Forex Price Action

woops … sorry boss , didnt refresh b4 I posted , u beat me by a 7 minutes lol
but will throw up a chart of yours later , an you can show me where i got it wrong
cya pw

Walker,

I replied within 1 hour.

Cut me some slack. I try to help all but sometimes you will have to have some patience.

Hi pw,

I’m not the boss :), but essentially, the 2BR bars need to be mirror images of each other (give or take), with preferably the 2nd bar closing past the opening of the first bar to signify strong reversal.

Quick examples attached

Cheers!

Great examples!

Thanks Boss :slight_smile:

1 Like

A pin bar forming here if I’m correct? I know I have to wait till it closes.

P.S. also if anyone could tell me how to highlight or draw arrows to selected areas of interest I would greatly appreciate it.

Is this next setup one we would want to avoid? Nice bearish 2BR though. I believe it is going against the general trend and may be in a retracement period…

Hello Jonathon,

even though I already posted this chart yesterday as a possible setup I have to use it again because it is still not 100% clear to me if we treat this as down or uptrend.

Looking at the quotes post you stated 2 methods to identify the trend.

1. Obvious price movement from left to right.
  2. 1,2,3, pattern

If you look at the chart you can see the price of 2 month and in my opinion two different trends, depending on which method you are using.
Is the downtrend (red arrows), which I would call mid-term trend, the one we are looking at or is it the uptrend (blue arrows), which I would call short-term trend.

To a certain extent I do share meadsies opinion that we are looking at a new uptrend as we see a higher low and higher high, but I think this could also be seen as a retracement of the bigger downtrend.

I would be grateful if you or some of the more experienced members here could share your opinion on this.

Oops, Thats why i am struggling this much to get the full concept. I went though only babypips post. I thought others are trading only those learning…now i got it…i am missing more content now…

Hi Aaariff,

Not a problem; just go to forexschoolonline.com >> Articles, and you’ll find them all there.

Cheers!

There could be 2 things happening here. This could be going into consolidation or ranging or it could be reversing. You would want a pretty strong bearish signal on that upper support level to be sure. Still this has the signs of a 1-2-3 reversal with that bullish pin right at that lower resistance. It isn’t strongly compelling, but it could be.

Hello, thanks Richard, yea i just see the price hit the resistence and form a good bullish bar and went down with him, i dont know about fakey setup much,it was +41pips down and i will put on BE. Really, thanks to all!

Lucas Z.

At what point has it failed?
It got to the first support/resistance (trouble area) so it delivered 100% IMHO.
I don’t think you should expect more from a PA, especially such a small bearish PB after large bullish momentum (3 green candles).

Fil.

AUD/NZD H4

It isn’t a failure per se, but the candle it formed on isn’t one that should be traded. This will result in more losers than winners.

Hey all,

have just written something up on the inside bar that some may like to read. I will not post link here as it is against rules, but sure you know where to find.

I wrote this so people could understand why we don’t trade with the inside bar but more importantly how traders can still use the inside bar in their trading without using it as a signal for entries.

Safe trading all,

Johnathon

Hello,

we are only concerned with the short term trend and not the overall trend. We are trying to get on the correct side of the market for the next swing so we don’t need to concern ourselves with overall trend.

With this in mind the recent momentum for this pair has been down. Now we look to have formed a bottom and the 1 + 2 of the 1,2,3 but not as yet the 3. Until we get the 3 which would come in the form of a new high created and closed above I still see this as a market that is trending lower and now some what moving into a range.

For this to be up we would need that next leg and for it to then continue.

Until then I will continue to trade with what we can see and that is price at resistance in a market moving down.

Make sense?

I did apologise boss, it was my fault >>screen was froze>>> I failed to refresh b4 i posted … then when I posted your posts came up, …
Made me feel like an arze actually…
Hope you can accept my apology, and thanks for reply re my query…
kind regards
pw

Hiya dudest ,
Thank you very much for posting up the pics for me , along with your explanations…
You made it so clear as to what a 2br constitutes…
So nice to see experienced members be of be of good help to newbies in here…

Kind regards
pw

Hey mate don’t stress! There is nor hard feeling in here. Just friendly place for learning. :wink:

The way I understand it>> in your pic>>> when price retraces to trade above pin high …the pin has failed to reverse the trend … thats all I meant Fil…
Please correct me if I’m wrong…
cheers
pw

Thanks boss :57: lol