Forex Price Action

Hi Jonathon and co,

I have been following this thread for quite sometime and the trading methology and doing quite well so thanks for creating it.

I have a question in regards to JPY pairs. Do you trade them/monitor them now that the BOJ is using monetary stimulus to create growth? As they are abit unpredictable.

Hello everyone)As we know all yen pairs are strongly bullish for quite a time.Yesterday i took a long trade on CHFJPY daily chart which i want to share.This was a very interesting trade.The risk reward was greater than 1:3.

That,s how i planned to manage it.Usually i divide my trading space into two take profit levels but this trade was a big target so i divided it into three take profit levels.

Thats how i locked profits at TP1 and after it hit my TP2 the trailing stop function was activated.

And one huge bullish candle hit my all three take profit levels) And it,s not closed yet.I think this strong bullish momentum is gonna break the range.

Thanks
Happy Trading

Congrats marketdeal. No matter what is going to happen in the news, we can see (anticipate) from the price action (chart). We need to stick with our system and follow it completely.

Well done with the CJ.

Happy trading.

Thats a nice one Remitu. Good work

Hi marketdeal,

Great work managing the trade and congrats on the locked in ka-ching!

Just one concern: that pin was really small (actually, it’s not a valid pin as per Mr J’s rules).

Glad it worked out, but not a good idea to make a habit of taking those

Cheers!

dude, this make any sense?

happy NFP day.

Hi dudest)Man i understand what you said above.Before taking that trade the size of the pin bar alarmed me but it was a valid one,opened/closed within the previous bar ,wick 3 times size of the body and it sticks out.The overall confluence was good that,s why i decided to take it.

You said it :slight_smile:

A+ setup:

1. at a key level / at correct swing point
    [B]2) large & obvious ( i.e decisive )[/B]
  2. (preferably) with the trend

Yes (with slight correction)

Happy NFP day to you too :slight_smile:

The Week Ahead

I would just like to post a couple charts and some stuff for us to watch in the coming week. Hope you guys find it helpful!

The first that im going to be watching next week is the GBP/USD. It broke through recent resistance and is looking like it is starting a little uptrend. Look for price to maybe go up a little more then retrace to the support zone. Watch for a bullish price action setup to go long.

GBP/USD Daily Chart

The next chart is the USD/CAD. Price is coming down to a strong support zone and we should be watching how it reacts around it. If a bullish trade setup forms then we should look to go long. If price busts through the support zone then we should look for price to pullback to the support zone then look for a bearish trade setup to go short.

USD/CAD Daily Chart

The last chart is the USD/JPY. Price has busted through the resistance zone and is looking like the uptrend could be continuing. Watch for the price to retrace to the resistance turned support zone then print a bullish candle to go long.

USD/JPY Daily Chart

Very detailed analysis. Good work. Keep it up

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Agree with the GU, however I would say the trend has started and now looking for longs on intra-day and daily charts is on from the same level you have marked. Can see bulls taken control of this and any rotations back to the support you have marked could be met with a swift move back higher if the level holds. This new support level plays as critical now for any movements over the following weeks.

Not as keen as the USDCAD. This pair is choppy at best of times and taking trades from large retrace areas can be risky with this pair. My support is slightly higher where we can see price tested on Thursday where it found support and burst back higher on the Friday only to hit resistance and close well off the daily highs. If this support breaks I will continue to look for shorts especially as we can see the 1,2,3 reversal from the high has clearly been made. Until the support breaks I will be cautious as it would not surprise to see a little bopping up and down in between the resistance and support before making a move either way.

USDCAD DAILY CHART

And definitely agree with the USDJPY and any trade in this pair has to be long at this stage. My level to look for longs is slightly higher, but def agree here. Some are worried that this pair and other JPY have gone much higher and very fast and concerned it could end but realistically this could just be the start of a much larger move and whatever happens it pays to trade with what we see and not what we think.

Safe trading this week,

Johnathon

Hello everyone… great thread my first post here while still reading previous threads. Seems like its alots of them and alot of info. Though would already like to contribute and engage.

I am waiting action on AUD/NZD 4 hours which is already in a downtrend price is playing around a solid round number of 1.2300. Could get some nice short opportunities here.

Hey robocop,
Welcome to the thread. Yes this thread is great and can really help develop good trading habits if followed with discipline. Some quick advice though, this trading method doesn’t allow the use of indicators. It’s one of the rules to remove all indicators before posting charts. It’s all about keeping things simple and indicators tend to complicate decisions. It would be appreciated

As far as the audnzd pair,
Are you waiting for a retrace? Did you mark your level off the daily tf?

Hey Team,

First time posting, finally read the first 50 pages or so. Did not know ANYTHING about PA when I started. So I am only 1 week and 50 pages (on this thread) schooled up on PA…

Here was my humble attempt this weekend to identify some PA on daily charts. I only found this potential PB on the daily GBP/CHF…

Hello Johnathon is it work advice …

Advice …Johnathon

I m new in Price Action: is my idea correct or wrong. Expert opinion asking…for EURUSD

It might be right somewhere,but it is wrong here. Follow directions in the first post.

Russ