Forex MegaDroid

Thanks for the clear answer.
I am based in Europe (France), would the combination of “FXPro” and “Forex Hoster” be a good choice for me?

Thanks

Check out SWVPS.

18 bucks gets you a 700 MB ram. I tested a ping of my brokerage’s server and it was fast.

Pay for a year and get double RAM and 2 months free. Right now there’s a 15% discount. I did all that and my cost is 12.75 for 1.4 gb RAM VPS that’s running really nicely right now. This is my 3rd VPS after switching over from VPS Land. Very pleased with performance and stability. I have 15 MT4s running and it uses less than 500 MB RAM and 2% of CPU power so plenty of overhead left. I use 1 MT4 for 1 EA so every EA has the full resources of an instance of MT4 running for it. MD is very very stable and could run for months without reboot.

One feature that Forex VPS has is auto login of the VPS after it goes down so it automatically launches your MT4s in the startup folder. That’s offered as a unique forex VPS feature and they charge you premium for it. It is unique I would admit cos most VPS do not auto login. But,

You can do this on any VPS using this: How to turn on automatic logon in Windows

I’m running 2 VPS’ right now and they both auto login and launch all the MT4s even if I’m not there to login.

Yes, for sure. The French residents are not subject to the US CFTC restrictions.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at it.

The servers I pinged were fx pro and hot forex.

fX pro was 76 ms response time from SWVPS, from my home computer it was 230+

Hot forex was about 86 ms. About 240+ at home.

The VPS is much much faster than the home computer.

The VPS has gigabit connections and our EAs barely use 0.2% of the available bandwidth.

I’m using fx pro, followed bravehost, and it works well with MD. I’ve not had a loss since early dec. Great combo with swvps. But I’m not getting the pips that bravehost is getting. Usually a pip or 2 less.

Are you not afraid of getting hacked with this automatic login feature?
It looks like it is enough only to know your URL and anybody can get into your VPS account.
How is your account safety guaranteed.

Check my table a few posts before and see if you match with my won pips and entry prices. I am running a real account at FxPro and it would be nice to compare with your results.

Good question: You do this only if there is physical security of the server. Most VPS’ are in data centers where only authorized personnel are allowed in. Add to that, that this is a virtual server, one of many sitting on a single box would make it harder to access. Once its booted up it is no different than a VPS that is running and connected to your brokerage via the MT4 application. If you connect with remote desktop client you still need the login details and password. I checked with VPS land before about viruses and they have node level protection. That means that you don’t need to have anti virus software running on your VPS. Anyway the only thing you should have running on your VPS is MT4. Don’t use the IE on that to access the web, that’s asking for trouble. Download from your desktop and transfer to the VPS via remote desktop client.

I did a lot better than you did.

On at least 3 if not 4 trades where you broke even I had 7 or 8 pips.

My results mirror very closely to megadroid results’ fx pro’s results.

I did not get that stop loss that bravehoststamps got in Dec.

Strange. It could have to do with the VPS service delay at Forex Hoster + the 2 to 3 seconds delay for a live account. I missed the Dec. loss too.
I will see this month, since I’ve switched VPS providers recently.

I have 2 real accounts, fx pro and fx primus. Running demos testing other stuff on aaafx, fin fx, atc, oanda mt4, fx pro

The account results I was talking about was the live fx pro account. same as yours. Frustrating I know, I can’t replicate bravehoststamps results either. His results better than mine (except for the dec SL) and mine is better than yours. :wink:

As I’ve said, our accounts are live and it is normal to have some differences. However bravehoststamps’ account differs only sometimes and only by a few pipettes from my demo account.
At the moment I am interested only in live accounts for MD.
I have made an account with Myfxbook, but a have only 10 results to publish and this is not so interesting yet I guess.
I have to mention that my Track Record is verified and my Trading Privileges are also verified.

My account is a mess. I don’t have the discipline to use 1 EA and only 1 EA. I use many different EAs. Turn them on and off and change the settings constantly. Had to pick through the trades to match up my MD trades with yours. Fortunately I had comments on the trades.

I’ve decided to keep this live account at FxPro only for MD. I don’t intend to use other EAs or make manual trades.
Do you use any other successful EAs. Have you seen at least one EA better than MD on the long run?

I can’t send you a PM but check my other posts.

For those who use Forex VPS for their VPS service. Can you tell me if they use the 32 or 64 bit version of windows 2003. They claim they have the best VPS for forex trading which I would think they would do whatever they can to optimize for running MT4 which would include choosing the right OS for it.

So far I’ve only used the 64 bit version of windows 2003 server and I’ve got to say its rock solid. No hangs or crashes. I’ve had it run very slow before to the extent it affected the MT4s and the trades before but that was due to the hosting company loading too many VPS’ on one server. After they moved me to another node things improved significantly.

And for those of you who have used forex VPS and other VPS providers. Do you think forex VPS has performed the best for you?

Anyone’s MD trade lately? I feel like it’s been less active than usual, which is pretty inactive to begin with. Just want to make sure mines still working okay, because I recently switched to FinFX.

I think my MD does not trade for 2-3 weeks already.

Two of my MD demo accounts had a trade. One with Aggressive OFF on FxPro,
the other with Aggressive ON on Deltastock. They run on my private PC. My other demo account on FinFx with Aggressive ON and my real account at FxPro with Aggressive ON did not have a trade. They run on a VPS.

I can confirm what a65 says. My Demo account have traded but my live account has not. My live account is with FXPro.

To be honest I won’t be worried about it unless I see Bravehost’s MD make a trade while mine does nothing. Bravehost’s last trade was on the 20th January.