Forex Education - How long does it take?

I am glad that things going better now. Are you still trading on demo?

I will say no. I know people that have been trading the markets successfully and they haven’t learned whole of anything (any asset class)

I know successful traders that have developed for a couple of years or more and are now profitable trading a certain type or group of strategies in the markets.

There is a whole world of opinions, methods, strategies and things to learn out there, one thing that successful traders will tell you is that you never stop learning and adapting in the markets.

That said, with a great commitment and lots of work you can learn the basics and develop an initial trading plan in 3 to 4 months. That is possible, it may take longer to develop your mindset though. Even after that time to develop your plan you still need to practice the plan, backtest it and then execute it in demo before even going to live trading.
All that journey can take some people from 6 months to 3 or 4 years (as many times people skip parts and end up doing the work again, or hop from shiny thing to shiny thing until they find a method that works for them and stick to it).

The path to becoming a consistently profitable trader is a hard one. Trying to skip parts will only make you lose more money and/or more time.

Be diligent, and think of the long term returns always.

2 Likes

Learning how to trade is obviously a very herculean task and it takes a very long time to become a professional trader. With the basics of the game, you can grasp the idea easily, but it wouldn’t be a walk through the yard for you to be able to understand how strategies work, the charts reading, the terminologies, how you have to plan or stick to a strategy every single time and day that you trade. When I was a novice trader I thought trading was all about luck and I was very wrong.

More so, I know you are thinking just like I was thinking when I was a Novice if you have tried trading before and lost some monnies or even if you haven’t traded before at all. I would highly recommend you sign up to my website to TAKE a FREE class session of just about a max of 20mins and after wards if you like the lesson, you can arrange to take an actual course weekly…

Hi Estaben,

You can definitely learn in quick time, let me know when you are around so I can walk you through the guidelines.

For people who are new to forex, if you don’t limit what you need to learn, you will be a student for ever. So don’t try to learn everything, like a sponge trying to absorb the oceans, define what you want to do, list what you need to learn to do it and them just learn that.

You will then need to practice to ensure you are a competent user of your charts and platform, that your understanding matches the actual markets and to become mentally and emotionally accustomed to “handling” the money involved.

Then start trading. Get on with it.

2 Likes

Hi . I am learning forex with proper trading company from December and is a hell 1 of the most difficult thing, it never ends . I have pay a lot of money. I wish if somone had told me this words . I don’t want to stop you but will be very difficult with out coaching . You must put real money if you want to learn , is all about emotions, sicology. Remember must use stop Los at all the times is all about risk management. Need to understand the market . Sorry for my English.
Thanks

1 Like

Two major human flaws are Greed and Fear. To tame these 2 beast requires time thru psychological conditioning.

An example,
" The frequency of the practiced behaviour. If someone has woken up everyday for 25 years and had a cigarette–then waking up and having an orange juice for 25 days is not enough to change that habit. "

Some people are simply prime for trading success. Unfortunately, most people are not. From a probability perspective, at worst, getting a trade correct is 50/50. Thus, the trading system is not the primary reason why most people fail. It is the money management habit that determine a person’s success.

Mastery over ones own greed and fear will yield a better result than any kind of holy grail system. So how long does it take to reach a deep level of virtuosity in trading?

It depends on how badly you are prime for trading failure. Consistent conscious awareness of ones own shortcoming is more difficult than we think. It is akin to attaining enlightenment.

In a nutshell, the ability to develop a high level of self control over ones own greed and fear determines a person’s success in trading. How long it take varies from person to person. Old habit die hard. Time required to develop good habit probably takes an equal amount of time to overcome the time taken to develop the bad ones.

old habit die hard :rofl:

4 Likes

Is it IMarkets Live?

Yes it is, do you use it?

It depends upon how quickly you pick up things. I have seen many people spend their entire live in learning the basics and fundamentals of forex trading. It alsp depends upon the determination and work-ethic of the trader in hand. You just need to be a little ‘crazy’.

1 Like

You’re definitely right about the “crazy” part lol my mentor studied his ass off every single day in 2017 learning forex, then went LIVE beginning of this year and is now easily making over $1,000 a week, and growing because I swear he barely sleeps :joy: it helps keep me going knowing I can get to the level that he is as long as I put in the same effort

nope, don’t need it. All the info they give you can easily be found online. It’s a great company if you’re into the network marketing business though.

@alphahavoc Well said.

Trading imo is something that you constantly need to learn about. It’s a dynamic thing, so its constantly changing. Even if you have a amazing photographic memory, the market is always changing, which leads me to believe you constantly need to learn and adapt to market trends/sentiment.

It doesn’t end, you learn as you trade, even your strategy will have to be modified at some point, it’s not one size fits all.

You can also try to fund your account so you can overcome the fear of losing money, live account and demo account feels different emotional when you enter a trade and it immediately goes the opposite direction, so sometimes it takes courage to fund the live account and have a real trade experience… all the best

1 Like

Nice Topic. Really learning a lot from the replies. Keep it coming👍… In A nutshell, Forex is A Journey.

hi Peter, thank you for sharing… does not come easy and does take to understand it. again there always something new to learn…

I agree! :+1:

It will take years.

Hi friend Forex is a continuous study, not only trading techniques, psychological knowledge, economic knowledge, political knowledge. Everything changes in a few moments, always be ready, you always know what you need to do …

1 Like