Forex Price Action

I have it marked here on the daily

If you take the indicators off, it’d become much easier for you to spot S/R zones, Jonna was against all these crap indicators.

Where can you see that I used the indicator?You don’t seem to understand my question, but thank you for the answer

NZDUSD 4H
Is this A+ deal? S\R is on the daily chart, but this is a contrarian trade, but this S/Rhas been tested many times before, so can this trade be done?

I think he means the yellow and black Moving Average lines that are on your charts mate. As Ali said, Jonathan was against using those and it does help clear up your charts if you remove them. Do you use those to identify the trend?

Did you entered that trade? I didn’t find a good PA signal until it was way below the zone

It was meant to be Moving Averages,they are indicators in generic term.

Since the course is currently closed and I couldn’t find any guidelines to that matter in this thread, what should I do? Perhaps someone who was a member could explain that, or show where we could learn more about it, I would highly appreciate that.

1 Like

No I always take any intraday trades off levels I mark up on the Daily.

For me price was sitting right under the daily level that had been broken so i would’ve stayed out, even though this did go on to print off some pips.

What’s your actual question bud and I’ll try to help out.

It’s about trade management (the active part, not position sizing) and maybe other aspects of trading that might be important (only who is trading for years would know what are these aspects, I don’t), that Johnathon didn’t reveal at that time because of his students in his course and etc…
I recently joined this thread and already studied all the key concepts, but maybe some things may have gone unnoticed by me so that’s why i’m asking…

Trade management is the toughest part of trading. Ideally we want to see if we can hit a 70% + win rate with a 1/1.5 R:R

Just a couple of charts to look at.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update… I was waiting for a retrace back at D1 Resistance at AUDUSD, do you think it’s valid if it gets there or it’s yet too close AKA without room to breathe?

I wasn’t a member but here are some articles that Johnathon wrote about trade management that could be of help

1 Like

OK, I see. I don’t use the moving average very much. I just put it on it. I misunderstood it

You could look at that level, especially on the intraday charts where you get more ‘room’ to play trades back down Short.

I know Johno didn’t especially teach rising/falling trendlines but they can be a useful tool to have in your tool kit.

Here is how we’d trade one on the EUR/GBP. First my trendline is marked off the Daily charts. Price moves up slowly getting squeezed and drops off Resistance via a PB on the Daily.

Then all you need do is pop down to the intraday charts, in this case the h4 and wait for a break of trendline, followed by a retest and then look for some Price Action to Short. In this case an Inside bar. Pretty simply stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks Bryce