Forex Price Action

Yes this is the pinbar. Is this valid?

Hi Lovac,

Implicit in Johnathonā€™s reply is his opinion of the pinbar.
As a rule of thumb, A+ PA signals need to be large, obvious; to stick out from the candles around them
Price seems to be climbing abit, but the size makes it a pass.
[ PS: as earlier mentioned on the thread, may also be a good idea to avoid USD pairs on NFP day ]

Cheers

Hi Johnathon

Just wanted to let you know Iā€™m lovin the thread.

Iā€™ve only been studying trading for about 6 months now and have never really found a trading style that Iā€™m comfortable with, until now.
Iā€™ve always been afraid of long time frames and have stuck to 1m, 5m or 15m, with mixed success.
I ve so far placed 4 trades using price action on a 12 hr chart (3 of them on a demo account) and all have been profitable, with no staring at the screen, cursing because a trade is going against me.

If there any other PA Traders here in the West Midlands, Iā€™d really love to hear from you.

Thanks once again Johnathon, youā€™ve really got my attention

Martin

Hi Martin

Iā€™m from the north west,

Nice to have you aboard.

Thanks Prediter

Iā€™m from NW originally too, home town is Wigan

Martin

hi johnathon,really enjoying your threads on price action,ive learnt so much already,many thanks.i do apologise if youve been asked this question already but could you tell me when you enter a trade do you take into account news releases,regards garry

Hi Garryl,

Below posts might be helpful on News subject:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-121.html#post347429
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-123.html#post347806

In short - he doesnā€™t.

I learned to swim in Wigan International Pool (if it still exists) and played Oboe for Wigan Youth Orchestraā€¦ but since joining the RAF, I have since lost my northern rootsā€¦ a bit of a shandy drinking southerner to be fair!

GG

hello I donā€™t understand 2 bar reversal properly. and also how to trade it according to you?

Johno answered already by saying TINY!

Its the big bars he likes.

Cheers

Go to forexschoolonline, read and re-read

If you still not sure join his site.

Cheers

Hi maxim!

Here you go! The 2 Bar Reversal

many thanks filipl,very interesting.

thank you :).
also how do we trade pin bars, engulfing, 2 bars reversals & inside bars according to Forex school online method? do we trade the break of the pattern? like entering after the high or low of pin bar is broken? or another method?

Sorry all I have been super busy.

I am back now and will be around this week so if anyone has questions or setups post them up!

How was this Pin Bar setup on Oil? Got sold of solidly!

Looks to be a few good setups coming along this week so I will be back and around here helping out.

Talk soon,

Johnathon

Here is Daily chart of EURNZD. Any signs of strength in this pair should be looked upon as a chance to sell with the trend.

I am looking for strength (pull-backs or rotations higher) to get shortā€¦

Hi Jonathon,

The AUDUSD has a pinbar from a few days ago. It didnā€™t look that strong to me at the time so I kept quiet. But on Friday when the NFP data came out the AUD rolled ove, so the signal proved to be right.

If you can check it out and comment on it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There is no Pin I can see. Can you load a chart so I can see what you mean please? Make a lot easier to help youā€¦

I will do that for you tomorrow.

Hello there!

Iā€™m kinda new here, altho I have been trading for almost 3 years (mostly learning). I always got this feeling that PA is one of the stystems that is worth studying and spending your time on. I have read many books about PA, candlesticks, etc. And now I found a thread, where someone finally approved my logical thinking (all the info you can easily read from the chart and candlesticks aka PA), u donā€™t need to spam your charts with useless and laggy indicators (which I noticed after 1 year trading and learning and came to a conclusion that indicators are such a waste of time and money to learn and spend on).

I have read almost all 200+ pages and have spent more than a week and I donā€™t regret it, because this is one of the threads that is definitely worth reading and studying. And all thanks to Jonathon and other senior members! :wink:

Going thru all these pages, I think I have already learned how to manage the traid and got the ideas that Jonathon didnā€™t want to tell everyone, because it wouldnā€™t be fair, but if u read very carefully every post and follow every chart, it is possible to understand it, ofcourse, with some logical thinking (canā€™t have it if I have almost finished 2x universities - engineering and the second - finances, both lasts for 4 years to get the bachelorā€™s dagree), I mean, u canā€™t just look at the chart which Jonathon have posted and see the money management he uses, but summing up all the charts and posts, u can tell it! :wink: I hope Jonathon will continue to post his charts the same way he did after what I have said! :slight_smile:

I got 2 questions:

1. Altho I know how it works, but still to make it sure - when u say u are splitting your 2% risk in 2 - 3 portions, how do u manage to do it? Are u simply just placing 2x - 3x sell/buy stop orders at the same price (a total of 2%) or are u manually closing, for example, u open 1 position and then, after price hits your desired target, u close 0.5/0.33 lots from your opened 1 lot and let the rest ride (setting the BE ofcourse)?
  2. Not related to this topic, but still - Jonathon can u please tell the name of the drawing pen u use in the videos?

I will be posting charts and my comments after Iā€™m done with the reading (60 pages left).

I really wanted to post this for everyone here reading this threadā€¦ as one wise man said (one of my favorite aphorism or expression, call it as u like):
[B]ā€œPatience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanishā€¦ā€[/B]

• John Quincy Adams

Reading thru this thread and analyzing it, [B]PATIENCE[/B] is one of the [B]MOST IMPORTANT[/B] things I have learned, it helps u to save your capital and not to get into fail trades (altho nothing is 100% right, but still it helps u to be profitable over a longer period of time and this is what we wantā€¦ Donā€™t we? ;)).

Safe trading,
Richard