprisingly lose to Brentford at Stamford Bridge! 1 - 4.

When you look at the table, you realize that Chelsea has no chance of catching the Top 2, of course.
And their immediate challenger, Arsenal, even if they win their next game, they’ll still be 5 points behind.
Chelsea has a major financial crisis on hand, and they’re, I believe, wooing American investors at the moment, or something like that.

So, you wonder, American investors go where the money is, and the money, the league, everything, is in the bookies’ hands. That’s how empty stadiums still made money when games were played during lockdowns.

You wonder, did Chelsea take a dive on this one because the timing saw that that was in their best interest, so as to convince the potential future owners that their bidding will be done? said future owners who would have potentially already ‘spoken’ to friends of friends of friends of bookies?

Ok… time for me to stop being paranoid.

Also, look at the 2022 World Cup draw in Qatar. Is it coincidence that the hosts Qatar got a relatively easy opponent for the opening game , which is Ecuador? And what about Brazil in the same group as Switzerland for the second time in a row, just like in the 2018 world cup?
If football wasn’t rigged, the bookies would be losing money. So the beautiful game is becoming just like WWE wrestling, which started off as real wrestling, then turned into acting. And those football players play acting and diving on every tackle has become commonplace. That’s why I stopped watching club football. I still watch international football including the world cup which has less rigging for the time being.

1 Like

In fact, I think the World Cup has just as much, if not more rigging.
I remember as far back as 1990, a game between Italy and some Eastern European country… well, no, Ireland in fact,
a shot from the edge of the box by Roberto Donadoni, on the goalkeeper’s right, sees him push the ball into Toto Schillachi’s waiting feet, and stumble all the way out of his goal post… to the right!! To The Right!!
Leaving an empty net for Schillachi to score.

youtube_.com/watch?v=QQnM9OcJ8tw

see @00:58

Now… today… Tottenham lose to Brighton. Most mind-numbingly boring snoozefest… until Brighton score at the 90th minute. I don’t need to have seen the game to know that it was rigged since Spurs won’t do better than Top 4, and a loss does not move them out of Top 4.

Addendum: and… oh… what a surprise! Their immediate chasers, Arsenal… also happened to lose to… Southampton.

Concerning you Italy goal, I saw the clip but it’s difficult to determine whether it was intentional by the goalkeeper. I think it looked to me to be just poor balance and footwork from the goalkeeper, furthermore unlikely to be intentional if Italy is winning by multiple goals anyway. And that was in 90, many years back when likely rigging wasn’t invented yet.

Aren’t a lot of sports rigged in some way? At least that the theory.

“And that was in 90, many years back when likely rigging wasn’t invented yet.”

Sigh… Look up those Youtube videos of ‘First Amendment Auditors’ Man. Try to spot the fake ones, like, the guy behind the camera… it’s buddies of his who are acting as cops, and they’ve probably got the permission from the county or something to avoid being charged with impersonating a police officer.

When you do, just consider whether it could be possible that in 1969, The USA were so ahead of their time in filmmaking that they might just have been able to indeed moon the world.

Then think again about whether in 1990 rigging was unlikely to have been invented.
Rigging is part of the game. That’s why trying to win at sports betting is akin to navigating the scariest asteroid field (in outer space).

Why on earth would they rig top notch football when the whole of the globe watching it.Having said that remembering when the 2002 world cup finals when the Asian team progressed instead of the likes of Italy that was a farce