Forex Price Action

I think he wanted to say that it looks like a pinbar instead of an engulfing bar on the USD/JPY.

Hey amero,

Nice to see you here in the price action thread! I have to agree with the other posters, those are not valid price actions signals. I know when you first start to learn about pinbars and engulfing bars you really go looking for them and see them everywhere and want to trade them all! I actually think that this is part of the price action learning process, Iā€™m still learning too :slight_smile:

Look at the charts and videos that Jonathon has posted again, then compare them to the ones you just posted. I think youā€™ll see that his setups are all very obvious, jump out in your face setups. The hard part is training yourself to wait for those kinds of setups!

Youā€™ve come to the right place to learn about price action, Jonathon and company are the real deal!

Heya,

we like to keep this thread for PA convo only and keep other stuff out of here to keep thread rolling along nicely for everyone. I will PM you with your answers.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Hello and welcome,

okay so we never trade on Monday from the last 4hr candle of the week. The last 4hr candle is made up of hardly anyone trading and the people that are trading are just covering and exiting positions for the week. many false signals. So Monday morning trades should be no lower than daily until the big guys wake in the UK/US. This would have gapped above those toniy pins anyway making the trade invalid.

What I will say about the others is the area is the number one most important thing when looking for a trade. Think of it like this: To make a winning trade we need others to agree with us about the direction of the market and bid it higher or lower for us to make a winner. Keeping this in mind we need to enter at areas that others are likely to buy/sell. The last price action signal is just what we use for confirmation to enter. This gives us the trigger and helps define our risk for a trade.

The area is number 1!! It is everything!

You should always have your S/R lines marked before looking for PA and not the other way around. People when they find the PA signal first and then go looking for the S/R to match up will end up convincing themselves that price is at a good level.
Mark you levels and then wait for price to give you a signal to enter at them.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Hey all, Thanks for the helpful comments - I think I will take a re-read and then try again :slight_smile:

Hi Filipl,

Because i made that post before joining FSO, i will explain it from the point of view i had when i made the post.
NB: the SL (as I explained it) was NOT 10pips below the entry price, but 10pips below the SETUP LOW
I got the idea out of an introductory pinbar tutorial i found when starting out on price action.
This was how I did it for all setups whether on H4 or D1, and it worked for me.
Sorry i canā€™t go past that; hope the above is clear.

Cheers!

Goodstuff sensei!

Just want to ask. What time in EST does pepperstone 4hr ends?

Wellā€¦uhm,
-> The current 4H candle closes in about 20mins ( 1200H GMT+3 )
-> In GMT/UTC time, that is: 0900H.
-> EST is GMT-4, so that will be: 0500H
[ Essentially, EST is currently 7hours behind the current time showing on Pepperstone MT4 ]

Note: I assume this is more for your own convenience and not whether or not the Pepperstone charts are NY-close or notā€¦

Cheers

Thanks for the info. Getting confused with my live and demo account since they dont have the same time frame. A while ago I saw a chart with a pin bar I thought it was already closing in 5 min . I posted the chart in here.That was 4 AM EST. I was wrong. The pim bar moved after 4 pm. So I deleted the post. I really appreciate you answering petty quesions.

Hi Christina, all,

These are good questions. For quick reply, Iā€™d recommend mailing to Johnathon directly at this email [ <[email protected]> ] ( coz sometimes BabyPips has restrictions on whether you can PM someone based on post count, etc ). So youā€™re assured he can also respond back to you ( and in good time ) when you send direct to his email.

Cheers!

No problemo mateā€¦
I could be wrong but i think with daylight savings: since you SPRING-fwd and FALL-back, before you moved the clock forward, the 1200GMT+3 candle was ending at 0400EST (GMT-8).
Do you have a new H4 candle now? (started 30mins ago?)

the candle is ending 4 o clock estā€¦but right now in new york they use EDT wich is GMT -4
remember it is summer in new york too.

anyway if you using pepperstoneā€¦its all good you can rest assured you got the right chartsā€¦or any package that is GMT +3 ā€¦rest assured you got the right charts.

What do you think about this setup, a rejection candle on a suport zone anda a trend line zone.

Sorry nctrades, I do not see any setup here (which is the ā€œrejection candleā€ ?)

Johnoā€™s method says:
#1: Key S/R zone
#2: Then: BIG OBVIOUS PA signal

In this case, we are trading level rejection without bullish PA confirmationā€¦
It may probably work out, but itā€™s not this method. So iā€™ll pass.

Cheers

Hi guys I have recently found this thread and am coming from more of an intra day background. My biggest problem is the inability to manage an ā€œscalp tradeā€ I have a method that works but I also have a full time job. Swing trading and position trading will help solve this problem. I can scale my method to the larger timeframes but am unsure of how to place stop losses on a 4 hr? Is there a general rule? Or do you just place stops based on ATR or recent swing high or swing low? I realize itā€™s a matter of controlling risk and you can do this by trading smaller lots ā€“ which means smaller profit until you gain confidence. Anyone out there with information on how to manage your stop on a Daily, 4 hr or 1 hr chart?

dudest,
The pin bar I saw was not convincing. Anyway hereā€™s another setup has not entered yet. Any comments

Train has left the station. This is of and gone. Donā€™t gp chasing trades. I promise you many more will form!

Hi bygjj!

My thoughts:

The level looks ok ( rejecting 1.2900 BRN )

The pinbar is not quite at swing high though

The pinbar did not close within the previous candle (compare high of previous candle -vs- close of pinbar)

There is much choppiness on the way down, potential danger.

Will probably go down in the short-term, but would keep me awake at night if I took it (coz of reasons above). So Iā€™ll pass

Cheers!

Thanks Johnathan and Dudest for sharing your thoughts.