Forex MegaDroid

Hi, there’s the manual for ForexMegadroid here if anyone wants to look at the manual before purchasing… not sure if it helps but at least it may give someone an idea about the interface etc

Best wishes
Connie

Umm, if you think the EA is a scam then why are you posting here? Did you buy it, clearly from your posts, no.

Ae you qualified to speak for the MD developers on the success of this EA? No.

This forum was started by BHS to discuss with others who have bought the bot. Also a place for those who are thinking about it to hear first hand from others.

BHS account is a Real FixFx account. I follow it and compare his Md trades to mine. And they’re very close.

KDH what’s your point?

Hey, I’m not here to fight with anyone about MD. It doesn’t hurt me a bit if you guys buy it and trade with it.

I am here to provide a bit of balance and [B][U]common sense[/U][/B] to counter some of the cheerleading that goes on here (especially for any newbies).

BHS was, for a fact, using a demo account and pretending he was trading a real account for over a year. That should tell you something about his confidence in the program.

If you have read my posts and still don’t get my point - you are not going to. Just move on …

Oh, and BTW, I did buy a copy of MD - cheaply. I debugged it and tested it and was not satisfied with its performance.

ROFL. You paid for a cheap pirated copy which had to be debugged? No wonder it f*cked you up. This makes your preaching of common sense nothing but pathetic. :slight_smile:

There was nothing wrong with the copy that I got. It did not have to be debugged to operate. I did that to see if I could apply it to the futures market (which trades fairly, unlike others). If this actually worked, the futures market is the way to go.

This does not change the common sense about it. And your vulgar language says something unpleasant about you. You didn’t like everyone being reminded about your scam trading results. Anyone who has followed you closely knows who is pathetic.

Once again, everyone - [U][B] common sense[/B][/U]: How do you think the makers of MD are making their money??? The more people trying to get in on those temporary moves, the less likely that anyone will get filled. [U]This was a secret best kept a secret[U] … . [/U]Unless you realize there is more money in selling it and “ruining” it, than trading it[/U]. Oh, and why do you think BHS is so pissed off (rhetorical)?

Again, I don’t care if you buy and trade it. Heck, I might still trade it on real money (probably not).

Ironically, I thought that my last post would be my last post. I’m tired of this, and I am sure all you good people are as well. I just don’t like the deceiving, one sided, cheerleading that goes on here.

To try and be fair. Let me balance my own negative views with a bit of support for MD.

MD is kind of like a pyramid. When trying to get filled into a position, the top of the pyramid gets filled first. The rest of the pyramid helps support the reversal. Everyone gets filled on a loss. Most get filled on wins. Sometimes, you miss a winner. Big deal, they are small anyway.

But, when going for the target, the same applies. The top of the pyramid gets filled first. This time the rest of the pyramid is having a much harder time getting filled, and in fact, hindering the move to get filled. If you miss a fill and take a big loss instead, it can make the difference in a winning or losing quarter (or longer).

So, whats the positive point that I was supposed to make? Try to be at the top of the pyramid. That means probably using a VPS, and more importantly, pay a commission instead of slippage. Maybe this is what the MD guys are doing. They are selling to the masses to support the market reversal. Then getting in and out before the rest of us. Kind of makes sense …

Interesting and kind of a positive thought. This is why I wanted to try to debug the program to use on the futures market. You pay a commission, but are always filled on a tick-through. Oh yeah, and it is regulated.

One simple question: did you get a licensed copy or a pirated one?

If the first is the case, what problem would one have with getting a full refund within 60 days of purchase if not satisfied?

“yada yada yada” Wow, I really did not want to reply again, but you beg for it.

Did you or did you not have sex with that intern? Oops, I mean [U]did you or did you not deceive this forum for over a year[/U] about whether or not you were trading real money, when you were actually using a demo account? (no need to answer. we all know you did) Clearly you have no faith in this program either. It sure looks like you must be benefiting in some other way (than trading it) that keeps you so motivated???

Yeah, I think my question is more interesting and relevant than yours.

Again, I am trying to back out of all of this. Just quit lying, deceiving and pushing this product so that I can shut up. Thank you!

EVERYONE - COMMON SENSE!!! Just give me $100 and I will make you thousands and thousands with no effort. Come on, how gullible are we???

To those who purchase(d) it. Good luck, hope you have some fun with it. I did.

All I have to say is that I’m glad that pirated copy you’ve got f*cked you up. One must be strikingly dumb to run it instead of running a licensed copy under a 60-day full refund guarantee. Also, they have no way to scam you under this guarantee. If you don’t like it, have your cash back in full at any time within 60 days of your purchase.

There goes that nasty language again. Tsk Tsk.

Hey, I didn’t get messed up with. I had fun with it. I got to learn some things and it was a rewarding challenge to translate their sneaky variable names. It was a calculated risk. And I didn’t have to pay $100. So I am happy. Wonder why you are so Pissed!? (again rhetorical. Apparently some how you make money on sales, which would explain why you push this product so hard).

:18:

As I’ve said many times, you won’t find an affiliate sales link anywehere in my posts. Yet MD is making me good money on my trading account and I hate it when people badmouth it for no reason.

Okay “Slick”, you remind me of this phrase "It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is. "

Yes, I just checked your account. You made a whopping 25 cents in December, and another 18 cents in January. Don’t spend that all in one place. :27: Let me correct myself before you do. Depending on your account, that could be $2.50 in December and $1.80 in January - same, same. That still doesn’t suggest a lot of confidence in this program.

I apologize to everyone else for all this nonsense. But, it’s just too easy …

Excuse me for intruding in your little domestic but you guys seem to have far too much time on your hands :slight_smile:

I actually find it quite amusing.

hmmm, bravehoststamps…
do you work for or are you a programmer for the megadroid company?? lol. you seem to believe in it soo much. can you send me a demo file to trade on my demo account?

You know that amazing about the psychology of what the thread has fallen too?

People are so cynical. They just refuse to believe that there’s an actual EA that works given the right broker and will make money over the long term. Even when presented with clear evidence and methods to get the same results…people think they are lied to.

And yet we put our faith in the most frivolous of institutions and people. God must get a good laugh watching us.

Trading is about risk people. Hell, LIFE is about risk. In order to get ANY sort of gain, you must risk SOMETHING. Yes, past performance is no guarantee of future success, but if you’re afraid of risk then you aren’t ready to trade ANYTHING.

KDH, you’re right, I’m gonna have fun with it. Fun watching my account grow. You are now implying that BHS is trading on a micro account. So what if he is, % growth is % growth, regardless of the unit.

KDH you’re already made up in your mind that this robot is a scam yet you offer no compelling evidence to support the accusation. I’d put my statement online but I choose not to. That’s my choice. And I don’t owe anyone an explanation unless you want to pay me to do so.

But I offer my experience with the EA to help others get the same results I get and as for BHS? This is his thread.

As to the whole he’s been lying it’s a demo thing? Ummm MD will make trades on different brokers at different times within the 4pm to 7pm EST window. MyFXBook will clearly say if an account is demo or real since you MUST specify the server when registering an account. All of the statements BHS has put up were on REAL servers. If you have a problem with the statement provided, take it up with MyFXBook.

It’s hypocritical for you to say someone is lying when you yourself haven’t established your own credibility. And then to say that you have some version of MD that’s “cheap” and “debuggable”?

Hmmm… I wonder who got scammed?

Anyhoo back on the TOPIC, Major changes to my setup this week.
I previously ran MD, FXScalpa, and MD Pro on the same account risk is .1 on each recovery on. FXScalpa has successfully recovered from a medium loss suffered last month and MD is on track to complete it’s recovery from the Jan. double loss also. However I’d stopped using MD Pro on USDCHF and EURCHF. They also suffered losses in Jan and the curve has been flat for the month while the other bots have made good gains during recovery.

So I’ve increased risk on MD and FXScalpa to .3 each keeping Recovery on.

Lesson learned from the MD double loss, the FX market liquidity is like nowhere at the end of the year. I may sit out the last 2 weeks in Dec.

FXScalpa closed out tonight’s trade at +3.71 % traveling +5.0 pips. That completes it’s recovery and it’s now back to standard size. MD is still in recovery, no trades tonight.

Hi millerja01a

Ive been running MD on demo for a while no and still no trades…

If I increase the risk to 0.1 (was 0.3 then 0.5)… will that only change the amount risked or will it start to trade more as well?
Not sure what the logic is behind MD.

Anyways… Ive always been told to keep recovery off… is IT really safe to use martigale style recovery?

Also i’m using IBFX AU Live, and demoing on Pepperstone and think forex… all no trades for about 2 - 3 weeks except IBFX took a small loss of $2 early last week.

Hey, I am glad that you are having fun with it. I did too! As far as BHS and his micro account. I wouldn’t care, but he said he is making “good money”. That’s implying that he is making a significant sum. If he believed in this program so much, why is not not taking larger trades??? And he has been trading this for years. His successful compounding has gotten him all the way up to .02 lot size?? Come on, even though you appear to like him, that has to seem strange to you, too.

[U]I do not think that the robot is a scam.[/U] I think BHS is. I don’t like his exaggerating (not to mention lying) about his results. Clearly he is pushing this program. I believe that something that sounds too good to be true, probably is. I did lots of testing and experimenting with the program. I could not get it to succeed to my satisfaction (with the understanding of the threat of a double loss, not to mention the unlikely and yet inevitable triple loss). I think that I spent enough time with this program that I have a valid and worthy point of view.

I guess you haven’t followed this thread from the beginning. There is no guessing about it. He absolutely was trading a demo account and claiming that it was real. If you care to, go back and check it out - it is very entertaining. Of course, the account has been deleted (I still have the link). Wendy was trading a real account and with decent money. She and BHS were trading similar sizes, but he was getting better results (hmmmm). She was the real thing, a real trader. My hats off to her. You can check that out, too. On that subject: It’s funny that BHS was trading full lot sizes with demo money, and is now trading .02 sizes with real money.

Heck, I still may trade this program, but with a smaller stop, and no doubling up (I know that seems to look good on paper, but …). I’ll have more losses, and not have that pretty equity curve. But it is something I could live with.

The Risk setting is equivalent to percentage. .1 =10% .3 = 30%… .1 is the default and is considered conservative while the website says .7 (70%) is aggressive yet the manual considers .3 as aggressive. I’d limit to .3 but you’re welcome to choose whatever risk you’re comfortable with.

MD’s behaves like so, it appears to follow a channel style trade with it window being between 4pm and 7pm ET M-Thu. Trades are targeted to close in 2 hours however if out of the money, hold trade if near support/resistance and wait for reversal, get out at BE. If spike is too fast then expect heavy loss or S/L to get hit. Recent versions of MD seems to cut trade loose after 3.5hrs regardless of profit/loss. You may want to use that as a barometer in you decision to kill the trade yourself. Keep in mind the point behind an EA to is let it make the decision.

MD robots tend to trade about 100 to 120 trades a year(in the case of MD Pro thats 100+ trades per thread). The risk size doesn’t change that frequency, your broker’s price feed and the new Remote Safety Mode(if enabled) does.

Keeping recovery mode off is your choice however it will take the bot longer to recover from a loss when it’s disabled.

ECN, low spread brokers with 5 digit pricing offer the best performance(ask any scalper). Also consider rebate programs that pay you a portion of your round trip lots traded. They can add significant percentages to your account over time.

To look for problems, check to make sure the Smilely face is there in the upper right corner of the chart you set MD to use. Also set the chart to the 1hr timeframe and don’t change it as it restarts the EA. Open another charts if you’re studying other timeframes for the same symbol. If you don’t see the Smiley face, go through the manual again to ensure you’re settigns match for running MD in Metatrader 4. Also, check your MT4 terminals Expert and Journal tabs for possible errors from MD, it may be having problems sending the trades to the servers. If you brokers tech support doesn’t help, consider another broker.

Also reach out to MD support. They are very helpful.