Forex Price Action

What PA signal triggered you into the trade?

Fil.

Heya,

all I would say is look at the size of the pin you traded and the candle previous moving up before the pin. On the chart below look at green arrow compared to red ones.

USDCAD 4HR CHART

Johnathon

I am using a breakout strategy

Can you detail and explain your strategy so we can all follow ā€¦ As I can not see any PA in your chart. Thanks.

Hey anyone looking at gold?

Yeah it looks small compared to those with the red arrows. Got to be really strict next time! Thanks for clarifying.

Iā€™ve got another set:
Is my level correct? And is that a bearish engulfing?

Would I be right to say this is a 2br? if i combine it with the candle before it it would really look like a huge pinbar.

And lastly, would you trade these two? Thanks.

We donā€™t use breakout strategies in here, so Iā€™d suggest opening another thread to keep this one clean. I really want to focus on learning here a solid ONE method without any noise from other stuff and I bet there is more ppl like myself. Hope you understand guys :slight_smile: Thanks. Fil.

I donā€™t watch gold on my charts but in this situation Iā€™d suggest waiting for the price to pull back to the top of the range (as it just broke out of it), and wait for some PA to go long according to Jonathonā€™s strategy. Although it might not pull back, it doesnā€™t happen all the timeā€¦ Fil.

I managed to catch that breakout on my demo account. Mind you, I did not profit near as much as I would have liked just because I do not like how gold moves. I did however TP at around 1630. Jumped in at about 1620.

You could tell for the last 3 months that the resistance line at around 1616 was getting tested. Sellers definitely were getting exhausted so it was not a surprise that it shot up.

PS. This was a reply to Kimonz

Yep thatā€™s a BEEB and yes also 2 bar. BEEB is in a lot of traffic and would be better a bit higher. The 2 Bar also has traffic above in the way of a proven resistance area but is clear bullish signal.

Good luck!

Sorry Phil, I started a new thread for a breakout strategy ā€¦ 301 Moved Permanently
If you have any experience with breakout strategies please contribute ā€¦ Happy trading.

Heya,

anyone catch the Pin on the GBPNZDā€¦

GBPNZD 4HR CHART

Does anyone else see the BUEB on the GBP/CAD H4? It ended at 1.5736. I would post snapshot but Iā€™m under my 5 minimum post level.

You can post charts, just not links right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Technically yes it is but it is trading from an area we donā€™t like to enter. This would be buying high and selling higher. We look to buy low and sell high or buy cheap and sell expensive. The best areas are the areas from value. I have recently written an article explaining this.

The upside is price has been moving higher and has now broken out of resistance. If the support holds price could move another leg higherā€¦

Good luck and look forward to seeing your charts when you can!

Johnathon

Hi thanks for answering. Could you point out where the traffic is in both pairs? Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, Call Me Maybe here. Didnā€™t know it was my friendā€™s (sicnarf) that was logged in on my computer.

I will do one on NJ as past mid night here and going bed. The other is AUDSGD and if you look at price before the setup you will see choppy everywhere.

NZDJPY 4HR Chart

I just realized the British had some fundamental news being released causing a quick surge in price. Made a quick 20 pips price stopped at a resistance level. Iā€™m amazed by how price action set me up properly to capture the fundamental news with no knowledge of it coming

P.S. I have to post five times before I can include an imageshack code(link) so you guys can view my charts. Thanks alot for the response!

Cool thatā€™s very clear, thanks for your help Jonathon.

Hey Johnathon!

Iā€™m confusedā€¦ Isnā€™t the daily trend bearish on this pair (GBP/NZD), so shouldnā€™t we look for bearish PA? How many daily/H4 candles are u using to determine the trend in this method thenā€¦? I know we treat each time frame seperately, but yetā€¦

Richard

I believe that the pair is actually ranging. There were 2 tests at resistance and 2 tests at support. It was this hammer with a very long tail that was the indicator that we were about ready to break out of consolidation and into the bullish pattern that was there on 8/9 and 8/10.