Forex Price Action

Hey Dudest,

Great job! Do you mind sharing what broker you use? I’m using Alpari US and IBFX and neither one have the same 4H candle patterns you post. I wish they did:) Dailys have a bit of difference but not as much to change the look of the trade.

Or maybe it doesn’t matter just trade the charts and set ups as they appear on with my brokers? I don’t know, any thoughts?

Thanks

Hey dhopp011

We use NY close charts. I use pepperstone.com charts.

Hi dudest
Only thing is I see resistance on daily chart at 1.3255 exactly the level the 4hr BUEB formed. Maybe the safer way to play this would be wait fr resistance to break and wait for price to then test this level as support and wait for PA to also form at this level
Thanks
Dipak

Hey dipak

Like Johno says, dont worry about daily if you looking at 4H.

But yes, that is what im looking for.

Try the charts at www.tradingview.com
I have two instances of metatrader installed, one being my live account but prefer the tradingview charts for many reasons.
Pablo

Lets move on everbody.

Please stick to learning and teaching simple Price Action.

Back to it…

How was this wicked Pin Bar at previous resistance on the 4hr GBPJPY? Very obvious of a clear level. Simple trading at best.

Johnathon

PS: I will be back around tonight my time to reply to a few posts.

Hello,

we all use New York close charts. To see the same setups as us, you will need to trade using the same charts.

Now just downloading anybodies metatrader 4 will not give you New York close charts. Most people don’t understand that the MT4 charting equipment all has different time closes depending on the broker and what data they use.

To download a MT4 correct timed charts (NY close) you can go here: [B]Pepperstone MT4[/B]

Other NY close charts with MT4 that I know of are both FXpro and FXDD.

Hope this helps,

Johnathon

Update: trade exited earlier today with a bow :slight_smile:
Price may go down lower to next support, but i’m fully out.

Cheers,
Dudest

And how! :slight_smile:

Saw it before leaving for home (late) so unfortunately had no time to post it up, only to set entries. (I put TP around the bar lows near round number of 132.000; have re-marked the chart to reflect the support where the move stopped )

Dudest

Hey Dudest nice trading but I have one question. have you considered yet maybe splitting your trades in 2 and taking one portion off the table where you have and moving to BE and seeing if you can get on board the occasional runner?

Personally if I was in the trade I may have a 2nd portion still on the table and be targeting the price at around the ‘maybe’ mark.

Just food for thought. Once again nice trading though, a winner is a winner.

Yes I have to agree and also recommend this. I personally either split trades into 2 or 3 portions.

The first can be taken of as market makes profit available and then second can be held onto for the trades that turn into large runners.

If you are sticking to only trading A+ PA signals your win rate should be high. This means you risk reward ratio will not need to be as high as someone only averaging 50% winners for you to stay profitable.

In saying that though you do need to capitalise on the winners and let them run when you can. Of course you need to protect your and target logical areas for taking profit of but when the big winners come they cover any losses you may incur.

By only having 1 portion your risk reward will be small if you are taking profit of at the first area. Like I said this is okay if your are having a high win rate. One loss for you could wipe out 4 winning trades and so it is important to take the extra profit when you can.

Hope this makes sense???

Johnathon

Johnathon, Bryce, you guys are the real deal, this is the kind of good-stuff that keeps this thread great!
It makes alot of sense.

Actually, i rarely ever open 1 portion of a trade. E.g, like for this particular trade, I had 2 positions. Same to the earlier GBPJPY pinbar trade.

Sometimes, i’m honestly a bit more paranoid about protecting capital than usual ( having been wiped out once at the beginning of my trading career :confused: ). That said however, i practice a mix of the **3 protection strategies, depending on my (developing) trader’s gut feeling.

In saying all that, the main point I now remain with from your advice is: I need to capitalise on the winners, and let them run when I can; it is important to take the extra profit when i can.

Cheers

** The 3 as i remember them from Johnathon’s articles/videos/threads

1. When first profit level is reached, move all stop losses to break even, and let the trades run
  2. When first profit level is reached, take profit on some of the positions (e.g 1 of 2), move the SL’s of the remaining ones to breakeven and let them run
  3. Take out full profit when first profit level is reached.

"** The 3 as i remember them from Johnathon’s articles/videos/threads

1. When first profit level is reached, move all stop losses to break even, and let the trades run
  2. When first profit level is reached, take profit on some of the positions (e.g 1 of 2), move the SL’s of the remaining ones to breakeven and let them run
  3. Take out full profit when first profit level is reached."

Yep, you got it!

1 Like

I have just finished making a new video. This video was about a setup I posted in here on the USDCAD daily Pin Bar.

I hope you enjoy it,

Johnathon

1 Like

How do your members feel about you giving so much free info away?

I think that his members get this info in real time we only get to see the videos after the trade is over so they must be cool with it :wink:

Hey spongybob

Thanks for the reply, but just curious why we wouldn’t worry about the daily s/r when looking at the 4hr chart? I personally only trade the 4hr chart if I see 4hr PA forming at a daily s/r

Thanks dipak

Hey dipak

I too used to look at daily then 4H, I USED to follow Nial Fuller. You see the same S/R levels on the 4H as you do the daily and some.

I see it as, the intraday swings you dont see on the daily to manage your trade.

Some trades im in. Got a little trigger happy!

Text book stuff!

Its all about the waiting for A+ trades. I always wanted to be in everything:30:

Lastly my CADJPY 4H off old support new resistance. The pin WAS NOT the biggest most obvious and ONLY took the trade as it was a rejection off resistance.