Forex Price Action

Hallo peeps,

Highlighting two trades on the AUDNZD in the last week:

fxdd, pepperstone, fxpro, fxcm market scope.

Okay I have been following this thread for sometime now and I love price action trading because it eliminates all of the indicators and riff raff. But issue I’m having this week and have also had in the past is lack of quality signals. If I do see a good signal it is either at a swing high or swing low going with the trend.

My question is if a trader plans on using FOREX as a main income stream how can a price action trader maintain a consistent return in times like I’ve explained. Are there periods where some dont trade for 2-3 days and try to make up for those days when a valid signal arises?

Any comments, opinions or feedback will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the help I shall check them out. FXPro is 00.00 EST Time for daily candlestick though.

Yes proper capitalization is also another key element I left out. What would be good capital to invest initially 10-20k? With a 1-2% risk system or would more capital be need initially?

Definitely I am demo trading for 4-5 months and I will have the capital to start with atleast 10k. I feel that starting undercapitalized is a major issue for traders and sometimes why they do no see the upside in trading. They either earn minuscule gains or risk absurd amounts trying to turn 2k into 40k in a year. I work approximately no more than 4-5 hours a day on my reg job and that is a very long day for me so I have the time to invest my mind into trading.

idude,

Extract from Johnothon’s article -

“The 2 Bar Reversal is similar to the engulfing bar in that they are both reversal Price Action signals. The main difference between the 2 Bar Reversal and the Engulfing Bar is the 2 Bar Reversal does not have to fully engulf the previous candle or bar where as the Engulfing Bar does have to engulf at least one previous bar.”

In BEEB - The second candle should engulf the first candle.

Thanks
Hemant

Oanda is a good one. Very low spreads

Pretty much.

An engulfing bar has to engulf at least one previous bar but 2 bar does not. They can look completely different.

Check charts below for what I mean in difference:

Johnathon

Oanda is a good broker with low spread but it is not having NY close.

For newyork close, use pepperstone, FXDD, FXCM etc.

Yes indeed. I misunderstood the question, i usually say gmt + 2, one of the purposes for that is to get rid of the sunday candle. But for daily charts i use a demo account with ny close.

EURGBP daily trade triggered SL :frowning:

Hey!

What signal did u trade? Can u show a pic please? Where did u enter and why?

Richard

Oops!
EUR/USD
My first demo trade using PA got triggered and put out.
I think I put my stop loss a little too tight, just 5.5 pips above the support line and candle’s high.
Or the pin bar was not really a pin bar since it had little of a shadow on the bottom. Take a look at the pic and some of you can tell me what would you do differently if at all or should I have avoided this trade and why. Thanks.

Richard,

Here you go. It is my previous post related to this trade.

Did you enter because of the PB at 25.09.2012?
If so, you should not have been in the trade. The PB’s high was never taken out. My Stop Buy is still pending and I am closing it now. There was a strong contradicting bearish PA on the weekly and price seems to be going that way.

Check out some of Jonathons examples for good Pinbars.
The signal you used as a trigger was rather small compared to the large bearish candles some a week ago. I know we dont here that often…but size matters :wink:

Hey, maybe try on the daily timeframe first as a new trader! AND zoom out a bit and take a look at the bar sizes around. That is a tiny pinbar with no momentum in it at all

niX1990,

Yes, i placed order at the open of the next candle.

Then later i realised the entry point from Mr.J video.

Entry should be placed 5 pips above/below the wick…based on signal.

A pin bar is invalid even if it closes outside of the previous bars open and close. for example a bearish pin bar would be invalid if it closed under the previous bars body(close).

Yes I noticed that on the pinbar, I didn’t really liked the pin bar that much. I was using a demo that’s why I went for it anyway and it is also the reason I don’t like using demo accounts to practice, I tend to get into the “let’s see what happens” mode. I’m a lot more careful when using a real account even though I only buy macro lots when practicing (1000 units) even though is very little it’s enough to get rid of that demo mode of mine.