Forex Price Action

But the resistance on AUDNZD 4 hr is actually support on weekly chart. The AUDNZD is in a support zone if we look at weekly chart.

The two levels I marked are both from the daily where you can clearly see the resistance price rejected and then the recent swing low which would be where price could test.

Hi, Iā€™ve been following this thread for a while and have been trading Price Action for a number of years. Hereā€™s my first post:

Iā€™ve been taking a look at Crude on the 4hr charts which suggest we could be in for a continuation of the bearish momentum weā€™ve seen this week.

Thereā€™s a solid bullish trendline thatā€™s been in place since the start of the year. Yesterday saw the price break and close below the line. Today the price as pushed back towards it, however at the time of writing appears to be rejecting it (see chart below)

The price has also found a good area of support/resistance at the 96.85 area, which again the market appears to be respecting at the moment. (see chart below).

Finally thereā€™s a nice 50% retracement of the most recent downswing; again, the market appears to be rejecting (see chart below)

Depending on how the current 4hr candle closes (in about 30mins time), a solid sell signal could be produced. At the moment the candleā€™s setting up as a bearing pin, rejecting three strong resistance areasā€¦ although anything can happen in the next hour.

What do you think?

UPDATE - 4hr candle didnā€™t show much of a rejection and failed to confirm a bearish signal.

Did you take this trade johnathn??! If the answer is no, could you please explain why??!! I really thought it is A+ setup.??!!

No I didnā€™t take because of the levels price was trading into that I posted. That does not mean that the signal is wrong to take. Still has plenty of time to work out just did not fit my rule set.

Sorry johnathon I got a bit confused. I did not add the previous level of S/R of the market to my check list. Yes you have emphasized million times that we must not trade into S/R. But this setup is not like this. Is it ??? Moreover this setup was exactly what you have been talking about throughtout this thread. We even had enough room to trade into for this setup. You have showed many example just like this on the thread. But you never mentioned about previous levels ? Please look at one of your A+ Setup you have posted before.

Two different scenarios. The example you have shown is rejecting a super solid level and trading into very minor levelst. The other (eurusd) is formed at a level that is not near as important as what the example you have highlighted was. The EURUSD level is very minor daily level unlike the example you have posted. The eurusd has two solid levels to fight through where as the example you have highlighted pretty much had a free run back down to the recent lows other than one very minor level in between. You will also notice on the example you have highlighted all the very short term momentum is down very strongly where as the EURUSD whilst still being in an up-trend is not showing any where near as much momentum in itā€™s favor.

Two very different tradesā€¦

Hope this helpsā€¦

Johnathon

Oh and I am not for a second saying that the EURUSD is not going to work out. You asked if I took it and I did not. I like to have a very strong edge in my favor which was nearly but not quite there for me on this one.

Hi) I am asking this question again because i didn,t get any answer.So please some one here please tell me.
I want some help from senior members regarding VBRN,s(very big round numbers).So far theoratically i understood S&R levels,price action signals,FSA,FRA etc well enough.I am making misktakes though because i have no practical expereince of analyzing A+ setups.But i have no sound knowledge of using big round no,s in the analysis of A+ setups.So i would like to ask some questions.In case the presence of a big round no at the resistance area does the bearish PA signal candle suppose to close below the big round no so that,s mean the price is rejecting the big round no? And what does the big round no suppose to mean at the support area?In case if the vbrn is not like 0.9100 and it,s like 0.9106 so we need to round it off? Finally does the importance of the big round no stands equally with the other PA ingredients while baking the A+ cake?
Thanks.
Tahir.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-686.html#ixzz2K2IoItPC

Hopefully Dudest or Bhops will answer for you as it is 130am here and going to bed.

Night

I got immpressed and now i can fully understand how much you are picky for ideal setups.! This is the reason you always get hunted by the setup rather than hunting it. Right ??!! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your attention.

Hi Johnathon and Seniors,

A simple newbie query - What determines a change in trend? What is the factors to be considered for a trend change?

To keep matters simple for determining a trend - I look at a chart from left to right

A)If the chart is moving up from left to right then i consider it to be in an uptrend.
B)If it is moving down from left to right then i consider it to be in an downtrend.
C)If it is moving horizontal then i consider it to be not trending.

Additionally, I apply the concepts of Higher High and Higher Low or Lower High and Lower Low - based on Dow theory - but this could be a bit subjective.

In scenario A) above when should one consider the uptrend to have ended?
In scenario B) above when should one consider the downtrend to have ended?

using pure price action.

Also, how much data should one plot on a chart in terms of number of hours/days/weeks/months before applying the concepts mentioned at A), B) and C) above.

The above is relevant for the purpose of taking trades only in the direction of the trend.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Floyd

My First TP level got hit and i moved the second to BE :slight_smile: Although maybe it could have been wiser to move to BE when price was higher but as I am not still so much skillful , Preffered to save the capital . What do u think guys.??!

Sorry for the bad quality image because I made it with my tablet .

no ur chart is clearā€¦and nice to here some good words like Preffered to save the capital. that is the one of keyā€¦

there is a always a good chanceā€¦and we must be there for thatā€¦

The setup looks like it will be stopped.
What was wrong with this setup?
There was a small support area below 2BR.
On a 2 day chart this 2BR looks like a big bearish pin.

we can discuss lot more and ā€¦more depth regarding BRN and VBRNā€¦

but my 2cents isā€¦

we need to read support and resistance as an areasā€¦but not particular no.

so if we have a VRBN not more than 5-10 pips then the whole area will be treat as R\S level. in this kind of situations we need very very clear break of the level or rejection of the level. other wise we should not risk our moneyā€¦

we need more conformation in this kind of situationā€¦

some times the price may close above or below the level or at r]s level or at VBRNā€¦but it may get rejected or may be continuedā€¦in either case we need strong conformationā€¦

[B][I]i look for those no( especially VBRN )ā€¦in the direction of my trade. if that is very near to my entry then i will not risk my moneyā€¦[/I][/B].

let our seniors answer ā€¦we will get more clarityā€¦thank u.

Is this setup or trade a good one? AUDCAD H4.
Same direction as trend , PB closed above support, daily and weekly support.
But has this PB formed at the bottom of the swing???

I am a newbie and need your opinion . Thanks

@ gehadegā€¦i wouldnt take itā€¦pinbar against overal trend and not really sticking out. at least wait for the ny close

Konan, thank you for replying.

no problem