Forex Price Action

Too close to the weekend for me to be taking any 4hr trades, I will be waiting until next week now

joffie

You can use 8hr, 12hr and 2 day charts, mainly I like to use the 2 day chart with showing the combined 2 candle reversal from the daily chart, just gives you a much clear view of the chart this way, with how big the pin bar stands out and if it meets the pin criteria.

joffie

My analysis,

The market is forming lower highs hence i would be more bias for shorts than longs.The level is key ,i agree and we could see an upward move.But am watching from the sidelines.

giddy

The strength of a support/resistance level is based on how it has held up without being broken.The other aspect is that key resistance may cause large price direction change while near term/weak resistance cause small price direction change and easily broken.Hence if you see you are selling into a weekly support ,chances are that it may hold,but its not definite,but it increase that chances since it has been respected before.

So you will always find levels along your way, but you need to determine if they are key or near term and the overall market condition.Also trade management is essentials,meaning you may decided to sell into support and once price hits that level you move to BE,do nothing or take profit.
Price Action Holy Grail - Support and Resistance
you can also read more from jonathan website.

But the more you trade ,the more you appreciate the importance of this level.
giddy

That’s allright guys. Thanks for that information.

Yea i agree i also use such charts as they offer more trading oppurtunities.Sometimes you can,t see a setup on a 4 hour chart but you can find a good one on a higher time frame.

Your chart is different to mine, so I did not have the engulfing candle.
Possibly the difference is because some brokers have already changed to summer time in line with the US.
My charts are still at GMT+2 and will change the last Sunday of the month

somebody ready to discuss this chart:-) I am aware of RNs

This is not a 2BR. The reversal candle must close below the opening of the previous candle. Inside bars aren’t used for reversals and I would be careful with those two day pins. If you do some back testing you can see that blending the candles to make a two day pin happen all the time.

Please respect the thread and the people in it and DO NOT post indicators.

Hey all,

have been busy and not feeling flash hot lately. Will look to be in here more from Wednesday this week answering questions and posting etc.

Safe trading to all,

Johnathon

Just read the first 100 pages of this thread and skipped to the page 650 to be updated on recent posts. Just like to thank filiplezny for his notes which helped alot understanding this thread . Will learn and practice more before I start posting on this thread :slight_smile:https://www.evernote.com/shard/s85/sh/3bcb539b-f9f1-452a-ad23-f4a647a3d7ab/30ad9afccc1982d7a81fc40e02f3cad2

you are right I misinterpreted 2BR, thx for pointing this out

Hi guys. What do you say about this two trades?
EurNzd

And EurCad

Hello everyone)I have pretty good understanding of the pin bars,engulfing bars,inside bars.But i am a lil unsure about how exactly a two bar reversal looks like.Sometimes i confuse it with the engulfing bars.Please any senior member here who is reading charts for a long time period tell me that the below two images are valid two bar reversals or not?

Secondly i have read in this thread many times about not to trade on mondays as the signals are less reliable made by the little trading sessions.And we have to wait till the close of the london/new york session so later we shall get the reliable signals created by the big guys.Should we avoid all pairs on monday or just the ones which have USD in them?
Thanks.

Hi, yes I also liked the eurnzd 4hr set-up, as last week on friday we had price after broken the round number of 1.5600 came back to test with a pin bar, then this morning another test with a engulfing candle, good trade mate.

The eurcad on the other hand I was still seeing a daily in a up trend and waiting to see if price could break the round number of 1.3200 to the downside, which looks like its currently doing this today.

One other thing not sure what charts your using but there not looking the same as my pepperstone new york close charts!

joffie

GBPCHF Hotforex H4 bullish engulf setup … is it New York close 5 day charts ? cos i can see little different bar in the pepperstone chart. Which chart should i follow ?

GBPCHF H4 Pepperstone setup

The difference between my and your chart can be on hour zone… I use alpari.co.uk charts…

Edit: Now I’ve seen that from 11 march the charts shows difference, before 11 march I haven’t difference between alpari and pepper… Anyone can tell me why?

what do when this type of candle appear?..i am new in forex…please help me…