Forex Mentorship Vs Courses

Should i pay for a mentor or should i purchase a course??
Is there any difference??:man_shrugging:

Mentor that knows what they are doing every time , a course can be found free and one of the better ones is right here at babypips. Think of it this ay you can read a book or watch a youtube channel to drive a car but you never learn to drive till a instructor shows you in a practical way. The mentor will not only show the course content but how it works also

2 Likes

The BP course is excellent in providing the basics of trading but it will not teach you how to trade effectively. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is where the mentor comes in , hence the driving instructor

I prefer mentorship rather than course. Mentor know you and according to that he/she can teach you how to react and trade on the market.

Have you given the School here a try? I think the biggest difference might be time. How much time you spend to get up to speed. I would think a mentor would want you to get the basics anyway before mentoring starts. And then the cost of course. Plenty of free resources out there, here, YT, etc.

Where would newbies find mentors without being conned/taken advantage of or it costing so much $$$? I’d be wary finding one off Instagram or even here I think but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

@forexforexforex I have already finished the babypips course.
I ready have the basics

@forexforexforex

I think you are right - it’s always best to have a knowledge of things before you start with a mentor.

If you look at the ancient yogis of India they wouldn’t accept a devotee until they had mastered basic principles.

If you look at the master craftsmen and trainee often they had to prove they were worthy before being taken on.

You are wasting a mentors time if you have not already proven dedication to the domain you are looking to learn.

Remember Karate Kid? Whether it was wax on wax off (original movie), or putting on the jacket, take it off (recent movie) the mentor only gets involved when the student has a certain level of proficiency.

1 Like

Instagram the land of make believe, its very hard to find a good one and very few put their neck on the line and trade in front of you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing foresight is something else. My advise get a basic knowledge from the course here and then try to pick the brain of someone who trades and with luck they may show you a trick or 2 , but if they come straight out saying they have a green lambo run for the hills

3 Likes

@Lang15

Id never buy a green lambo, much prefer Man City blue

1 Like

Black all the way lol , although changed to slate grey this year (I must be getting old)

2 Likes

@gratedskate,

If you have the basics down it might be worth going live with a micro account. Give the emotions and patience a test drive!

Even a very limited amount of live $$ on the line will go a long way in establishing a real baseline as to where you are as a trader. It will test emotional control, ability to stick to a plan, show your actual real time understanding of the platform being used and current state of pair selection and direction (good, bad and ugly).

After a some time and a number of trades you should have some insight as to where you are as a trader, the type of trading you leaning towards and what/where you’re lacking. It could give some history a mentor may be interested in reviewing? I can’t speak to a mentorship as I have never had one.

I will say that there are a number of good traders on this site that are more than willing to help folks along on their trading journey.

Good luck,

KC

BTW… One of them is right above me! :roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Probably the best advice. If they come pitching something to you, be extra wary!

3 Likes

Paid courses would have very little in addition to what’s available freely here in Babypips. However much you pay, it will not be worth it. As for a mentor, good luck finding someone who isn’t a scammer and is genuinely interested in teaching you in exchange for a reasonable fee.

Ah, good to know. I think if you have the basics, have some trading under your belt and you’re still not progressing, it think a mentor could be good for you.

Now, you just need to find one that’s reputable and charging something you can afford.

Mentors vs courses… :thinking:
I would go with books.
:wink:
Books are

1. cheap
  2. full of stuff
  3. written by credible people
1 Like

I would suggest taking up a free trading course like pipsology. And simultaneously practice on a demo account.

1 Like

I think you will be better off with the free online articles and videos as a beginner. Later, courses are a better option than mentorship.