Forex Price Action

Mate we spoke about this before you entered. We spoke about bulls not being in full control. To read that post again see here: 301 Moved Permanently post 3853

Then as someone else has said you should not have been in this setup as it never broker higher to where your entry should have been.

All these things including rules etc are all covered in the first lot of pages of this thread. I think if you commit to reading them and my articles/videos you can eradicate all these basic errors.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

You should not have been entered yet as the low has not broken as yet.

Johnathon

Time for some housekeeping in this thread.

This thread has helped a ton of people and continues to do so. I also intend to keep it this way helping people for a long time to come.

It is becoming clear that a tiny majority are expecting help from the great traders in here, when they wont take a moment to go through the basic requirements we ask of everyone. These are easy and are found on page 1 post 1.

Before posting in this thread all we ask is you read the first 50 pages or so. We ask this because 90% iof your questions will be answered in these pages. This is why it is so clear when you haven’t done it. If you are going to post charts and want help with setups we also ask that you use the same charts as the rest of the group which is NY close 5 day charts. You can get these in a ton of places and if unsure just ask. We also ask that you keep inline with the method and techniques we are using. Don’t discuss news events and who’s speaking at some upcoming conference etc etc

That’s pretty much it! We are pretty easy going and you will find we are open to answering nearly all questions.

Lately I have been getting emails from people a little worried about this thread. I understand there worries and wont this thread to continue helping people learn price action and get away from the indicators!

What we use works and you can also learn to trade how we do also. Just please follow the very easy rules.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Hi Johnathon,

Yes we discussed about this trade, even you posted charts with line drawn from top of Pin bar.

Actually i posted the chart after i entered the trade wrongly.

I did read all the pages…i will go through again in this weekend and catch with all members again on monday.

Aariff

What do these terms stand for? VBRN, BRN and RN?

Idude,

Above Housekeeping message is for me, you and some more newbie for this thread only. We have been asking for Basic information when it is available in the first 50 pages of this thread.

His post clearly says RN means Round Number, BRN - Big Round Number, VBRN - Very BRN.

I am going to read again the first 50 pages…Better do it for our survival in forex.

Aariff

Johnathon-
Your this post might get lost here after few more posts on this thread.
IMO, If you edit your very first post on the very first page, new people coming to this thread will sure read it.

Hey thanks mate,

Everything they need to do is on the first post, including the requirements I have written in that post above. There is no excuse and the silly thing is it actually helps and benefits them. If people continue to fail to do these simple things I will just have their posts deleted.

Johnathon

What do u mean by a 12 hour pin?

Well, I think he means a Pinbar on 12h timeframe.
If you look at the D1 and see a 2BR you are basically just looking at a D2 Pinbar.
With this method you could just take 3 four hour candles and blend them together in your mind.

Also you can create a whole new timeframe if you want. MT4 has a tool called “period converter”.
You will find explanations on how to use it on Google I think.

Hai Guys,

EU Daily, Resistance Become Support , Please some advice

Hey HeriFx,

we already talked about this chart 2 times in the last 3-5 pages.
You can stay updated on the thread by just clicking through the new pages looking for trade ideas that have been posted.

Regarding the EURUSD heres a quick summary. Please keep in mind that I am also still learning.

• PA signal: 2BR with a good bullish close.
  • Level: Okay but not perfect as the wick barely touches the Line.
  • Size: Good but not as huge as we want it for an A+ setup.
  • TP: The position should be split up in at least 2 positions with different TPs. On the way to your marked TP is a VBRN (1.3000) that has acted as S/R several times in the last months. In my opinion that should be taken into account with a TP1 just a few pips below that level.

Julien

Hello All,

Hope everyone’s weekend went well. I have a quick question. What is everyone’s opinion on holding trade over the weekend? I know its personal preference but with price action alot of times your trades may not reach TP levels or become stopped out before NY close on friday.

Im demo trading right now and I left some trades open and got caught in the pre-weekend sell offs :confused: Any feedback is appreciated as usual

We set up our stop losses for a reason. If you use proper MM and your trade was already in effect at the end of trading on Friday, you should stick with it. I have 3 trades in place over the weekend that were based on daily or weekly candles. One is up and two are down and close to stop loss. I set up my plan and will stick to it.

Great post!

Hi Johnathon,
What are your thoughts on the below setup?

Nice pin bar on weekly Gbp/jpy
formed over area of logical resistance
Has nice amount of retrace
Is it too risky to trade because of the previous spikes through this area?
How far back do you look for when you look for these uncertain areas? Its just that recently the price action seems fairly smooth, but the further back I look i can see the large candle tails that extend past the possible entry point.

Also,
Can you show us some screenshots of your more recent trades over that last 2 weeks? so I can see If they are the same as I picked.
Thanks,
Mudz

Hi everybody, i’ve read this thread from the first to page 159-th and all of PA is very clear. Thank you all for your knowledge, experiments and sharing, Mr J. and friends. you help me so much to get myself go right when i lost all of my money (all salary) for the first times of trade with fully disappointing.
I begin again with demo account from Pepperstone. I see signal in 4H TF for AUDUSD and CADAUD. For instant with AUDUSD:

1. Swing low in 2 or 3 weeks
  2. 2BR 've just completed.
  3. a resistance at 1.03936, just take into attention.
    I go long. first TP at 1.04296, second at 1.04665. SL at 1.03250
    any comment is welcome :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

I’m new and learning for PA. I found that this pair is going to shoot up after touch the support bar.
After the candle touch 1.25075 or 1.23713 and confirmed with the candle. It should most probably shoot up.
Please advice if I got mistake. Sorry for my bad english. PAIR:AUD/NZD

You are correct on the reversal signal but this pair seems to be ranging/trending down… We try not to do any counter trend trading here so it would be best to label some possible resistance levels to monitor and look for price action signals that will allow you to hop in on the trend down.

If you already entered the trade best of luck to you it is still possible that it works in your favor, it just isnt a A+ setup

Heya Mudz,

if you back some pages I have already covered this in 2 separate posts.

Johnathon