Forex Price Action

Since price action methods just use candles, could a trader use price action methods and trade on an iPad?

Sure, why not.
Iā€™m more than certain we have few players in this forum using tablets.
Some use them for placing orders, others just for managing current trades.

Fil.

Absolutely! I use my iPad for all my intraday trading, I highly recommend ā€˜trade interceptorā€™ app, I use it for my charting and then have an app with my broker (fxcm) to place my trades. With trade interceptor you can do a lot, I also like the price alarm feature where you can set alarms for when a pair reaches a certain price so I donā€™t have to check my charts much at all when managing trades!

An intraday trade Iā€™m in right now (gbpaud short) was spotted and orders placed on my iPad, handy for the guys who work during the day!

Regards
Steve

How do you guys watch so many pairs on an ipad?

Trade interceptor is a great program I do more charting from my iPad than my laptop because I like it so much.

Looking at pin bar on daily E/J. Opinions?

Edit: My images come out poor quality for some reason.

Whoops forgot the image of usd/chf daily pin bar I was looking at to.

Same here!

@wiggles Iā€™m not sure I understand your question, but with the trade interceptor app you can choose from a long list of currency pairs to watch.
(By the way Iā€™m not affiliated with trade interceptor in any way!)

probably just unfamiliar with the app, but flipping through 16 or so pairs would seem like a lot. i have a nice sized monitor with 8 showing at a time i can just glance over them real quick.

I guess if that trade app has tabbed charts it wouldnā€™t be bad at all.

It has a popover list where you can click on the side and choose the chart pops up on the right I will attach a screenshot

Thanks for all the feedback on using iPads.

I am new to forex (traded emini systems for a few years with mixed results). I have been enjoying the price action discussions and I love the chart reading. Besides the babypips class and reading all these PA threads, any other words of advice to cut my learning curve down would be appreciated.

Current Trade Ideas:

Only downside of this trade is that it is not at a swing high like I would like but the bears seem to be in control here. Nice pin and the previous pin that was similar ran down to my TP level.

We have a BEEB at a high point of a good size PB few problem areas below the trade would have to be managed closely.

Good pin at bottom of a range. Range has pretty distinct S&R levels.

Pin due to rejection of a RN

Any thoughts on these? Iā€™m not taking each one of these just some thoughts and charts I wanted to put up. I cannot take all because some would violate my risk tolerance due to some having exposure to the same currencies.

Best,
Big D

P.S. I just noticed some of the candles arent as clear I will try to zoom my chart next time.
1st pair: GBP/USD
2nd pair: CAD/CHF
3rd pair: CHF/JPY
4th pair: GBP/CHF

Sorry about that

ah ok, wow that is nice.

Hi Bidg!
I have been on GBPUSD for 2 weeks on SHORT, took profit and let a free-risk position run! Itā€™s now +250 pips and just for me, it can go any where it wants. Itā€™s really bearing.
the CHFJPY is good for bulls( IMO) and im in!
thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

What do you think?

downtrend slope be careful :smiley:

Resistance 0440 i donā€™t see , it seems weak

ah ok, thanks

What do you mean?

Hmm. I shorted usd/chf based on daily pin bar and overall trend seemed to be down. Was this in error?

hi Guys,
I have a bit of difficulty seeing the PA on some charts being posted . For my tired OLD eyes , it would help if posters could either change the background colour of their charts or even better - zoom in so bar sizes are larger and separated from each other a bit.
As we are all following the same charts & looking at exactly the same thing, it is not so important to see all historical bars on every chart. I appreciate any help you can give this old trader ( LOL )
:wink: