Forex Courses

My advice to new traders is to delay spending time figuring out what training course you need. Instead, focus on identifying the questions you need to answer in order to trade profitably. So I mean find out what you need to learn before you let someone else decide for you.

When you have identified what you need to understand and the skills required to trade, research each topic - you might find good answers for free.

My guess is at the end of this process you won’t need to pay for a training course.

Pipsology. You’re already on babypips.

Pipsology is free and there’s over 300 lessons.

I doubt there are few sites offering that kind of package.

And once you’ve practiced trading a bit, you could review Pipsology again and you’ll understand everything differently.

Perhaps some books about trader psychology will be useful, but that would be it.

That’s my suggestion.

@dushimes
Great to see you are digging really deep. This thread is 14 years start to end. However, when I scrolled up to the top, I found a name that I forgot years ago. Jimmy Young. In my heyday back over a decade ago, I paid £300 for a 1 1/2 day presentation by Jimmy Young in London.

Six months prior to that I had just forked out over £2K to do the Greg Secker FTSE trading, and decided after some initial activity that “Forex seemed better”. I won’t bore you with the details, other than to say that now I have the name of the guru, I can search my archive to find his pearls of wisdom again.

What I particularly remember about Jimmy is that he maintained an insane amount of metadata about Forex performance over decades, and he used a probabilistic model based on weekly and daily true ranges - ATR(x) on which to base his zone of interest, entry criteria, trade management and trade exit points.

Despite this thread being 14 years old, I thank you for responding to it because I would have struggled otherwise to find that guy who I admired so much. This may be worth a read.

Edited: I found my Jimmy Young folder. Just two links in there to content, one of which is broken, the other describing Jimmy’s “Forex Climate” concept is here. It appears the links are still intact after 8 years.

http://www.forexclimate.com/tutorials.php

2 Likes

I agree.

However, this is only possible thru analyzing your losses.

And probably analyzing the winners also. See what you did wrong, and also see what you did right.

Once you see the pattern of your losses, you can see the gaps in your knowledge.