Forex Price Action

Just the one built in to MT4. Run a dummy EA (or one of the included ones - but they print junk on your screen) on the timeframe you desire and then check off visual mode. You can adjust the speed with the slider or arrow keys. Record “trades” in a spreadsheet to determine if you are net profitable after you gather a significant sample size.

That’s not how evidence works, friend. The burden of proof is on those who claim they have discovered something worthwhile - as it has always been throughout history. It’s then up to you to figure out how to make it work for yourself (if you find that what they are saying has merit) or to ignore it and move on before wasting too much of your time.

Okay guys,

maybe I am having some translation problems here, but I don’t quite get why you are in this forum.
You are telling me, that the method does not work, which is fine, because I only traded with a demo account for half a year now, so I am still at the beginning of my journey and you might have a lot more knowledge about forex than I do.
I’m wondering if you guys are profitable and how you can build trading methods of sentences like “trust your gut”. If you are profitable with another technique another hint would be nice of course, as I am in here to learn (and all I’ve learnt from the last pages is, it does not work, or is this the main thing that you want to tell, that it is impossible to earn money with forex trading).
Thanks for your help.
Btw of course I know how proof works, but as none of the senior PA traders is around, that could be asked for advice, I can only ask you if you have proof for the claim that it does not work. So maybe someone can also tell me why it is so hilarious to ask if you already tried this method (otherwise how would you know it does not work) :smiley:

I sincerely hope that’s all it is but i’m beginning to wonder if you’re actually joking by some of your recent comments.

I realise these forums are a magnet for attracting the naïve & the impressionable, but even I’m amazed sometimes at the incredulity of some of you newbies.

Considering the regular episodes of turmoil & chaos caused in these places by self-professed successful “trading mentors & educators” you’d think you newbies would use a little common sense when exploring these threads & at least challenge these guys to validate their claims prior to investing large chunks of time, effort & (quite often) money.

But then, given the horrendous failure statistics attributed to the retail community I suppose it’s not so surprising you guys are prepared to dive feet first into these situations with blind faith

It it is only the nature of human to go the easy way first.
This incredulity didn’t cost me a dime, so no damage taken. I appreciate that you guys try to shake us up.
How did you proceed as you recognized that the trading strategies presented in all those forex forums are useless?
Are you guys profitable with something you worked out for yourselfs, that can’t be found on the internet, or would you adivse to stop trading forex?

Taking others (especially thread vendors & their spokespersons) on trust & blind faith in this environment is definitely not recommended, as you will find to your cost going forward.
You’ve been advised to fully satisfy yourself of their credentials prior to investing time & effort & that advice has been offered for a very good reason.
If folks choose to ignore it, so be it.

Not yet it hasn’t. The only valuable asset it’s robbing you of so far is your time.

You’ll fast forward your progress & discover which ones are worthy of merit & which ones to discard if you ask these 2 questions every time you consider expending time & effort on a lengthy thread headed up by an equally impressive looking cast.

Hanging around well-meaning individuals who only wish “to help” is all well & good but isn’t going to cut it for someone who has aspirations of taking this any further than hobby status.

One or two of us see what you don’t from the other side of the screen every single day of every week throughout the year.

If you could actually see the reality of what plays out including the financial misery caused to client’s accounts by hanging on the every word of some of these muppets on these forums you would fully appreciate why you’re being advised to conduct much more due diligence before willingly investing your valuable time & hard earned money.

Choosing to trade forex or any other asset class is a decision you have to make after you’ve satisfied yourself it’s a viable proposition.
Only you’re qualified to draw that conclusion, but at least give yourself a fighting chance by surrounding yourself with genuine, credible individuals & one way of achieving that is by using your common sense in filtering them out.

Thank you soultrain for your perspective. It is your right to voice your opinion. Now that you have said what you feel you need to, I personally would like to kindly ask that you either leave the forum or begin to contribute to the main purpose of this thread, which is Price Action and discussions of Price Action. I understand where you’re coming from, but this is not the place for your arguments. I suggest you create your own thread or take your opinions to another thread that will happily welcome them. I come here to discuss Price Action with fellow traders, not to argue about what works and what doesn’t. There is a whole forum for that. Thank you for being considerate and respectful to the thread and to our fellow traders. I wish you good luck and success in all your ventures!

Kind Regards,
Joey

You’re joking right?
This is precisely the place to voice that type of warning.

Hey guys the last time i looked at the threads name, it read " Forex Price Action". I don,t see that in the last 10 or so post. I am waiting to see when this stops and we can get back to business as Pippin it Old School so nicely pointed out.

That’s somewhat a contradiction of terms dont you think?
Because until you’ve established those presenting & orchestrating this approach (which includes the accompanying “price action”) are actually managing to generate a profitable track record, the whole thing is pretty pointless.

2000 pages and no proof of results:60:

Babypips should make it mandatory that all thread starters in the trading system section should have to post a link to performance results.

That is a superb & very sensible suggestion/idea.
Unfortunately the site admin wouldn’t go down that route because virtually all of these instructional threads would resemble a ghost town & barely manage to attract views into double figures let alone the thousands.
It would also impact negatively on their advertising revenues. :wink:

But i bet it would certainly open folks eyes to the reality of what actually goes on behind the scenes :slight_smile:

Now come on pip old chap (Joey)you cant ask people to leave a public forum because their ideas don’t agree with yours,hearing different points of view helps us grow as humans and also traders.If we just listen to folks who’s ideas agree with our own we can never hope to learn.Whether soultrain and Mr jolly are right or wrong (and I believe them to be right mostly)is neither here nor there,what we should do is listen to their valuable opinions as we do yours (and I do think its valuable.)As Ive said previously I don’t trade by Jonathon’s rules and use this forum to note levels people point out and trade from them sometimes if they fit my criteria. Good luck with your learning Joey I wish you well.

Glad to see your still at it Tony.

Hello Buster,

I am not asking him to leave because I do not agree, I am asking him because this thread is dedicated specifically for [B]PRICE ACTION[/B]. Whether you believe it works or not is [B]IRRELEVANT[/B] - it is extremely disrespectful to those who come to this thread to learn and understand and share their ideas with like-minded individuals. Are you so concerned about YOU and YOUR OWN ideas that you cannot respect someone who is simply looking to learn and practice something new? I am all for you and everyone else to voice your opinions. But there is a time and place for all things and I will tell you right now that this is not that place. I feel very disrespected simply because I use Price Action and that is a very sad thing considering I am in the RIGHT place to discuss it. I know I am not the only one who is displeased with what is happening in these forums and, like I had said before, that is why I don’t come here often and stick to the member’s forum. You can trade and believe whatever you like, I am just asking that you show [B]RESPECT[/B] to the purpose of this thread and those of us who use it as a tool to become better traders.

And for all you newbies, these fellows do make fine arguments for their point, but [B]DO NOT[/B] let them ruin your hunger for new knowledge by letting them convince you that this or that does not work. It is a very high possibility that they have tried it and it did not work [B]FOR THEM[/B]. But [B]THEY[/B] are not [B]YOU[/B]. Every trader is unique and has their own personality and ultimately will trade completely different from the trader next to them. Take everything with a grain of salt, but discover what suits your style and judge everything based on [B]YOUR RESULTS[/B], not someone else’s.

The Best to You,
Joey

The only person I care about who is managing to generate a profitable track record is [B]ME[/B], and so far, I am very pleased with [B]MY[/B] results. Do you not understand that it is not the [B]SYSTEM[/B] that makes a trader successful, it is the [B]TRADER[/B]?

Best,
Joey

Well done [B]you[/B].
Then perhaps [B]you[/B] could lead the way & be the very [B]first[/B] participant in +2,000 pages to attach a [B][U]myfxbook or equivalent[/U][/B] to your account & confirm to all your like-minded, curious fellow price action buddies who stumble across this material that it actually does indeed provide a [B]consistent[/B] source of [B]profit[/B].

Once you kick it off all the other [B]successful[/B] participants will surely follow your lead & before long the thread will be [B]awash[/B] with irrefutable [B][U]evidence[/U][/B] that this price action approach does indeed do what it says on the tin!

He walked right into that

I already know this isn’t going to change anyone’s mind, but for the sake of transparency:

PriceAction | MyFxbook

Happy?

And no, I highly doubt anyone else is going to follow my lead because my fellow successful traders are not trolling around newbie forums trying to prove themselves to people who have already disqualified themselves from attaining success in trading. No one cares what you believe. Sorry.

The Best to You,
Joey

Wow dancat you set up Pippin it Old School for that one.