Forex Price Action

This is a daily chart of XAUUSD. Would the last two bars be classified as a 2 bar reversal? I know todays bar haven’t closed yet, but if it ends up looking something like it does now?

Would any of you open a trade based on what the chart is showing here?

The next picture is a trade I opened on the EURGBP 4H earlier today. The white candle looks like a pinbar to me, which just about touched my resistance line at 0.8500, before forming a very long wick. I opened a buy stop about 5 pips above the body of the candle, set my SL about 10 pips below 0.8500 and my TP about 10 pips below the next obvious ressistance at 0.8600.

Does this look like a “solid” trade to you guys, or did I make any mistakes? :22:

For the 2 bar reversal, it is not valid since it is at a swing high. A bullish 2 bar reversal should occur at a swing low to be valid. Right now you are essentially saying that you want price to continue up, not reverse.

In the second chart, it is a pin bar, but you are trading right into a resistance level highlighted by the dotted blue line, and above it, it is really choppy. Also Johnathon teaches us to trade pin bars at the break of the wick (upper wick in this case), ~10 pips, not the body. The reason being you want to confirm the pin bar is valid, and price is going the direction you want.

Hello Dudest!
I want to download the Multi Purpose Trade Mangement Indocator but I’d like a PDF or document explaining how to use it, can you please help? you said you use it that’s what prompted this question. I could have sent you a private message or email but I can’t seem to do that because of my limited number of posts.
Thanks a tonne.

Hello Dudest!
I want to download the Multi Purpose Trade Mangement Indocator but I’d like a PDF or document explaining how to use it, can you please help? you said you use it that’s what prompted this question. I could have sent you a private message or email but I can’t seem to do that because of my limited number of posts.
Thanks a tonne.

Bullish pinbar reversal on D1 USDCAD

Think you got the wrong pair mate. This is what my chart looks like on the USD/CAD D1 time frame.

Just a little word of warning, I wouldn’t be trading the AUD short right now. On all major crosses it looked like a bottom had formed yesterday, and the economic data that has come out has made the AUD a strong buy again. Also today our Reserve bank meets for interest rate decision. If they don’t cut the rates expect a bounce up a bit further.

is this a pin bar? looks pretty good, also right on a support line. And what do yall think of my pending order? i have the entry right on the resistance line, and my stop just above yesterdays open.

i agree with ya. longing AUD(by shorting GBP) order got triggered and is doing awesome!

What pair is this? Also the candles in your chart are way too small. I can’t really see anything

Sorry, it is the GBPCAD pair

Ah I spotted that too, but I didn’t take it since it didn’t open within the previous bar.

Good to see you contributing here mate ! :). With GBPCAD, unfortunately it did not form a valid pin and even if it had, it was trading straight into resistance.

I can see a few potential opportunities on 4h timeframe today for those who are in front of their computers at UK open today.

I like it. Quite close to my own system. All the best…

Raj

Mate, It is all factored into price and price action … :slight_smile:

Thank you trader! I didn’t catch the open above the previous bar like revival said, thanks for catching that!

I had put a pending order under the Pin bar and waiting the price break the lower pinbar.

@traderamature

Thanks for posing this reading…

Hallo,

I’ve sent you a Visitor message.

PS: it’s not an indi, it’s a Trade Manager EA (i.e, manages your trades according to pre-defined rules whether you’re there or not)

Cheers!

Hi,

Would like to comment but don’t know which pair or TF this is…
[ though if my eyesight serves me well, that looks like an inverted pin to me => you’re shorting into support => not kul ]

Cheers