Forex Price Action

Hello Jack C,

My views on the charts you’ve posted:

1.The USDCAD is at support and if you sold from there you’d be selling at a swing low. I’m surprised you put that up since you understand this method.
2. Unfortunately the pin on the GBPUSD didn’t close inside the previous bar.
3. The USDSGD has price hovering at support, so shorting isn’t a good call.

Of course price can do whatever it wants because it suffers from manic depression :smiley:

See ya.

Yes that’s a good spot to go long once we have a good PA signal. I have my support line around the same area & price is clearly making higher highs & higher lows.
Let’s wait and see what happens.

I had this marked up as a potential long if we can get a PA bounce up off this level. doesn’t look like its going to happen on the 4h but may do on the Daily by the end of the day

Hallo Jack!

Sorry, haven’t been around, now going through missed posts

It varies (depending on the timeframe). Smaller for lower, bigger for higher.

But generally, yes, it’s about 5pips for H4 and 10pips for D1.

Cheers

We all know how hard trading can be. Here’s an inspiring video to help keep you motivated when you feel you can’t go on. The most motivating 8 min of your life! - YouTube

good afternoon, my name’s Matt & I’m a pipaholic!!

I’ve been dry and I haven’t made a trade for 2 days now.

These markets sure are boring at the moment - anyone see anything?

What do you think of EUR/GBP H4, the pinbar on the swing low, to go Long ?

I wanted to go long on that one to but the big bearish bar scared me:)

Nice trade - I had my resistance line marked higher so missed it :frowning:

Get use to it or find another occupation is the advice I have for you! We do this to make money and not for amusement or take away boredom. If we did I would have quite years ago. It’s all about cash and how much you make at the end of the month and that is it.

This time of year is boring. The markets turn to chop. Look at nearly all of your pairs. They are a see of sideways action. I can guarantee the majority of traders with less than two years experience (in other words they have not been through this part of the year twice yet) will lose money through this part of the year, regardless of whether they are a profitable trader or not. They may make money throughout the rest of the year, but it is hard not to be sucked in at this time of the year when you are a new trader. You see these choppy markets and you think you still have to trade all the time. You fill the need to still trade, trade, trade!

Anyway it happens every year at this time, and every year it picks up again. Trick is to not lose all your money in between the period between now and when it picks up so you have so cash left to cash in when the market is ripe for the picking again.

Johnathon

Hello,

Nice post, but unfortunate trade…

We have covered this so much in this thread and yet it is still one of the most common trade fails that brings traders unstuck. This is a CRUCIAL rule to ALL reversal signals.

If you are trading a BUEB from a high it means you either did not read the first 50 pages or you need to go back over them again to do a quick rehash.

This rule is so important… The basic signals we discuss in here are classed as reversals, or in other words they are picking price to reverse. For example if I enter a pin bar I am looking for price to reverse. If I enter a bearish pin bar I am looking for price to go lower. That’s why it is called a bearish pin bar. Because it is a reversal signal I need to pick this pin bar up at a high. I need to pick this pin bar to “reverse”.

So with your bullish engulfing bar you needed to play this from a low and not a high and this was critical. Playing this from a high price has no where to go and it means you are entering the market when the big guys are leaving. Basically the market has made a big move higher and the big guys have made their profit from this big move higher. To make a profit they have to cash out. They are cashing out of their trades at a time when you are only just entering after the market has moved to this high. You want to be getting into your trades at the low when the big guys are as well and then cashing out of your profits at the high when the big guys are as well.

It really is pretty simple in life, stocks, business and in Forex= Buy low and sell high.

I have an article that explains this in depth, but I am not going to put link here. It is titled: How to Trade Price Action Reversal Signals From Swing Points

Safe trading,

Johnathon

[QUOTE=“Forex School Online;515313”]

Get use to it or find another occupation is the advice I have for you! We do this to make money and not for amusement or take away boredom. If we did I would have quite years ago. It’s all about cash and how much you make at the end of the month and that is it.

This time of year is boring. The markets turn to chop. Look at nearly all of your pairs. They are a see of sideways action. I can guarantee the majority of traders with less than two years experience (in other words they have not been through this part of the year twice yet) will lose money through this part of the year, regardless of whether they are a profitable trader or not. They may make money throughout the rest of the year, but it is hard not to be sucked in at this time of the year when you are a new trader. You see these choppy markets and you think you still have to trade all the time. You fill the need to still trade, trade, trade!

Anyway it happens every year at this time, and every year it picks up again. Trick is to not lose all your money in between the period between now and when it picks up so you have so cash left to cash in when the market is ripe for the picking again.

Johnathon[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jonathon - although said in jest it’s actually an achievement for me. I was over trading so 2 days flat now means I’m getting more discipline. I’m recognising the emotions that are telling me I need to be in the market and am beating them rather than them beating me!!

So for 2 days I have successfully defended my capital!!

GBP/JPY continuation downward? What to you think (H4).

This is the trap i’ve been falling into, placing bad trades as I feel like i need to trade. What sort of time of year does activity normally pick up again?

Johnaton said some pages ago that it becomes “normal” again around September…

First week September. Still trades to be played, just realised that the market is clearly in chop. Anyone can notice that by just looking at their charts. Just realise that and trade to the conditions. Trade what you see.

Hi, on CAD/JPY H4 an PB is forming, candle has not closed yet.

What to do think about going short?

Candle does not stick out. I showed you in another post if i remember correctly. Also, strong support right below.

Jack

Yes you are right. I lost my mind lolll thanks for telling me that :slight_smile:

cya too!:slight_smile:

I have a question. Hope some seniors can answer that.

GBPUSD weekly is forming an obvious 2 bar reversal, bearish signal. While GBPCHF forming a bullish engulfing bar on D1. I know we don’t trade during NFP . Just I wonder what if we met such situation next time. How should we trade?

Both pairs are correlated , but 1 showing bearish another one showing bullish.