Forex Price Action

Silver has a little more room, im looking to short usd/chf this week. What are the rules for trading the weekend open again?

I like the silver set up.

http://clip2net.com/s/2Gf1p

Plus it’s. BRN 30.00!!

RMc

lnteresting…lets see how it develops…

Nice work , thanks :slight_smile:

lnteresting…lets see how it develops…[/QUOTE]

let you know we dont use indicator ,price is our leading indicator…

I have a question regarding pivot points.
Forex Pivot Points | Pivot Points | Learn Forex Trading
Are these pivot points of any use?

Take a look at this forming setup on AUD/USD 4 hours chart. I know it is againt recent momentum but it is what Johnaton is talking about.

Sorry for quality of the picture but i dont know how to make it better.

Johnathon hello, can you ask you 2 questions?

First, in this thread on first page you post this pic:

And you say that this is engulfing bar, OK but I found one site where is writen this- Engulfing - MrSwing.com
Recognition Criteria:
• The first day’s color indicates the trend of the trading day.
• The second real body should have the opposite color of the first real body.
• The second day’s body should completely engulf the previous day’s body.

So, on your chart by this criteria I dont see any engulfing bar becouse your previus bar is not opposite of that “engulfing” bar you say. Can you explain wich is the true? Which to believe?

The secound question is if this thread as titled “Forex Price Action” is full price action information, why nowhere I saw other candlestick patterns? Inside, outside bars? Doji, harami, dark clouds, gravestone doji… ? Not always near swing points has pin bars or Engulfin, may formed other patterns, so what, to Ignore them and wait for only this 2 signals (pin or engulfing)?

Market is such a messy place, you have to be very picky about the choices you make. A lot comes into consideration: spread, closing time, news, mass histeria and so on. In this picture large candle engulfs not only the previous bar but the whole previous swing. As they say - the bigger the better. In the end that candle finishes what it it started. If you see that your bar doesnt meet all the criteria - dont trade. But when youre 10 years into the business youll think and see things differently. Thats what i think…

Repetition kills it - dont stop repeating.

I have attached two charts Pepperstone is left top and FXDD is bottom right. The two charts are more aligned then Oanda MT4 due to NY 5 day close. I took the suggestion to chart on the 5 day close and execute trade on my preferred broker. Question is the S&R can be drawn at different levels on Pepperstone vs. FXDD, how much difference will this make? Second question is that being that neither aligns with Oanda should change brokers?

Hey Pips4u. Peperstone chart looks legit because it uses NY closing time, what is very important. The difference in one or two daily bars per week does not make a big difference when it comes to support and resistance. Looks are different but values are the same. One shows pinbar the other shows very powerful candle which appears in stocks market and rarely in forex because fx market is open 24 hours. To avoid confusion and to be on the same page with most of worlds traders you should stick to broker which offers NY closing candles on demo account. Hope that answers your question.

Hallo pk,

They are of no use.

The cleaner the charts the clearer the mind of the trader.

The most recent S/Rs (above and below current price) work just fine for this method.

Cheers!

Hallo GS,

I’m not Johnathon but wanted to chime in a hopefully helpful reply.

Price action [i.e, analysis of everything that price is doing and has done (as shown on a chart)] is not new.

What Johnathon did was internalize the concepts and come up with his own style of trading price action.

In his style, he’s stuck to the candlestick patterns that give his method a definable & definite edge [ hence pinbars, 2BRs & EBs @ key areas & @ correct swing points ]

With this in context, how others define their edge and patterns does not matter to this method ( i hope that comes across right and makes sense ).

My advice: looking at multiple sites/systems will confuse you. IMHO, this method will sink in much faster and easier when it’s the only well you’re drinking from. [ I know, it sounds counter-intuitive, but so is much about trading profitably :slight_smile: ]

Cheers!

Hallo pips4u,

IMHO: Choose one charting demo, and run with it.

I personally trust Pepperstone (and HotForex and AxiTrader ) charts more than FXDD.

It is ok to have a demo for charting and then place trades on your real broker ( I know Mr J does that ).

I guess the decision on whether or not to change brokers depends on which makes more business sense (taking trading as a business).

Hope that helps, cheers!

Yes, now is clear, just this is him method based on Price action. :slight_smile: Thanks that explain me, just I want to learn correctly this price action trading and I search and read every day a lot of information, maybe there comes and the confusion.

May I ask you just one more thing about S&R levels?

Here on this pic-GBPUSD (for example) I drawn 4 lines but 2 yellow lines (the smaller) doing that the room seem very small and no place to entry position, I thing the lines are correctly drawn by me, becouse has many points, if you where on my place would you trade from yellow lines, or will wait price to tuch some of the blue (bigger)
If you are possible to draw more than 2 lines on one chart (and every of them will be correctly drawn) how you decide which of them to draw and which not? I guess that we have try to draw as possible as less S&R, am I right? Im confusig here becouse we have one big Engulfing bar from blue lines, but after that pin bar from yellow, so which has to be the correctly signal here?
Here is and the chart:

Hi gangman

Have you read the first 50 pages and watched the videos. If you do… you will answer your own questions. It’s ok to ask questions but to DYOR is vital. And johnathon has put the research on a plate for you.

Regards RMc

Man, I read almost 400 page in this thread but not everything has answer in this 600 pages… If I was found the answers of my questions already, would I write again and ask you for help? No, maybe you dont understand what confusing me… did I not explain well my questions? :confused:

Ok ok, I’m sorry to bother you, will

Regards

For those that trade inside bars, would this be the type of bar you look for?

If I am not mistaken, yes, it is inside bar of the previous daily bar. Very nice level. However lets see how this plays out. Because on the weekly chart it shows beeb. Although Im pretty sure they always say not to mix up two timeframes.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in the thread and I would like to thank very much Johnaton for starting it as well as all other members and contributors. I became interested in Price Action trading last year after realizing that my very much “sophisticated” kaleidoscope charts would do me only psychological harm. Actually, I am reading the thread from the very beginning and still not have finished it, although some considerable part is already done.
I would very much appreciate your feedback on the following setup EURUSD h4, (provided the 2BR is done since the last candle is still being formed):

Thanks in advance!