Forex Price Action

I have never traded 2Bar reversals. Because I’m just learning and haven’t experienced many opportunities yet. The level seems very nice and I have been watching it too. The only thing that I like to know: is this considered an acceptable 2bar reversal? In fact I read about 2bar on Johnathon’s website and looked at some of his charts. And now I think that I liked to see it closes a little higher.

Yes they are correlated. Did you eventually take this trade Mattgm?

[QUOTE=“pedramslhr;512486”]

I have never traded 2Bar reversals. Because I’m just learning and haven’t experienced many opportunities yet. The level seems very nice and I have been watching it too. The only thing that I like to know: is this considered an acceptable 2bar reversal? In fact I read about 2bar on Johnathon’s website and looked at some of his charts. And now I think that I liked to see it closes a little higher.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ped - I’m in the same boat, this is the first opportunity I’ve seen and wasn’t entirely sure if it was valid due to the long wick on the bear candle. I passed the trade in the end but its since moved higher as has gold. Never mind, there’s always another trade!!!

[QUOTE=“chisha;512509”]Yes they are correlated. Did you eventually take this trade Mattgm?
[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately not. You?

Hey all

So the daily candles are soon about to close. And the eur gbp seems to have a 2 bar reversal as many have mentioned today

I was wondering if anyone will be taking this trade. I am considering it but due to my lack of experience I just wanted reassurance that it follows the methods of this thread

No I didn’t. We’ll catch other moves.

[QUOTE=“aujla17;512518”]Hey all

So the daily candles are soon about to close. And the eur gbp seems to have a 2 bar reversal as many have mentioned today

I was wondering if anyone will be taking this trade. I am considering it but due to my lack of experience I just wanted reassurance that it follows the methods of this thread[/QUOTE]

I’ve just finished reviewing the daily charts and that was the only one of interest. My hesitation is that the size of the bars are only small compared to other bars within the chart so not a significant move. Having said that it could move up nicely but maybe only an A set up and not an A+?

Same reason i wont be taking this trade. The size of the bars is too small for my liking.

It did break out of the range it was in and returned to the same S/R level where it is looking to find support now.
Which is confirmed by the 2BR just a shame that signal is rather small.

If anyone is taking this then good luck! :slight_smile:

Remitu

[QUOTE=“Remitu;512525”]

Same reason i wont be taking this trade. The size of the bars is too small for my liking.
[/QUOTE]

Johnathon - I’d be interested to know if you could give us a steer with your thoughts on this setup and the 2 BR on Silver 4hr earlier today

Hey everyone.

Been a member of babypips for some time now. Just stumbled upon this gem of a thread. Thanks Johnathon for this wonderful info! I started trading pinbars and engulfing candlesticks a while back with some pretty good results. I am trading weekly charts mostly and daily charts when I see setups but nothing smaller. Day jobs really get in the way of tracking Forex on a daily basis. I’m using S&R to target TP and using the outside of the pinbar and engulfing pattern for SL. Take a look at the AUD/USD weekly chart. I just went long as last weeks candle engulfed the previous two weeks. It looks to be at the turn near support. Other indicators I look at for verification purposes only are the MACD and ADX which are also showing a turn around (I’d plop in a chart but I have a new box and haven’t installed all of the proper software). TP target is at 1.04 and my SL is set at 89.70 (just below the turn. A small position gives me a target of 1100+ pips of TP with a SL of 300 pips. $114 gain vs. a $30 loss. Since this is based on the weekly charts it could take several weeks (or longer) to pan out… but at least I don’t have to watch it every day. I only take trades if the risk ratio is at 2:1 minimum. I still need to figure out if I should sell half once I am halfway to my target, adjust my stop loss to a trailing stop of break even at worst, or just ride it out.

Details:
lot is 1007 units (I differentiate my positions with 1007 and 1001 - “7” being a weekly chart and “1” being a daily chart)
1 pip = $0.10
Long at .92654
TP: 1.0385 (I usually set TP target inside the S/R points
SL: .8970

Anyway, thought I’d share. So far I am making money with this simple, stress-free strategy.

Good luck in the market!

~knotthead

I set pending STOPBUY, it have not been triggered yet. I think I’ll delete it, - this setup is too small, I made a mistake: followed “wanna trade” feeling muhaha

Actually I don’t want to delete it, I’ve changed my mind:59:

Hi Knotthead:57: Weekly rocks!
I have a EUR/USD (long since 22.07) and USD/CHF (short since 16.07 - in slight profit now).
For weekly I’m using only Jhonathon’s default methodology (no indicators, just SR+trend and candles). Wish you luck on your weekly endeavors:)

Hello guys.What do you say about AudUsd short trade?
-The price is with the overall trend
-0.93000 BRN resistance
-large and obvious BEEB

[QUOTE=“Sergei13;512584”]

I set pending STOPBUY, it have not been triggered yet. I think I’ll delete it, - this setup is too small, I made a mistake: followed “wanna trade” feeling muhaha

Actually I don’t want to delete it, I’ve changed my mind:59:[/QUOTE]

Hey. I just deleted my stop buy order also

I guess it was just not meant to be :frowning:

Any other pairs look interesting?

CADJPY monthly chart,

EURNZD weekly chart,

EURJPY daily chart.

anyone comment please?

[QUOTE=“chisha;512521”]

No I didn’t. We’ll catch other moves.[/QUOTE]

Silver maybe forming another larger 2BR at support TBC at 10am on 4hr. If it can and we can get through short term resistance at swing high of 20.59 there’s nothing in the way up to about 21.30

Hi, on EUR/USD H4 just formed a Bullish Engulfing Bar. Is it a good trade to go long?

HI Dudest and Johnathon)I know you two guys are trading a long time so that,s why i am asking only you two as you guys can answer my question better than anyone else here.These days as we know most fx pairs are quite slow and choppy because of the low volatility in summers.Do you have any rough idea about when the markets will get back to normal?I mean how much more we have to wait ?I have no idea because this is my first year of trading and i never experienced such a slow summer period before.
Thanks
Secure Trading

H12 BEEB NZDUSD.

• Swing high
  • VBRN 0.8000
  • PA
  • FTA (support) nearby at break of candle.

H8 EURGBP BUEB

• Bottom of range
  • BRN 0.86
  • Large PA
  • FTA (resistance) nearby at break of candle.

This is a trade I have entered - any feedback welcome

Stop just below BUEB, will close half and move to BE if price reaches 8631