Forex Price Action

Thats a gd idea actually , but it needs you to micromanage the trade though right?

You shouldnā€™t have to do any micromanaging. About every 4 hours I take about 30 seconds out of my day to scan through my pairs on the H4 chart. If I happen to have a trade open at that time, and I need to move a SL, thatā€™s when I do it. Once at break even, you can just let it run until it hits your limit or your SL. I usually spend about 5 minutes a day total on the charts.

Better luck next time:)

Revenge does not work. If you take this you will be buying high from a swing high. Which you should not do. If you stick with johnos method you will only take A++ trades and your win % will be close to 90%. I just had 2 trades so far in june - both winners. Patience is a must for anyone starting to trade in this way.

Raj

I was actually joking with the ā€œrevengeā€ wordā€¦ hahaha!
But anyways, thanks for the kind words to remind me :slight_smile:

Its better if you can show us which trade u took so maybe i can learn from you as well?

Jack.C

5 min a day!? thatā€™s pretty efficient
Does it include looking for setups and placing orders?
I think i need 10 eyes and 10 hands to do thatā€¦lol :slight_smile:

I used to trade in a very similar way to you earlier and i was reasonably profitable but after incorporating johnos method into mine, my success rate improved, my live account grew faster and most importantly I lost fewer trades and overall trading stress reduced. But everyone is different as traders (if you closely observe dudest, spongy and bhops in this thread you will see that they all trade slightly differently even though they all are johnos students) and each to his own. Good to know about your way of trading btw.

RAJ

Could you make some simple image on this topic, please, as I donā€™t quite understand your technique. Thank you!

It went lower and hit my SL just after triggering my buy stop order. this is one of the worst scenarios that could happen. from entry to SL(nonstop).

Haha, you can get there too. Itā€™s a 3 step process. All of my graphs have 2 horizontal lines. The nearest resistance and the nearest support.
1)I click through all of the pairs to see if price is at or on a S/R line I have drawn.
2)If it is, then I check to see if a high quality PA setup has formed.
3)If I decide the trade is worth taking, I then plan and setup my trade.

Checking where the price is, and see if a PA signal has formed at the lines takes only a couple seconds. Getting to step 3 usually happens once every day or couple days. Generally if you are spending a long time trying to analyze a trade, the trade probably isnā€™t very good and you are just trying to make it work. The good trades are really obvious.

I am probably going to make this my last forum post on Fib retracement entries, since entry on the price action break is promoted here and I donā€™t want to confuse people. If you want any more information on it, feel free to shoot me a private message and I can answer anymore questions about it.

I unforunately donā€™t have a screenshot of a trade iā€™ve taken recently where the pinbar was directly above support. If there was a trade like that I most likely wouldnā€™t take a retrace, but rather enter on the break of the resistance. But I can show an example of a retrace entry on a trade iā€™m in live right now. This is the CADJPY. I decided to enter at the 61.8% fib, and price hit my entry and literally within just a few pips immediately began moving with the pinbar. In this trade, if I saw near term traffic, I could take profit at the break of the pinbar, and move the rest to break even. Which means even if the pinbar is unable to play out, I am guarunteed some profit. In this case, I didnā€™t want to take profit that early, so I am letting it run. While most people are just entering on the break of the pinbar, and getting in on the trade, I am already up 120 pips on it. Because you may lose a few more trades or have a few more scratch trades, pocketing profit you make on the retrace becomes important.

Same here hahaā€¦
Donā€™t worry. Next time :wink:

Thank you Krugman, as a total noob Iā€™ll stick to classical Low/High break for now, but your method was worth studying.:57:

BTW, both USD/CHF and GBP/USD (daily) hit SL, and frankly - after studying all the comments regarding these trades - it does not surprise at all:37:
USD/CHF:

GBP/USD:

I posted this setup yesterday and this is how itā€™s played out.

Daily View

If it close below 0.7200 hard today, its a Nice BEUB to take n have MUCH room for movement.

Looking closely on this one!

Jack.C

Nice one!!!

Well played! Whatā€™s your spread?

I will try my best next time to post up before trading, time and opportunity permitting. No point in posting past trades as it is hindsight. Safe trading to you

Thank you :slight_smile: I am fortunate enough to learn from Johnathon Sensei & all you wonderful, selfless people here! The spread was 7 pips.

aaargh with 7pips of spread i prefer to choose ther pairs for trading, and removing it from my watch list :slight_smile: