Forex Price Action

what are you trading?

Hi this is on the EURUSD 4hr chart and i have circled that very long stick is this a classic indication of a bear action? It’s also on the resistance line and it stretches back and there were many support and resistances but i magniifed that area to show the bearish indication. Therefore is it safe to say that the EURUSD will be bearish?

Hey snake,

welcome aboard. Are you using NY close charts like the rest of us?

just saw this on the EUR/CAD daily. possibly someone has beat me to it. Looks like a nice PB at resistance in a downtrend. I got in on the previous 2BR and it almost took out my SL:eek:

Hi,

Could somebody tell me which broker using NY close charts?
Thanks a lot.

i cant post a link…
but have look at these…web based…

baz

pepperstone and axitrader do Lydia… demos are free
cheers pw

Thank you Walker

Hi boss,
Dont want a smack on the wrist from you… cos, dunno / not sure > if 2nd entry is what you teach , so best leave the answer to that question alone…
cheers pw
:18: :18: :wink:

Lydia, dunno what neck of the woods you from , but from the land of oz > axitrader… (Sydney) dont charge fees on deposits or withdrawals … if by direct debit or bpay and they pay a bit of interest on account balance … calculated daily paid monthly… so they told me when i called em… will prolly give em a run soon…
Hope i’ve been of some help…

cheers again
pw

Hi i’m using the OandaMT4 charts since i’m using that platform to trade.

Hi LydiaH

You can always download a demo acct from FXDD. They have NY close day 5pm /candles. Then you can simply monitor the demo acct for set ups with NY close candles and place your trades on your preferred broker.

G

Very quiet in here… gonna clean the fridge magnets ,then off to bed…
g’nite all

Thanks GPipster.

I just started trading and chose to use OANDA. I also just found out that you can’t adjust the daily candle close times.

“The daily candles for both fxTrade and MetaTrader 4 close at 11:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT-5) during the winter daylight saving time(November - March), and at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (GMT-4) during the summer time (March - November).”

With USA closed, things are pretty slow today. I thought it might be a good time to throw a few charts up to see if anyone else is like- minded . I know the markets will declare their intentions when they are good & ready and they certainly will not take any notice of what I am thinking ( LOL ). I find it a neat time to look through my charts at the start of the new bars and see if I can identify what could possibly happen over the next few days. Just a fun way for me I guess, to practice looking for good PA. I haven’t yet ventured to the 4hr charts so do not know if there ae valid signals there or not.
Any comments most welcome.
Here’s to a great week for everyone :wink:

3 other charts to share .:30:

Liking the NZD/USD it looks like it could form a perfect retrace there. Also on the EUR/USD it will be interesting to see what it does off of this resistance level. Good charting…

P.S. 4 hr charts were pretty dull also

Hi,

Adjusting the broker’s candle close times (if it were possible) does not make the charts NY-close.
That is up to the broker. NY close charts are GMT+3
Some brokers who have these: pepperstone, fxdd, fxpro, axitrader ( and hotforex, finfx if i’m not wrong )
I personally use pepperstone (forex) and axitrader (indices)

Cheers

Thanks for throwing up the charts meadsie, good stuff!
My charts are slightly different :slight_smile: [which means nothing about them being right!]

For EURUSD: my upper S/R is at the 1.2700 BRN. If price gets there and resistance holds, will look for short PA. If price drops like a stone in the next few days, will look for long PA at the below support should it hold

For NZDUSD: price is currently at my S/R zone. It’s a long shot, but it would be lovely if that daily candle could end up as a pinbar or BUEB! ( dreams… :slight_smile: ). If it breaks the S/R, will wait for it to rotate back to it and look for short PA

For USDCAD: USDCAD is just being plain annoying!, needs to show us its hand after which i’ll decide what to look for

Cheers!