Forex Price Action

Back to page 1 for you.

Russ

Hello) What i am going to ask you may bother johnathon and other senior members in this thread but sorry i have a ask it because i didnt find explaination for this anywhere in this thread.
VBRN(very big round number) for example 1.600 is used at important support and resistence levels.Ok ive got it.But price could get a support or resistance at prices like 1.601 or 1.612 etc.What is the exact logic behind considering such VBRN,s at support and resistance levels?Should we have all zeros behind the decimal for declaring it a VBRN?Finally I would like to ask about the identification of VBRN,s at S&R levels on many charts in this thread i saw 5 digits after the decimal like 1.29170 but my broker use 4 digits after the decimal for example the current quote for EURUSD is 1.3315 and for pairs like USDJPY and GBPJPY is 89.74 and 141.93 respectively,so do it matters anyway for the VBRN,s? I know this sound like a childish question but it was just confusing me specially when i think about the importance of VBRN,s at S&R levels.
Thanks.

it doesnt really matter if the S/R is 1,6000 or 1,6001. S/R is almost never the exact price, its a zone like 1,5990-1,6008, because every broker has a different data feed. First of all recognise the S/R and then mark VBRN like 1,3000 or 1,4000. They are more psychological prices, because lot of traders watch them.Johnathon teaches us to draw just a line, because it makes clean charts, but S/R is never one price, Hope you get my english:-) take a look on E/U chart for example

my chart ready to take a trade

Ok, just went through some charts and saw this currency pair that I have never traded. Price has been in a downward trend for some time on the daily chart and if price was to pull back once again to the 1.23330 level then a price action signal to short could be well rewarded. I think this may take a few days more to develop though. Is anyone else watching this one?

I am actually more keen on seeing a breakout and pullback to go long as this market looks like it may have bottomed out and has been making higher highs recently. Look at the reaction last time price found resistance at that level, it sold off briefly and then turned back up

Thanks. I hadnt considered that. Wouldnā€™t that be trading against the overall trend? I guess PA will show us how to tradeā€¦really appreciate the feedbackā€¦keeps me thinking.

No worries mate, I must add that I am just finding my way as well so please donā€™t do anything based on my opinion!

Dont get me wrong, a nice juicy pin from the level you have marked to go short would still be a good trade. With regards to the trend, a swing traders we look primarily at the intermediate trend which for the past 10 days has been up and a breakout of that key level then pullback/PA would strongly suggest prices going to move higher. Also look at all that beautiful space to the left if we were to get long :slight_smile:

Hi buddy,

This video will help you understand why s/r is never a single line, but rather a zone and why.

As to why there is a difference in numbers of decimal places - it depends on the broker, some give you extra information by providing pipettes, not just only pips, but I am more than certain you can google that; letā€™s stay on the topic and focus on charts :wink:

Fil.

Anyone take it . iā€™m out because long time sideway :frowning:

Thx for posting up the vid Fil :cool:

Hi Johnathon,

Have sent you an email on your FSO id a couple of days back.

As I have not received any reply am not sure whether you have received my email.

Regards
Floyd

The only email I have from you 8 hrs ago. Give me a little time and I will get back to you.

Johnathon

Hi Johnathon,

No probs was not sure whether you had received my emails or not.

Please take your time - no hurry.

Regards
Floyd

Hi johnathon

You asked a question re silver pin bar daily.
Any tips on my trade?
I think I must have been the only 1 to take it on here?

Cheers RMc

I didnā€™t take that trade. Thought it was too close to the floor, not atleast 1:1. In which case It wouldnā€™t have hit my tp yet, and would be losing right now. If I managed it well though, I would have hit BE.

Has anybody here found good trades on the currencies? I havenā€™t seen any this month, and it did look like I missed a couple though.

its been a very quiet month but trades on the daily charts are like womenā€¦

USDJPY 4HR Chart

EURNZD Daily Chart

Silver daily chart

Johnathon

i dont understand, in this month some pair is slow,but yen pair is monster tell me why daily charts are like women

a buying opp in nzd/usd

Wrong thread Vasude as we donā€™t trade IB breaks or Indecisions candles in hereā€¦