Click here for PDF
[B]Asia - JPY/CNY[/B]
- Japanese May trade surplus prints much narrower than expected at Y389.5 billion versus consensus expectations of Y462.7 billion.
- People?s Bank of China Deputy Governor Wu states that the central bank will keep the currency stable and balanced, adds that economy has structural problems.
[B]Europe - EUR/GBP[/B]
- Eurozone June PMI manufacturing figures rise higher than expected at 55.4. Consensus estimates were also higher on the services sector, printing 58.3.
- Swiss May trade surplus rises 1.26 billion, much wider than expected against consensus of 1.1 billion.
- June ZEW expectations, however, fall 0.1 from the unchanged reading a month ago. Hints that sentiment may be looking for mild contraction in the near term.