Forex Price Action

It looks valid as far as basic requirements of a pin bar. However we don’t want to be trading every pin bar we see. You want your signal to be sticking out and be bigger the it’s previous candles. Those two bearish bars before the tiny pin would be enough to keep me from trading it.

:slight_smile:

Been away for a while. Trying to catch up with this great thread. Is TradingwithpriceAction Mr. Fox? Is twpa website forexschoolonline? Confused…

No he isnt vsthakar, only one king here and thats Mr Fox!

I have a question regarding the setup that was posted on Facebook about the EURGBP Daily pinbar.

I didn’t consider this is a pinbar because the body aint 3x the size of the nose.

Reading the article on FSO about the pinbar and it says:

A Pin Bar must have:

• Open and close within previous bar
  • Candle wick minimum 3 times the length of the candle body
  • Long nose protruding from all other bars (must stick out from all other candles)

Now i think i might be mixing up the wick (highest and lowest point of the candle) with the nose.
(Seeing most examples posted that have a nose at least 3x the body)

So to get it clear for me:

When deciding wether a pinbar is formed i have to look a the entire wick to decide if it is at least 3x the size of the body (and not just the nose)?

Remitu

Hi All

Brand new newbie here

Jonathan- Thanks for this excellent thread, the concepts are well explained and the supporting articles and video’s really helped

To everyone, thanks for your contributions which really helped to re-inforce my understanding of PA concepts

I have been demo trading for only 3 weeks, in the first 2 weeks I read Nials articles , the Babypips school, and some other PA threads on Babypips, while floundering around on the H1 charts 50 + trades in 2 weeks :58:, with depressingly predictable results

Week 3, came across this thread- whoa!!!, this is what I have been looking for, a simple and effective method, well explained and easy to follow

Pin Bars- I thought I knew what a pin bar was, after reading this, obviously not, now it is clear

S/R Lines,- in the beginning I had S/R lines plastered all over the charts, going back to the dawn of creation, now I have only 2 in the relevant areas

Trends: same as S/R lines going way back, now only look at the recent trend

Value areas- Swing High/Lows - now clear

Risk/Reward:- up until now I had blindly followed the 2:1 ratio, without thinking about what could be likely obstacles to the trades progress

Now have to finish this read, up to Page 212, only 601 pages to go, and studying the charts and picking up on the principles mentioned in this thread

Cheers, profitable trading to all

Wee

Just reread my own question and the article on FSO and it is clear to me now :slight_smile:

I have to look at the entire wick (from top to bottom) to decide the size.

Dunno why i was confused all of a sudden :frowning:

Remitu

Hi guys,

I have this incomplete weekly PB on my chart, any comments welcome.

RJ

Hellow, here is a setup I took on the GbpUsd on the H4, already took full profit of it. It was a 2 Bullish bar reversal/ almost engulfing bar, for me it was at a really good swing area, was a very big sign and had a very strong close so it was a go for it. Any comments or thoughts? would you have taken it?

Regards

For me it is against a very decent uptrend and it is a little down from the point I would like so it will be a pass

Regards

Don’t worry about that generic Mr Fox, I don’t think he will post anything in this thread anymore.
BUSTED!!
But i wonder he might keep copying materials from here and open his own thread somewhere and promote “his” knowledge and merchandise stuff there.

How do you guys manage (If you are in) Eur/GPB? thx for your inputs

I will probably hold over the weekend…

I know that we don’t use fundamental analysis in this system but now I think its good to exit EurGbp positions because we don’t know what will happen’ in G20 meeting and we can expected a big gaps on Eur/*** currencies. I open position on PB (EurGbp) but I Close it because the low volatility (On downside as I expected).My first rule is to protect my capital.

Advice guys where will go?

Hi everyone)Since march i took 8 trades so far and 6 out of 8 were successful.That,s 75% win rate.Total pips gained 487.I think it,s time to go live. Gonna take my next trade on a live account)
Thanks
Happy Trading

Goodstuff mate. I have about the same win rate but a few less trades for the same period, off the daily chart only. Just do exactly what you are doing on demo and only trade A+ setups like the big man says.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Hi Cams75)Thanks for the appreciation .You have the less trades for the same time period because you only traded daily charts.I also trade 4 hour,8 hour ,12 hour and 2 day charts.Switching higher and lower will offer you more opportunities surely.Also most often switching higher and lower helps you in trade management for example you have a daily pin bar setup but because of the choppy areas it is difficult for you to manage in such case just move to the 2 day pin bar setup(only if you have one) with no choppy areas and manage it easily from that time frame)And yea you are damn right there are no short cuts results come up with time.1-2 winning/loosing trades mean nothing.

Hi Johnathon,

First of all, sorry for my English
And thanks for open this thread for us especially for beginner like me… it’s very very useful, because im started learning price action lately about 3 month… after get tired find any indicator that match to my trading style… and finally i realize to simplyfy my trading style just like u said

I’m not finish yet, read entire thread… But there something in my mind, i would ask… what if the trend turns to opposite…
Just my example, pair USD/CHF, Daily time frame
Green arrow is for sell, when trend is down…

But could you tell me (better with picture also), what should i do when trend turn into uptren from downtrend …and cant find S/R on monthly/weekly time frame…

Thanks before for your kindness to answer my question…
RN

Hahaha I noticed this a few weeks ago and wondered what his plan was. Keeping asking questions and making posts and then all of a sudden come out telling the world how he is the man! Quite funny as this is starting to happen a lot. We had another member from here a month ago go over to FF and start a new price action thread that started with “I am a pro trader that trades with price action”. What this person did not know was people are smart and you can’t trick anyone because people are very switched on to rubbish. The funny thing was we were able to show the people starting to follow him through his thread the posts of a few weeks earlier asking what support and resistance is and what makes a pin bar! Hahaha makes me laugh.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

No mate. Just someone else who posts in this thread.

Hello,

when posting a chart can you please post the pair and the time frame so I can have a look on my charts and get back to you with a detailed reply of what I am seeing.

As I don’t know what you are looking at I can’t comment on this one as whilst I can see the pin I can’t see the level or the story of the price action on the chart.

From just your chart the pin is very small and not commanding at all. For it to be a super trade the nose would have to be far bigger sticking right out away from lower prices.

Safe trading,

Johnathon