Forex Education - How long does it take?

May be not, because 3-4 months isn’t enough! You have to learn technical and fundamental analysis with details! You need to make the ability to read trading chart according to your knowledge ad experience, I seem it takes more than one year!

3 Likes

Thank you very much. @jseymour84. Appreciate for your response and I will definitely follow those steps. Thank you all, you guys are so much helpful. I am feeling very lucky.

1 Like

@jseymour84, oh my goodness. 2 years. I am now sure I am going exactly that way. Same thing I found that there is a lot of skills I need to learn to execute profitable trading. Now I am thinking why I did not start to learn 2-3 years ago. Why somebody did not tell me about forex trading and get myself in it. And trade setups, this is very much harder for me I found. I am telling you again because you tell the truth and its matching with my condition.

1 Like

Yes, it is. I can’t complete forex learning. It is not like school exam to pass and complete books. It seems I can only go with the flow or quit everything and seek for other business. Now I am little bit hesitating. I think I need encouragement and hope.

Anyone can learn to trade Forex. It’s not easy, but it is possible. Swing by my journal thread and read through the posts there and you will see some of the challenges that I face. The only way to guarantee failure is to quit.

One basic trade setup you can start with is to add a 10 period SMA and a 20 period SMA to your chart. When the 10 period crosses from under to above the 20 period then you have a buy signal as an uptrend is potentially coming. When the inverse happens, ie, the 20 period goes from below to above the 10 period, that would be a signal that a potential downtrend is coming.

Open a demo account and trade that on the 5 minute chart.

Also go through the School section here, lots of great info and it even has a basic trading strategy for you to follow in it.

8 Likes

Thank you jse for your nice post. I always prefer live account with small balance instead of demo , because newcomers don’t believe the importance of this trading place. Micro account + preschool level= better result as a newcomer.

I’m here from 2011, but till now I feel know nothing about Forex! Learning, it’s a continuous process! There is no ending point of it! So, there is no fixed answer for you but no doubt, it’s a long-long session.

How long does it take to learn chess?
You can learn the moves in a day. You can play a game in an hour or less.
How long does it take to get good at chess? You could spend your whole life playing in tournaments and fail to earn a title. You could start when you’re 5 and become a GM at 12.

How long does it take to learn music? How long does it take to learn medicine?

Hopefully you can see the gulf between ‘learning’ and mastery, and it depends on what you want to achieve, surely.

7 Likes

2011-2017 it’s really a big deal according to me , I admit there is no ending of learning . but you passed a long time which is really appropriate learn most powerful trading knowledge by learning.

1 Like

Yes, it’s all about 5-6 years and many ups and downs.

It’s okay. Kick off your trading life as like newcomers. Make sure good trading strategies and apply first in demo then use it in live account with money managing plan. Of course you will get maximal result.

It’s not a short time. you got long time to improve yourself by learning. can you elaborate your trading process ?

How long ? It takes as long as it takes - 95% NEVER make it.

This place is a far better resource than was available when I started, but on the other hand I’ve got probably £4,000 + in books on every conceivable subject from Gann to Elliott waves and from Fibonacci through the Delta phenomenon, which I can draw on at any time. The psychology has been addressed by Elder to an extent and Van Tharp to an extent, but all the “Experts” want you to pay them money (Good money) to come in to their “inner circle”.

My own favourite is the “Taylor trading technique” - a simple system - but I could never make it work.

I’m.now worried,but I don’t have to quit either,I just started 3weeks ago…Ooh my…what a long journey!!but is it worth it?

It will certainly take longer than 3 weeks. But you might take the view that the journey is also of value, not just the destination. Becoming a trader, or trying to to, will definitely teach you a great deal about yourself along the road.

Keep at it.

1 Like

Stick with it @weps22 - who knows - your attention span might be long enough, or you may discover your “edge” on lesson 2 of the school ! :slight_smile:

[Edit - start paper trading as soon as poss - that way lies teh emotions which you WILL feel and you can learn about them here. Really try to “get it right” on your paper trades and do NOT make excuses to yourself - “No I would have come out there” or "no I woud really have let it run.

WRite them down {Edit 2 - In real time}nd learn …! ] and learn from them ! -

1 Like

Thanks greatly my friend

Have you got success within very short time crys ? can you elaborate about your trading success ?

Sorry, I am not. You didn’t get my point exactly. I just wanted to make sure this time was enough to acquire minimum trading knowledge which can avoid losses. It’s my experience, please don’t take it personally.

Just make sure you’re practicing and learning as much as you can. Practice makes perfect. Sure, most people on here will tell you 5-10 years, but you can still learn how to make money from trading within a year if you choose to. You might not be able to replace your income within a year (not impossible…nothing is impossible), but you can definitely supplement your income, even if it’s you making just $50 to $100 a week, and just working your way up from there. It’s all about setting goals for yourself and telling yourself how much you want to make every week/month. One thing that also shortens the learning curve is knowing someone that’s already experienced in Forex. You can just learn from them, if they’re willing to teach you, and that definitely makes all the difference.

4 Likes