Forex Price Action

As far as I know, it is charged on positions held overnight, basically interest. Everyone gets charged it.

Here you go

What does rollover mean in the context of the forex market?

Ignore that crap. When you start thinking about this you start forming a bias and when you do that you close your mind of to opportunities. Just trade what you see and whatever the price is telling you, now what you think you should be doing. Keep it simple and donā€™t try to out- think the markets. You have your edge, now every time you see it form in the markets pull the trigger. It is that simple, donā€™t go messing that up with a bunch of other rubbish that is not needed.

Welcome aboard and lovely charts indeed.

Please delete all indicators before posting in this thread.

Johnathon

The resistance I was referring to was not a level I would look to take short trades from but a level that would be enough to warrant not taking that BUEB thatā€™s for sure and thatā€™s what I was getting at. Yes it was around the 0.9330 sort of area. This BUEB was from support but it was also straight into the next resistance which was a major concern for price moving higher in the very short term. So whilst it very well may move higher now it has cleared some orders it was going to need to consolidate which has now done before it was going to move anywhere.

USDCHF 4HR CHART

EURSEK H4 Pin bar forming around resistance, trend is downward.

Am I right? I am in the learning process still :slight_smile:

I like what you just said, keep it simple, which i agree 100 %.

Hi youngmoney!

IMO this pinbar is way to small compared to the previous upward movement.
This doesnĀ“t mean that it couldnĀ“t go lower and turning out as a winning trade, but I wouldnĀ“t take this trade.

best regards!

Add this to your notes, Does the PA stick out compared to preceding bars?

In this case a BIG NO NO!

Another thing, try stick to better pair, ones with more liquidity.

Cheers

Hey guys

Here is a brilliant article by Johno that many of your guys will find helpful.

Cheers

How to Trend Trade Price Action | In Depth Tutorial Forex School Online

An Bearish Engulfing Bar is forming on NZD/USD H4, the candle has not closed yet.

Is it a good formation to go short?
Or is it a big correction to the trend?

not a solid trade in my humble opinion, as the BEEB seems to have found support at an earlier crucial resistance level

Hi guys, just wanted to show you the importance of money management, because even good BUEB candle can also go to the opposite direction. My GBPUSD entry just hit SL. Perhaps anyone here care to tell me what Iā€™ve done wrong?

See the red check mark there ā€¦ I went for long after the candle close and set my SL at the bottom of candle wick.

Watching the strong movement like this, perhaps the next entry I should go short? ā€¦ waiting PA signal of course.

I would say, you just tried to buy high and sell even higher.
Personally, when I see movement like this, e.g. 5+ bullish candles in a row, I donā€™t know why (and Iā€™m also aware it could be 15 bullish candles in a row which is pretty unlikely but itā€™s possible) but I expect some kind of selling of - making a correction, it seems to me quite unnatural and illogical to buy from this place you just traded, but to be honest, sometimes I also make trade from such a not good level and usually I also get stopped.

Like Belier has already covered you didnĀ“t buy low.
When you are looking for Longs you have to buy from Swing-lows not from swing-highs like you did.
Furthermore there is no key S&R area where you went Long.
And when looking at this BUEB I donĀ“t like the ā€œLongā€ upper-wick. IMO it should have closed higher (when ignoring the other things).

Hope this makes sense.

regards

Hi EignerdauL, I just made S/R lines (yellow) on my chart ā€¦ so basically Iā€™m supposed to wait until the candle to go back to my support area and wait for PA signal to go long. But my question, if the chart took like 2 weeks to go down to support area and thereā€™s a PA signal to go long, isnā€™t that means I would go against the down trend? Iā€™m confused in reading the GBPUSD trend at this moment, I welcome everyone to enlighten me. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, Iā€™m a new member. Iā€™m Italian sorry for my English.
I am interested in P.Aā€¦ Compliments for the trhead very constructive.

Hello, in my humble opinion, this week you should stop taking trades with the most extensive, there are too many economic data that influence the PA.

Oh man, we really donā€™t care about any economic rubbish like was mentioned soo many times in this thread, so stop trading based on some economic data this weekā€¦ There are always [B]too many[/B] economic data all the time, I remember when I was learning everything about trading and I looked at news calendar I was thinking what the hell, do I have to understand all of this sh.t to make money? And Iā€™m damn happy that I discovered PA trading really soon in my learning so I did not waste time with this rubbish. Just my point of viewā€¦

Hello Belier, I agree with you on junk economy.
It was my opinion, since 3 news are very important and can cause false market movements, I prefer to take trades with small size and large stop.
thanks