Forex Price Action

Nice downtrend there, but what I don’t like with the BEEB is that it has a long lower wick. Bulls are still fighting the bears. What I am looking for is if the daily will close a nice big BEEB.

You’re right, this BEeb is not so strong.

geospace.

It all depends on which pieces of this trade strategy you choose and/or comfortable with. I’m averaging 4 or 5 trades a week looking at daily charts and sometimes the 4HR (nothing smaller). I’m looking at 5 different set ups. Just don’t over trade…as in find trades that aren’t 100% in your trade wheelhouse. If you set your rules and follow them you’ll be fine. It’s better to lose opportunity than cash (as my good friend says all the time). If you don’t see a set up that meets your trade criteria then move on.

I admit, I tend to trade the S and R lines more than just seeing a chart pattern at those lines because “usually” there is a bounce of some sort there regardless. So far so good…but again, you have to be comfortable with that.

Good luck!

By ‘set-ups’ you mean pairs, right? So about 5 trades per week per 5 pairs, trading D1 (mostly)?
I just saw that Jhonathon’s last login was in 2014, from his profile. Looks like he deserted this forum. I was hoping for his response, too; he doesn’t seem to answer his emails, either :frowning:

So by setups I mean a reversal pattern at or near support or resistance. Something to act upon or take a position on. I usually have 4 or 5 trades open at any given time each week and some of those stay open over the weekend. Sometimes “the anticipated move” takes longer than a couple of days.

Johnathon hasn’t been on this thread for a while and, from what I have read somewhere here, he was removed from babypips…why exactly I am not sure. I would post the link to his site here but I think that may be why he was removed (breaking the rules of babypips - promoting or linking to other sites). Don’t quote me on that though…I’m just guessing.

Nice thread. Keep it up.

It’s really a good news. I know many books about this.

Geospace your answer to Wafikjabra’s question is SPOT ON!

Wafikjabra the BEEB you speak of played out very well, the succeeding candles sold off and hit the most obvious support area we would expect the market to hold. Where did you place your take profit?

Hello Guys,

i found this thread a few days ago and first i must say thanks to all for this nice information store !!!
Its realy awesome!

i got one question. i see this very large bar in Daily Chart NZD/CAD here.
i read in the thread before that the bigger bar is the better, is that correct ?

Is this a good trade ? (the stop loss will be ~200 pips away, because the bar is so big)

thank you for comments

regards

sorry for my bad englisch

I am assuming you are referring to a long on the pin bar looking reversal? That pin bar is not valid, did not close within the previous candle including the wicks.If it was valid, it will require a larger reversal bar for my liking.

Hey all

Going long on EURGBP BUEB. Formed at a key level and the low of the range. Looking to take half off at TP1 and move my stop 45 pips below my entry to give it more space to move higher.

Joey

the problem is some people are so ignorantu they don’t know how to differentiate

Hi Pippin it old school , remember tomorrow NFP is coming out at 1330 gmt and that report usually moves the markets. Just sayin :13:

Thanks for the heads up Tony! I am well aware :slight_smile:

Hello,

i found this Pin Bar on Daily Chart GBP/CHF Today.
Do you think this is a good Setup for long entry?

furthermoresSecond questen. i found on the same chart in H4 Timeframe.

Is this a correkt bullish engulfing bar? (because the open of the first candle is higher than the close of the second). Does this made sense?

Thanks !

Hi nightmare77 , it looks good , however soon the markets will close for the week. I would wait until the beginning of the week and if it still looks good , then after 3 hours or more after the market opens, i would take the trade. Happy week end and make that $$$.

that engulfer is not right for sure …
and I personally wouldn’t take that “pinbar” either cause in my point of view this isn’t one … (yet)

Thank you for the response.

you are right, in the first pages of the thread i read “never trade the last candle of the week” :slight_smile:

That BEEB is sure decent in size and at the swing high. As you have drawn it on your chart, the bounce off a mid support level. NFP can conjure up random price action but I have no problem taking that setup since it is a daily.

You have a choice of GBPJPY EURGBP GBPCHF

to me none of the three charts mentioned actually have a pinbar since the wick should be 2/3 of the rest of the candle, each time that’s not the case … I would pass on this …