- [B]NZDUSD -[/B] [B][U]Retail sales figures for the month of May[/U][/B] advances by 1.2 percent, prints much stronger than consensus expectations and sets up speculation for another rate hike as consumers continue to shop.
- [B]EURUSD -[/B] The [B][U]US dollar falls to lifetime low against the euro[/U][/B] as retail sales figures widely disappoint consenus expectations. The single currency rises to $1.3800 in the New York morning.
- [B]Rumored -[/B] Heavy activity surrounding shares of Samsung in the overnight. Speculation of a takeover bid as early as next week sparked buying on the electronics maker.
- [B]Dutch Supreme Court[/B] ruled in favor of an allowed sale of the LaSalle division of ABN Amro to Bank of America. The transaction would be dealth without a shareholder vote, creating a potential setback for the RBS led consortium bid.
- [B]USDJPY -[/B] [B][U]Japanese yen gets boost[/U][/B] from news that Iranian crude oil exporters have requested yen payments, a conversion from dollar transfers. Decision was boosted by heightened concern over tensions with the US.