Forex My Passion - Ashi Strategy (Intraday & Scalping)

The priority with this system is for trending pairs with good volume (USD majors) rather than volatile pairs (JPY or CHF). However, I do consider both in the overall picture.

First, I try to see if there are any setups on the USD majors (1 Hr chart). If I see any, then I take that trade and wrap it up for the day.

The only time I trade volatile pairs like GBP/JPY or EUR/JPY is when I don’t see any potential setups on the trending USD pairs.

BTW I almost never trade CAD or CHF pairs (except on the rare Friday). This approach has worked so far on demo.

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile: I have been playing around with GBPUSD, AUDUSD, EURUSD and GBPCHF.

Thanks for trying this strategy.

If I ever decide to go live, this is the only strategy I would trade in the 1 Hr TF. Keep a target of say 15-25 pips a day and you’ll do fine … Your balance will rise slowly but consistently.

[I]I like conservative systems that give me 15-25 pips a day rather than speculative, mechanical ones that go 100-200 pips either way. In the end, it’s not about pips but about ROI and money management.[/I]

You know, I usually like to pick holes in a system, method or technique (a temperament thing, I guess) till I’m able to satisfactorily get most fundamental and technical answers. What I like about this system is that it’s not a blind mechanical system. It is based on sound principles and the choice of indicators makes it a winner.

Thanks to Gloriar for introducing this strategy.

I an happy you liked it. Good luck in future.

Do you think this strategy would not work well if you shot for say 70 pips per trade on the H4 candle as opposed to say 20 pips ?

personally think H4 is not very good to trade this strategy because you get entry very late.

I like the 1 Hr TF as well. That’s because you can get trades of 15-25 pips each across multiple pairs. This can get you a total of 40+ pips (when you have the right setup) and also helps you de-risk your position size by spreading the risk across pairs. Besides, it’s my understanding that Heiken Ashi works best up on the shorter time frames up to the 1 Hr TF.

Hello Gloriar, I really like you setup. Could you please email it to me, would love to try it. Thanks

Hello Gloriar. I can’t find the Evelope (14) indicator on my tradingview charting software. Any alternative?

I find heikin ashi charts to be very helpful for price action. I don’t use many indicators as I prefer cleaner charts but find heikin ashi to be a good complementary tool for analysis with price and volume.

Good day for you madam my name is Steve thank you for this wonderful strategy :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: