Forex Growth Bot

I’m leaving mine open this is what I posted over at donnaforex…

I’ll let mine go. Being at that 4100 area feels very bearish to me. EU took out the 4150ish swing low that was established in mid April and for me and anyone watching the H4 or daily may view that as a break of the uptrend and the start of a downtrend or rangebound behavior which may last through till September.

Guess you never know though. Traditionally summer has been thinner but every year is different but at the moment I am a EU bear ;D

have a good weekend all.

I am using the trade copier and it has closed all the trades @ 55 mins before closing time @ 1.41

I’ve solved it :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Anyway i’ve just started a forward test of FGB on OANDA.

We’ll see how it goes

Does this mean you aren’t taking half profit at +50 anymore, or did only half of the position close at +136?

to be honest there are no hard and fast rules. If there is momentum in the movement I let them go if it seems like its taking its sweet time and I hit 50 I get the hell out. lately fgb has only been opening 3 trades at a time. I am always nimble and so my rules are fluid like me :smiley:

very quiet week for FGB… no trade at all this week…

Hi Guys,

even this is my post, I’ve been following this thread for a couple of weeks and I really enjoy reading all of your posts and updates concerning your experences.

Since I’m a bit affraid of EAs, I’ve always stood away from these stuff. Anyway, this thread changed my mind. So I decided to buy fgb and put it on a demo acc. Since it works out quite good. I took some money from my other acc, where I trade by myself and shipped it on a new thinkforex live acc. I gonna put the fgb on it, as soon as my new VPS is availble. And I’m looking foward to the results as a small child to its birthday.
But the fact, that there is no interaction by myself, drives me crazy.
There is no adrenalin when auto trading. It’s like raising a foreign child…
And it’s not you to make the decissions.

So I want to ask y’all about your experiences concerning this. Don’t u miss this feeling?

Anyway, since I only put a little money in this experiment and keep going my normal trading habits, it won’t be that bad for me. Maybe the 500 bucks are a little bit to less money to start an acc. Normaly I would spend at least 1000$, but since it’s just an experiment, I think it’s enough.

Maybe I will post some results at times, If I find enough time to.

Please keep this thread alive. I’m really enjoying it!

Sorry for my bad English. I’m trying to enhance my language skills daily, but it’s still a long way to go.

Regards from Germany,

Wez

Hey Wez,
Great point. I enjoy the feeling of trading too. We have to be careful our trading does not become emotional. I overcome this feeling by managing my trades and by manually trading as well. It feels really good to watch my account grow and that is what I try to remember.

Now it’s running…

I hope I can set up a few of than part by part, so I’ll get a portfolio of a few successfull EAs.

Additionally I will keep trading manually as well, but as you already stated - we all are acting emotional. So maybe it’s better to have 75% automated trading and 25% manually trading, just to keep up your mind and have fun in trading.

Would you agree with that?

sure, everybody is different. some people are afraid to pull the trigger on a trade others are exillerated but the best professionals feel nothing.

For me I like being in the market so I am definitely an overtrader but I have gotten better over the years. I do find manageing my trades to be satisfying.

Hi,

The Growth Bot finally back into business. It opened three trades today

1st short @ 1.42869 and manual closed for 41pips
2nd short @ 1.42639 and manual closed for 30pips
3rd short @ 1.42186 and FGB closed for -31pips

So total for this week is +40pips. By the way, just wonder why my bot opened the 1st short 15 minutes earlier than the one on their myfxbook official account but did not open the 2nd short in their official account although there is an arrow showing that that closed bar is still valid for another short.

Andy

I came home to find a bunch of eu shorts the smallest ones were just opened but I have 2 that are +86 and one that is +104. I would have closed it but the weekend is upon us and I am unable to till Sunday night.

It started out great and then tanked. I think it looks for long term and large trends that when volatility is high and stretches smaller trends out it ends up losing bad. I’m down about 2% since I started and still waiting for that big one to make me some money. Frustrating! I trade smaller lots on this bot and hope that long term results are good, but I’m still shaky on this one.

I got completely different results. I started using this AE three days ago with default parameters on a Demo, but most of the trades were loss trades. According to the fxgrowthbot page on “myfxbook.com”, the profit rate this month has gone south in a tragic way. Why would the month of May be different from the previous months? I guess that May was the wrong month to start.

And I thought I was The “Forex” Cooler :o

Hi guys,

This week was really really bad.
Around -250 pips. I dont know what happened yesterday the bot just open a lot of positions at the end of the trend. Im not getting it =/

I don’t know how I dodged this bullet??? anyway I noticed this month has been awful for fmt and steadywinner as well. WSFR is struggling but still positive. I don’t know whats going on with these markets but I hope it gets back to normal.

hi, thank you for sharing EAs, mind to share ur capital management on these EAs?

Anyone using thrustvps experiencing that their server is down?

Mine is down and i have a FGB trade open!!

My month is slightly down with FGB at this stage as well. Markets are extremely choppy with breakouts starting and stopping on a dime. Difficult environment for any bot. This is why I can’t say it enough, don’t get greedy, keep your lot sizes small and go for the long haul. Get greedy and one month can take you out. The longer you stay in the game and protect your account the more likely you will be successful. I blew up several small accounts before I learned this lesson the hard way. Since then I have traded a live account for 2 years and not worried at night if it would be there in the morning because I keep my risk under control. If you can’t handle a series of losses in a row then you are underfunded or over leveraged. Also, I have no love for any bot in paticular, I’m not affraid to pull it off and put it back on demo until it shows me it can be profitable again. One more loss month on FGB and it will move back to a demo account until it shows me it is right for the market again. - ej5