Forex MegaDroid

Mine changes fine. Take screenshots of your actions and email them to the MD customer support along with a step-by-step description of what you do. That should help.

how do you take a screenshot? did i do the right thing, the way i described to you? when i change it , i can change it but when i open it again to check it it is 0.1

Can you use the robot with any broker or just some?

What exactly is a VPS ? what is a good one to use and how much is the cost to have it??
thanks

You can use it with any broker which offers the MetaTrader4 platform.

Let me google that for you

A VPS is a virtual private server (rented remote computer with a 24/7 uptime). The monthly cost ranges between $20-$100. Check out swvps.com or forexvps.com for possible options.

On forexvps.com would the basic plan (the one below) work good enough to run megadroid
768 MB RAM
10 GB Disk space
500 GB Bandwidth

I am new to Forex and MegaDroid so forgive me if my question has already been answered. I am trying a backtest of MD on FXDD and FinFX. My results are disturbing to me. The settings for both tests are
Aggressive: true
Lot Size: 0.1
Risk Level: 0.1
Recovery Mode: false
time period: 2009-04-01 to present

The FinFX results:

The FXDD results:

Why are the results so different? I have run this test numerous times trying different settings and it is always the same, FXDD make a profit and FinFX loses most of the money. I see a lot of people are getting great results with their live accounts and I would love do try it out, but I would like to understand what the difference is between the brokers. Or is this a case of the data over that period of time is just bad?

Thanks for any help.

I am very interested in using Megadroid. Did you purchase it from Forex Megadroid Expert Advisor #1 Does it work good on a laptop? I have a desktop but I rarely use it…

I have noticed that the spread on FinFX is around 9 pips and they charge a 50% commission on the demo account. FXDD has a 16 pip spread but doesn’t seem to charge any commission on the demo account. Has anyone else noticed this? I have MegaDroid running on demo accounts with both brokers and the droid hasn’t made any trades on FXDD in the last 2 weeks and only 1 on FinFX. I get the 50% commission from the only trade I have on the FinFX account which profit was $32.06 and the commission was $16.03. Is there another broker out there with better spreads and commissions? From what I understand about the droid it monitors the spread and won’t make a trade unless it is reasonably certain it can make a profit, so I am guessing the FXDD account hasn’t traded because the spread is so high.

Yes, that’s the one. It works fine on a laptop as long as you have Windows installed there.

Yes, the spreads are very important. FXDD charges their profits solely in the form of the spread while FinFX charges them in the form of the commission. To me, the commission charge is better, because it allows for the low raw spreads, with which trades open and close better. I think the reason you got different backtest results also has to do with the current spreads that you got at the time of your backtesting. Anyway, I suggest you inquire with the MD customer support on the matter - that’s what they’re are for, after all.

Yes, it’s perfectly enough.

IN MY BACK TESTING of md i’ve gotten a wide varitey of test results from extrmely good to horrible and the risk is set at .1 im useing a finfx practice account but not sure if i have the back testing set up right . can someone plz share wht parameters u usse in back testing or live tht u found to get best results thanks

What did the MD customer support reply to you about it?

still waiting on a reply from them just seeing if anyone here had a similar experience

Hey Brave,

Was wondering if you could help me out clarifying a few things when setting up megadroid.

First your settings you use are all default correct? Anything you change differently or don’t recommend using? I am trying to maintain good money management. I am going to be trading 5000 live after I test this first on a demo that would simulate my live account.

Currently I have stealth and aggressive on true, and pretty much all others on default. do you recommend keeping risk level at 0.1 as well as position size at 0.1? or should I reduce them?

Lastly do you keep recovery mode set to “true” ?

Thanks man

@bravehoststamps.

Will MD work with FXCM UK ? According to their site all expert advisors (EAs), scalpers, and algo traders welcome.

Yes, it will.