Forex MegaDroid

Thanks millerja01a :0

sorry I made a mistake … I was using 0.03 i mean… then 0.05!
Now 0.1 with recovery off.

I don’t think theres any issues with my bot or EA as i got the smiley… just lack of trades… but it may just be a very bad time for MD to trade.

I think im more concerned that IBFX or my connection is not so good?

but then again i am also Demo’ing on Pepperstone and Think Forex on a VPS so I’d expect some activity on those… but none

Ill keep waiting and see how it goes for the rest of the month :slight_smile:

I don’t know BHS and he doesn’t know me.

But he’s helpful and I’m helpful.

I like helpful people.

Yeah, I’d check your Expert and Journal tabs for errors. Even ‘login’ messages during MD’s trading window are a problem. You want to make sure your connection to your broker is stable.

Definitely engage MD support and send them your settings and terminal logs.

Also, do you know the spread for IBFX for EurUSD on your account type? MD will most likely not trade if your spread is above 3pips.

HI,

Can I ask some veteran of MD to give an opinion on the frequency of trading? I have started testing on 13th January on live real money and, although 100% winning, it seldom trades! I know MD is not a frequent trader but is any of you could compare to yours and give an opinion I would be grateful. Position size varies due to my testing different %.

Thanks in advance.

In my experience, MD takes 10 to 15 trades per month on average.

im getting low freqency as well.

Tradingshed, with such small wins I can understand why its not satisfactory performance…

High frequency of trading does not mean its high quality. Also, MD is trading based on the existing market conditions, and does not create them. If the market is hardly moving, the number of trades will be small. If these moves are further unpredictable (like during these past winter months), some trades will hit a stop-loss. It’s odd to expect the same profitability and frequency of trading under different market conditions.

Seconded, this EA isn’t about fireworks, it’s about results. Tradingshed, based on your chart, you actually have very good wins.

You want the robot’s logic to enter with high probability trades…not gambling. The point is to set it and forget it. Pick a risk setting and leave it. Evaluate performance after several months and adjust your risk as desired.

Here’s something to chew on, Avg 10% growth per month may not seem like much unless you consider the wonderful compounding affect. After a year, your account will have doubled. If your broker has good price feeds and low spreads, you should do well. BHS’s 10 to 15 trades a month is a good barometer.

If you get less than that, check for any problems or change brokers.

What Broker are you using? those results are slightly better than mine but more or less the same. VPS?

FinFX and forexvps.com for me

I did not say I was not satisfied. The results are very good. I just wanted to check with other users if the frequency of trading looked ok. I know that MD is a low frequency trader so I did not want to wait for months before realizing that something is wrong.

Totally agree.

Thank you, this is the sort of info I was looking for.

broker is GKFX, UK Spreadbetting (market maker type) and Netcetera VPS.

If anyone is interested, MD support have pointed me to what they call “official results” for Megadroid so I could compare performance and frequency.

I hope the moderators here will allow me to post this link…

Forex Megadroid Results - Live Forex Trading Journal

I’m also posting my statement as well.

LitePAMM1 System | Myfxbook

Global Settings:
Risk: .3
Aggressive: True
Recovery: True
Remote Safety Mode: True
AutoGMT - True

I have nothing but good things to say about MD

I have only been using it for about 2 weeks but it turned my 50K demo account to 63k in 4 trading days :slight_smile:

It is on high risk high reward settings and I manually closed some trades that I was happy with!

I think that is the problem with most traders, they get greedy insteading of cutting a trade when a nice profit is there ready for the taking by opting out early. I have had 1 negative trade of $28 out of 13 trades and 1 break even. So far I am really happy with the results.

I think all the critics also need to go to another forum and troll it, BHS has done nothing but help anyone throughout this entire thread, even if he was working with the MD Team (which I doubt) he is still a nice guy and kind enough to post his results and help others

My view also, not only on BHS but on many sharing contributors often accused. cheers

It it also my view as well, BHS gives help to all that ask who cares if he is with MegaDroid which I DON’T think he is. Keep up the good work BHS and the other sharing contributors who try and help

Finally had my first real MD trade today!
Position was held for a good few hours before closing with about 1 pip profit lol.

Still, i’m impressed how MD did not close in the red as it was going south for most of that trade, and when it was neutral again it closed it off… better than a losing one i guess:)

Does anyone know how much MD is affected by latency ?

I check my VPS to broker is about 200ms +
Is this too high for the EA (or EAs in general) to work well?

That is high for a VPS connection. You should ask your VPS service to explain their internet connection to you. The size/speed of the backbone INet connection is key. Preferably, you want redundant multiple OC3 or better circuits to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 provider.

The next issue is the execution time of your brokers servers. You want as fast a possible, under 3 secs is best. The time is measured from when your terminal sends the order, to the time the server replies back with an order ticket. Once MD get’s a ticket, you may notice it send’s another order to modify the new order with t/p - s/l orders. That’s very smart as some servers will delay issuing an order ticket when one is placed with t/p - s/l orders set.

Anyone got an idea on how MD is affected by latency this year?

Forex Forever.