Forex MegaDroid

Seems like the 3rd trade is a losing trade? Doom Lord was smart to close it manually.

Vinnyj, 6 trades?!

The recovery mode is very buggy :frowning:

WTF? 6 trades? 3 trades? I’m still on my second trade, price went up 25 pips in the last 10 minutes :smiley:

edit; it’s getting resistance @ 1.35 :frowning:

Yes recovery mode is diabolical…switch it off, take it from me.
I am going to have to stop trading now after that loss and am going to try and get me money back.
Happy trading!

first loss tonight - typical after i just increased risk profile. thankfully still on demo - was thinking of going live next week so hopefully tonight will then set us on another reasonable run. Second trade opened and is currently at a loss although the price is coming back. SL for second trade 152 pips which is big but guess that MD doesn’t think it could go that low. Looks like we will pass midnight sitting on loss so if SL isn’t hit then no doubt it will close at a breakeven point. Noticed that the SL for first trade only resulted in a 5.6% loss. Given I have set risk setting to 0.2 (ie risk 20% of bank) I didn’t think it was too bad.

Good Luck, let us know if you did as I stall have about 30 days left of the demo.

That is the fastest $3210.60 i have ever lost… HOLY SH!T

My scalping for the last two weeks is gone in 30 seconds! :frowning:

Today is a clear example of the need for good money management. We must be carefull because days like this can happen at any time.

Anyone know a good money management calc out there?

I don’t think money management would changed anything tonight.

• Megadroid has a decent money management.

PietPatPat you didn’t change your SL to 50pips? It should have hit SL already then. It’s going up now!

Nope, Sl is still at 155 pips. I feel confident that it will retrace, it just needs to break that 1.35 line.

Why does MD only trade between 20:00 and 24:00?

I should have closed mine when it retraced. Now it looks like back down

Asian session is part of it. Can’t remember the rest - read the thread.

yesterday night Md has 2 trade.totaly 30 pips lost.
md made no profit for my live account from beginning of december.
so so 10 trade small small profit. after 1 hit stoploss and all profit finished.

Hi!

After MD yesterday night mare :slight_smile: I decided to share some my thoughts about 8 month “Live trading with MD” experience.
As I understand MD works on simple “bounce into Channel” strategy. It calculate some channel (some times it matches Bollinger Bands (20) on 15 min chart) and simply open position when channel was broken.

What broker are you guys using with MD ?

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

The only time when market is in “Channel state” with most probability is between 21:00-01:00 GMT except Mondays and news releases what exactly happened last night.
Therefore I always try to switch off your MD before news releases on USD, CAD e.t.c. even event is qualified with low impact.
Unfortunately this hight impact event at 21:30 GMT WAS NOT SCEHEDULED at all…

dailyfx.com/calendar
forexpeacearmy.com/forex_news_calendar

Went to bed last night confident that MD’s second trade of the night would eventually close at breakeven. when I got up this morning it was still sitting about 42 pip loss. I run MD on a VPS, unfortunately as I also run other software on this it occasionally needs rebooted as the system crashes if left on more than a couple of days. I decided to reboot this morning so it didn’t crash when I was at work, hoping that MD would close the trade at some point during the day. When I restarted MD, it simply went ahead and closed the trade down 33.4 pips. I noticed half an hour later that pietpatat,s same trade closed down 1.8 pips. Don’t understand why it closed the trade before SL but will try and contact MD support.

Wendy, I noticed your second trade ended in a good profit helping to soften the blow. I imagine mine never closed at TP due the the spreads on FXCM (normally 2.2 to 2.6). I know Alpari are a lot lower so will consider opening my live account with them.

Paul:confused:

Alpari UK Micro - grows faster, but loses more
Fibo Group - grows slower
FXCM - after 3 loses in row Aug 2009 I went away from FXCM

If you wold like to profit with MD you should perform babysitting :slight_smile: on your PC during MD trading. A little bit later I will try to explain why.
To take profit or hit loss depends on current quotes (of course broker, too) and your right reaction on price move.